Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IMO I believe the Hogs are going to regret firing CM
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

IMO I believe the Hogs are going to regret firing CM

Nov 14, 2019, 6:42 AM

Because Arkansas is in the SEC West he needed more time to change the program and recruit more talented players. The Hogs are going to become the coots of the West if they continue to fire really good HC’s like CM. If not the next HC their hire may be more difficult to find. Much like SC’s situation when they were almost out of options and had to go to plan D and hire someone like the Mus-Chump. In 40 years CLEMSON has had To hire only 5 HC football coaches. I think Arkansas has had 5 HC’s while the coots have had 5 as well if you count Brad Scott’s last year in 9 in the last 20 years.

I hope and pray Chad Morris lands on his feet and takes Dabo’s advice stay where you a planted. I believe he was planted at SMU.

If what I read is accurate and Arkansas had a lot of key injuries that’s out of a coaches hands until you become 2 Deep or like CLEMSON 2 to 4 Deep.

In all honesty I think Chad would have been much better off staying at SMU. At least 2 to 4 more years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure the regret was because they hired him.

Nov 14, 2019, 6:54 AM

In the 2 games I’ve seen Arkansas looks like a defeated team as soon as they step on the field. That’s a hard mindset to fix.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad is a master at mismanaging talent.

Nov 14, 2019, 6:57 AM

He only knows one system and there's no way he takes a job with personnel waiting which can run his system.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad is a master at mismanaging talent.

Nov 14, 2019, 7:08 AM

Basing my opinion off of what he accomplished at Clemson and SMU. IMO if give more time he could have turned Arkansas into a consistently winning team. I am not saying he is going to win the West Division, a Conference title or a NC but he could win 7-9 games occasionally winning 10 or 11. But he needed more time to change the mindset of the players and the fans.

I wish him the best going foward.

what exactly did he accomplish at SMU?

Nov 14, 2019, 7:16 AM

He took a middle of the road american team and left it a middle of the road american team. New coach comes in and they are ranked for the first time in 30 years.

I think that speaks more about Chad's inability as a head coach than anything he may have 'built' there. And the guy has 0 power 5 wins in 5 years as a HC. a big, fat 0. embarassing. Mack Brown took a 2 win team to a team that is only a hand full of plays away from being undefeated - that's good coaching. Chad is a terrible head coach.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were 0-12 the year before he arrived***

Nov 14, 2019, 9:01 AM

Re: They were 0-12 the year before he arrived***

Nov 14, 2019, 9:12 AM

Can’t remember which year he started, but they weren’t 0-12 at any point. Maybe 1-11 or 2-10.

Nov 14, 2019, 1:06 PM [ in reply to They were 0-12 the year before he arrived*** ]

2009 - 8 wins
2010 - 7 wins
2011 - 8 wins
2012 - 7 wins
2013 - 5 wins
2014 - 1 win

chad arrives:
2015 - 2 wins
2016 - 5 wins
2017 - 7 wins

So you could say that with recent history in mind, he really didn't do anything with that program. Going from 1 win to 2 isn't that much of an accomplishment. He may have had them trending in the right direction but the arkansas job was just too big for his britches.

Nov 14, 2019, 3:44 PM

You pretty much just proved he was turning SMU around. 1 win before he got there then 2 then 5 then 7. Pretty much the definition of improvement. Not sure what your argument is.

I don't know if the Chad is a good head coach or not.

Nov 14, 2019, 6:55 AM

It's all opinion since he's done nothing to show he can build a successful D1 program. However, if he was following Dabo's model he could not have had success which would satisfy a lustful fan base in less than 6 years.

I agree, firing a guy after such a short time indicated that he was just a place holder and they had successfully found a more suitable replacement. I think FSU already has their guy's signature.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know if the Chad is a good head coach or not.

Nov 14, 2019, 9:27 AM

I don't understand this idea that the "Dabo way" takes so long.

Clemson won the division in Dabo's first full season, had one down year, and then won the ACC in his 3rd full season. In 2012 we tied for the division lead. In 2013 we lost the division by one game to the undefeated national champion. In 2014 we finished second in the division to playoff bound FSU. We have won the ACC in every season since leading up to our division and possible ACC championship this season.

What took so long?

Re: IMO I believe the Hogs are going to regret firing CM

Nov 14, 2019, 7:04 AM

Winless in conference in 2018. Mostly uncompetitive in those games. Winless in conference this year. Outside of a close game with A&M , largely uncompetitive in those games. Seven game losing streak including a 26 point loss - at home - to Western Kentucky. Outscored in the last five games by 132 points. He may be the greatest HC this side of Dabo but his track record at Arky justifies the change.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2019, 7:27 AM

I agree- unless he backs into another head coach opportunity and suddenly starts winning 10+ games a season for several years in a row, Arkansas will never regret their decision. There just isn't anything from his head coaching experiences to this point that shows much hope for future greatness. Arkansas has been just awful - losses to San Jose State, Western Kentucky, North Texas, Colorado State - even during a major rebuild more than 1 of these losses should be considered too much for a Power 5 program! I'd expect he should look to hone his OC talent for the next several years and then maybe take another chance as head coach at a smaller program.

I'm pretty sure the only thing they're going to be uspset

Nov 14, 2019, 7:09 AM

about is that they hired him in the first place.

I think he would have survived losing a close game to western Kentucky but

Nov 14, 2019, 7:10 AM

He got absolutely trashed by wku and to add insult to injury, wku was led by a qb chad couldn’t win with last year—he transferred. Arkansas looked good against Texas a and m and then Kentucky and then it is said that he lost the locker room. He also has several players that are basically saying they don’t like him. Not that that doesn’t happen even with Dabo. It was a short time but I dont think there were any results on the field. I live in Arkansas and there was a lot of excitement when he came here and most willing to give him until next year. But this year has been heartbreaking for the fans with absolutely no signs of growth on the field

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Nov 14, 2019, 7:30 AM

He needs to be an OC with a good HC, and he will recruit some talented players that the HC can win with. I see him being a great fit for FSU or cooterville if they get a really good HC.

Case closed on good HC. Verdict pending on OC.

Nov 14, 2019, 8:12 AM

HUNH has big liabilities if defense not very strong. Run offense was also limited against talented defenses.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Running game is generally tied heavily to OL performance

Nov 14, 2019, 8:54 AM

Any offensive scheme can have difficulty running the ball.

20 games isn't enough time to turn around a program***

Nov 14, 2019, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Case closed on good HC. Verdict pending on OC. ]

Nov 14, 2019, 8:22 AM

I lost respect for Chad when he pretty much copied Dabo’s messages word for word in his intro speech to the Arkansas team. It was plagiarism at its finest and showed me he couldn’t create his own culture.

Also, it’s “bloom where you are planted”, not “stay”.

what ever happened to the mad scientist ?***

Nov 14, 2019, 8:27 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

It was painfully obvious that team did not want to

Nov 14, 2019, 8:29 AM

play for Chad Morris. Didn't look much to me like SMU wanted play for him, either. Maybe the guy is just not an inspirational coach and that's what's required to be a HC.

Furthermore, we instantly got better on offense when he left, as evidenced by going to Florida w/ Cole Stoudt at QB and destroying Oklahoma. I like the guy as a person, as I've spent time talking to him a couple of times, but I'm not about to sit here and ignore the obvious just because he coached at Clemson. We got way better with him as OC, and we got way better when he took his stubborn self to SMU. Simply making in-game adjustments became like pulling teeth with him.

I wish him luck but he's not a college HC.

It was painfully obvious that CM has difficulty adapting

Nov 14, 2019, 9:06 AM

his system to the personnel he has.

A classic example is his trying to force an injured Cole Stoudt to try to play the same style as a healthy Deshaun Watson.

The Oklahoma blowout with vastly improved play calling after CM left Clemson showed how adapting the system to play to your guys' strengths can be very successful.

Nov 14, 2019, 8:31 AM

How many injuries does it take to justify a 29 point loss at home to Western Kentucky?

Uhhh

Nov 14, 2019, 8:31 AM

Chad was 3-18.

0-14 against P5 opponents
1-4 against G5 opponents (that's not a typo)
2-0 against FCS opponents

His resume includes a 27 pts loss to North Texas and a 26 point loss to Western Kentucky this past weekend.

Arkansas lost their last 4 games by an average of 35 points per game. The team clearly quit on him and it's easy to see why.

If you want more time at an SEC job you probably shouldn't lose to WKU, San Jose St, North Texas, and Colorado St. The 7 point win over Portland St can only buy you so much goodwill.

Let's be honest here, this was probably one of the worst coaching tenures in SEC history. It's definitely worse than Orgerons disastrous Ole Miss tenure. Its significantly worse than Brad Scott's SC tenure and Sly Croom's Miss St. Maybe you can find some Vanderbilt coach that did a worse job. Good luck though.

Re: Uhhh - I agree***

Nov 14, 2019, 11:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They just got annihilated by Western Kentucky

Nov 14, 2019, 8:45 AM

I think it was time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2019, 10:39 AM

I believe the next coach of FSU will try to hire Chad
as their Offensive Coordinator. I hope I am wrong but
why would they not go in that direction.

Nov 14, 2019, 12:50 PM

When they lost at home to San Jose State, one of the sorriest D1 programs in the country, I knew something was up.

Their last 4 games have been losses by 41, 41, 30 and 26. The 26 was Western Kentucky! I can only imagine how Ty Storey felt pummeling Arkansas last Saturday in a revenge game.

When the results are abysmal AND players aren't putting out on the field, it's time to cut bait. Arkansas really messed up hiring Morris.

Some guys just aren't head coach material.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=401110843

Is there a worse head coach this

Nov 14, 2019, 12:56 PM

Season than CM. His high school office was awesome many years ago But not so much today

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic