Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best case scenario for the Big 12 if we go....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Best case scenario for the Big 12 if we go....

May 19, 2012, 8:28 AM

Hopefully GT, FSU, and Miami along with us. Allows us to maintain rivalries with former ACC teams in the south while growing revenue.

"east" division of

Clemson
GT
FSU
WVU
Louisville
Baylor Bears
Iowa State Cyclones

West Division
TCU
Kansas Jayhawks
Kansas State Wildcats
Oklahoma Sooners
Oklahoma State Cowboys
Texas Longhorns
Texas Tech Red Raiders

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're close... but it all comes down to who's available

May 19, 2012, 8:32 AM

FSU and Clemson are #'s 11 and 12.

Then whether or not they go 14 becomes about who's available. GT was not interested originally, but now they are in talks with the Big 12. Not sure how serious.

Miami was also a no, and I don't know where they currently stand.

Anything above FSU and Clemson depends on who they can get.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Miami is a no on interest from Big12 or them?***

May 19, 2012, 8:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

from them... when talks first went down, they said "no"...

May 19, 2012, 8:36 AM

saying they were planning to cut football funding anyway. With the current developments and nuking of the ACC... I don't know where they currently stand.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

lord please let us leave the ACC***

May 19, 2012, 8:38 AM

As of right now...

May 19, 2012, 8:42 AM

done

Re: lord please let us leave the ACC***

May 19, 2012, 9:16 AM [ in reply to lord please let us leave the ACC*** ]

My feelings exactly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lord please let us leave the ACC***

May 19, 2012, 9:34 AM [ in reply to lord please let us leave the ACC*** ]

agree!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

VT,Va,GT,CU,FSU & Miami.

May 19, 2012, 10:10 AM [ in reply to you're close... but it all comes down to who's available ]

along with WVU you'd have almost the whole eastern division in a 16 team league, BUT, that's just a FANTASY.

Re: Best case scenario for the Big 12 if we go....

May 19, 2012, 8:34 AM

You mean if we are invited!

that ship has saileld...

May 19, 2012, 8:49 AM

and we had a ticket

i posted below that it will be us, Louis, fsu and mia

May 19, 2012, 8:35 AM

but I.can't imagine baylor being in our division as the Texas schools won't be split. We get Iowa st.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

probably so....good point

May 19, 2012, 8:36 AM

just hope we can maintain some of our rivals from the SE.

UL is possible... but they are way down the list now...

May 19, 2012, 8:38 AM [ in reply to i posted below that it will be us, Louis, fsu and mia ]

the more ACC schools are interested, the farther they fall.

I would put them at 25% right now... but just my opinion.

Re: Best case scenario for the Big 12 if we go....

May 19, 2012, 8:37 AM

Why did you leave out TCU?

ouch....my mistake***

May 19, 2012, 8:39 AM

fixed***

May 19, 2012, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Best case scenario for the Big 12 if we go.... ]

Re: Miami is a no on interest from Big12 or them?***

May 19, 2012, 8:44 AM

Problem with miami is that the conferences dont know how harsh their penalties will be. If they bring them in and they get slammed and it takes them years to recover or if they even do recover then the conf gets screwed and they wasted a spot that could have gone to a more powerful school. Plus miami will always be in the ncaa's sights and have always had shady types around their program so who knows when it will happen again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly... great point***

May 19, 2012, 8:45 AM

The problem with Miami is that they don't have the fan

May 19, 2012, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Miami is a no on interest from Big12 or them?*** ]

base or the game day atmosphere. They've always been reliant on the national band wagon fan. They probably need this move worse than anyone but are probably at a point where there is not much attractive about them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miami is a pro sports town much like Boston

May 19, 2012, 9:01 AM

the Hurricanes were not when they were really good but when they slipped the fans went away and aren't coming back.

You're right it's a "pro sports" city, and they barely

May 19, 2012, 10:04 AM

support those

Big XII with 16 teams

May 19, 2012, 8:44 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=12234387

Re: Big XII with 16 teams

May 19, 2012, 9:34 AM

Talking 16 teams to the BIG X11, and they haven't even made it to 12 yet. Putting the cart before the horse has never been a good idea.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Logisitically we would need a couple more ACC teams

May 19, 2012, 8:47 AM

to go. It would be much easier being able to keep some existing rivalries and have more regional games for fans to attend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

would be nice but in this game of survival sometimes it

May 19, 2012, 8:50 AM

comes down to eat or be eaten.

Maybe, but it benefits the Big 12 to have a regional

May 19, 2012, 9:03 AM

presence not just a couple of schools. WVU may have been added out of survival for both parties, but there was surely a plan to increase the footprint.

Re: Maybe, but it benefits the Big 12 to have a regional

May 19, 2012, 9:18 AM

Talking with some folks from the BIGXII and B1G, the schools that seemed to be dead in their fans' sights were FSU, Ga. Tech, Clemson, UNC, N.C. State, Va. Tech, Maryland, Rutgers, Pittsburgh, Syracuse and Boston College. The order of most desireable and most beneficial, however, weren't subjects that anyone could agree on.

I have no idea how all of this will shake out, but I certainly hope Clemson is valued as much outside the state of South Carolina as in it.

Re: Maybe, but it benefits the Big 12 to have a regional

May 19, 2012, 9:25 AM

Notre Dame was also heavily in the dicussion.

Sorry, I'm having one of those weeks.

Why would the Big XII pick up 4 schools from the ACC?

May 19, 2012, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Logisitically we would need a couple more ACC teams ]

I hate to say it but our conference is hurting right now. The additions we added since the early 90's are down, the conference as a whole can't beat anyone outside of the ACC, the fanbase is not supporting the institutions in football except for us, VT, FSU and the last few years even these 3 have seen that dwindle. If the administrators don't do something to get us in one of the "super conferences" we will be screwed.

Put them all in the same division,less travel.

May 19, 2012, 10:15 AM

Not saying it would happen(still don't fully believe CU or FSU are leaving), but the more eastern team teams the BIG 12 takes the less the travel expenses are.

Re: Miami is a pro sports town much like Boston

May 19, 2012, 9:19 AM

I lived in south florida for 5 years and trust me, they have the fanbase its just theyre fairweather and when the teams down they stay home but when they are winning they show up. If they could get it together and stop uf from pillaging their talent pool that alone could get them back on top. The talent that comes from miami, pahokee, glades and other areas down there is unreal. One year at the pahokee-glades central game there were 18 kids on the field with 1-A offers. That is what built miami and could again but who knows how their penalties will be and when they get hit again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is for 6 ACC teams going to the BIG 12

May 19, 2012, 9:45 AM

moving it to 16 teams, giving it East and West divisions. But make no mistake the Conference championship game would still be in Texas.

we're not going to the big XII

May 19, 2012, 10:10 AM

we're staying in the ACC. remember when we voted to raise the buyout to 20 million dollars? this stuff is fun to talk about, but there's no real substance to it.

while I think it would be fun at first to play all those new teams, it would get old fast to have most of our away games 1000 miles away.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic