Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Sep 10, 2018, 8:05 AM

Friday night. Fairly calm. Went to CostCo to pick up some ribs for Saturday then watched some strange horror movie about a clown.

Saturday: Apparently I go to Clemson for away games. Helped a buddy smoke some ribs and babysit a drunk. ###### was carrying on about the ND game having to be on. Passed out 5 minuets in. Our game, whew, good thing we have experience with puckered butt holes.

Sunday, chose and more chose.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Sep 10, 2018, 8:09 AM

Friday
Wife worked all day. I think I did a bunch of cleaning up around the house, but I don't really remember.

Saturday
Wife worked all day. Son's football team played Sumter. They lost, but the boy played pretty good. He played both ways the entire game except for one drive on offense (DT and OG). It was hot as bawlz, but he hung in there. Didn't miss a block on offense and most plays he shoved his guy 10-15 yards down field and didn't stop until the whistle. On defense he didn't get any tackles, but he was disruptive. He got in the QB's face and forced an INT in Sumter's only passing attempt. Invited bro and sis-in-law over to watch the Clemson game. Cooked homemade brats. Drank some killer beers, including "Wide Awake it's Morning" from Funky Buddha (Imperial Porter with maple, bacon, and coffee), a few Mosaic Rinse and Repeat IPA's from Westbrook, a Passionfruit Sour from Edmond's Oast, and a bunch of All Day IPA's.

Sunday
Wife worked all day. I let the kids run wild around the house while I layed around and watched TV and napped. I did wakeup twice: to cook brats for lunch and to heat up leftover brats for dinner.

TL/DR
Good relaxing weekend. Clemson won. Gamecocks lost. Very proud of JR's football performance. Good beer. Wife worked and stuck me with the kids. 8/10

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Welp, the Tigers and Panters won, the Coots lost and I

Sep 10, 2018, 8:10 AM

didn't die. So 4 for 4

Laid back with a lot of football. Wen't to the Westminster Apple Festival and bout, apples.

8/10 cuz acid reflux today

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Above ave

Sep 10, 2018, 8:13 AM

Went to a Ren fest in the mts that had a lower than usual quotient of hairy legs and armpits
Also had delicious slabs of beef off a carcass on a spit instead of corny turkey legs
Drank lots of mead & cider that gave me a sick sugar head just as we got home in just in time for kickoff

Dang dat game doh

Sunday went to the Asheville Science Tavern mtg at White Labs - the pizza is the awesome

Good one over all

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Sep 10, 2018, 8:17 AM

Friday - Get the gf's car washed at the one of them drive thru places, eat dinner at Salsaritas, and head to the Boiling Springs v Dutch Fork scrimmage to watch the band preform. Once Dutch Fork went up 9 touchdowns to BS 7 points we called it a night. DF scored on every possession. Went home to celebrate by making sex on my gf's hooha

Saturday - Grocery shopping in the morning then a lazy day until daughterofs futbol game at 130PM also known as the hottest f'ing time of the day Saturday. We won 6-1. Had to call off the dogs once we were up by 5. After the game I headed home to laugh at the coots.

Saturday night we cooked some buffalo chicken dip and headed over to a buddies house to catch the Clemson game. He made a low country boil and we all had side of heartattacks and high blood pressure for dessert.

Sunday I slept in until 10AM. Headed up to Asheville to take a nap in the Salt Cave followed by dessert at the French Broad Chocolate Factory. We piddled around downtown for an hour or so then rode up the parkway to the Pisgah Inn when I devoured some rainbow trout. Got home around 8, watched some TV and crashed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Allsome week spent in Texas!

Sep 10, 2018, 8:18 AM

Great time in San Antone, Hill Country, and Austin!
Game day was fantastic. aTm fans were great, invited us to their tailgates, seems to be a lotta connections people-wise between the 2 schools. 2 rain squalls happened in afternoon to drench the big Tiger Tailgate, but the good-looking bartenders served drinks in the rain! Poured water outa their cowgirl boots!
Rain not a problem at game, but building nose-bleed stands in the end zones is STUPID and UGLY!
Hope Clemson never does anything like that.
2 flights to get home yesterday, a little bumpy but highly satisfying!

Go Tigers!!

Good. Friday night, did my usual rounds at Midwood smokehouse and Basil Thai. Drank some bourbon.

Saturday. Cooked a big breakfast and ran the weedeater a little bit. Nervous driank more bourbon while watching the ##### get broke in half. Watched our game and shatpost all over the mange all night. Got too drunk to cook a burrito. Had to rewatch the 4th quarter to remember why the game was sofa king close.

Sunday, nurse a hangover and watched NFL football.

The end.

Son was awarded 2nd degree black belt.

Came in 2nd in fighting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you mean first loser***

Sep 10, 2018, 8:26 AM

ROH

Re: Son was awarded 2nd degree black belt.

Sep 10, 2018, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Son was awarded 2nd degree black belt. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ehhh

Sep 10, 2018, 8:20 AM

Friday: chain gang for the school I am coaching at, hot and muggy

Saturday: Too much booze, too long, and one game I wish to forget

Sunday: Too hot, lost our match and bed early, the weekend was long, but too short

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great! Mom's 80th Birthday weekend

Sep 10, 2018, 8:27 AM

Went to Flo town to visit mom and dad (glad to still have them both) Mom's 80th.

My 12 year old was sick on the couch, but my 10yr old and I got to redneck it up all weekend. Spent the weekend in the camper in the yard, rode 4 wheelers, shot guns, played with dogs, grilled and shot some more guns. He got his first taste of shooting bowling pins. Shot his Sig .22 and two of my 1911's. He said "daddy I can feel the sound waves hitting me when I shoot that." He got pretty good at 15 yards.

Took mom out to eat (restaurants in Florence SUCK) but had a great time anyway. Caught my wife watching the game on her phone at dinner. (thats sexy)

Got home to watch the second half at the house and well........ My insurance company will be happy to know that I passed my stress test! Dang guys come on! Wife ran all the ladies out of the living room with her yelling at the TV. (she can be a bit.....intense when it comes to clemson football)

well...let’s see...

Sep 10, 2018, 8:27 AM

Flew to College Station Thursday morning... went to Northgate and was welcomed with open arms.. Went to the Clemson tailgate at the Fox and Hound and met some awesome people.
Saturday...didn’t make it to Gameday but was able to see SC get their #### kicked by GA..
Went to game..front row seat..endzone..

Effing awesome trip ever!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yo

Sep 10, 2018, 8:28 AM

Greenr family pool is OPEN. Put the big screen 36" Vizio on the wooden bench and watched the Dawgs route the C0cks. This is the ONLY time it is OK to pull for Georgia. Watched the Clemson game at home, stressin. Stayed up late afterwards, if you know what I'm saying. (5-6 minutes TOPS)

Sunday church, lunch, naps, pool, grocery store, dinner, Panthers win, convinced significant other to stay up late AGAIN. (4-5 minutes, TOPS)

11/10 cause pool, fun stuff, tigers win, panthers win, gamecocks lose

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good

Sep 10, 2018, 8:36 AM

Friday: It was the last day of vacation and a day of debauchery. Eating and drinking everything we didn't want to bring back home.

Saturday: It was a looong day. We packed up early and headed home. Started preparing for the evening once we got settled back in. Hosted a birthday party / game viewing for the SIL family. We were wiped out by the time everyone left.

Sunday: A very thoughtful day.

I thought about finishing the unpacking and decided - #### it.
I thought about washing the salt off the car and decided - #### it
I though about mowing the lawn and decided - #### it
I thought about bathing the dog to get that kennel smell off him - #### it

It was a very lazy day.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2/3 - almost perfect weekend.

Sep 10, 2018, 8:44 AM

Tigers won.

Coots lost.

Did not win lottery.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Very good.

Sep 10, 2018, 8:46 AM

Went hiking with the missus on the New River Hiking Trail in Virginny. Good trail, nice views.

Did think I was gonna haveta whoopazz on some teenagers though. Rood bastids.

Pigs of the missus' trail?***

Sep 10, 2018, 10:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

bwhole still on lock-down from saturday night

Sep 10, 2018, 8:51 AM

Friday - bailed on work a few hours early, met a dood about his wood (getting mantel @ outdoor fireplace replaced, IB4 LOOK AT ME) after meeting a different dood about his wood (celtic_tiger®)...had mexican for dinner, and fell asleep watching TCU/SMU game

Saturday - woke up headachey AF...watched gameday while doing some chores. LilGUAR#2 had his first soccer game (ever) at 1:30. THESE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE 'MORNING' GAMES. the next several are ALL either 1:30 or 2:30. As of yet, they don't interfere with any of Clemson's scheduled games... it WAS more fun than I expected, and he did ok overall. He even scored a goal - granted, it was after the half had ended, ref was blowing the whistle, but all LilGUAR#2 knew was that he broke away and had a clear shot on the goal, and ######, he was gonna take it. Looked good doin it. I told him afterwards that he needs to pay attention and listen to for the whistle. He said 'oh i heard it....i just wanted to score'. After, went to butcher to prepare for Sunday night....grabbed some beer, and put together some furniture for a bit while watching ball...went to neighbor frand's house around 5:30 thru halftime of our game. Rest of my evening is prob similar everyone else's here, except I also had seggs.

Sunday - slept in til 9:45, nice breakfast ...finished the furniture thing I'd started Saturday...threw a couple Fanduel lineups in. That was a waste. From 1-7:30ish, it was Me, the TV, and Redzone. Looking like a 3-0 fantasy foosball wknd in the GUARCHITECT household, including 2 highest scores in two of the leagues. Cooked up 3 NY Strips, 2 Eyetalian sausages & corn on the cob to celebrate

NICE/10

Glad you had secks but sorry your buttwhole is still messed

Sep 10, 2018, 9:02 AM

up. Maybe you should tell him to take it easier on you next time.

#HIGHFIVE

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I THINK I SPEAK FOR TRDJ

Sep 10, 2018, 10:06 AM [ in reply to bwhole still on lock-down from saturday night ]

and myself when I ask: where does he play ?

#NoDoxxing

the YMCA 'league'

Sep 10, 2018, 10:09 AM

6/7 year olds.

Sad panda

Sep 10, 2018, 10:13 AM

There's a few higher level leagues in your vicinity, on ethat Tharealdonjuan would castrate me for mentioning

we're just getting his feet wet, seeing if he likes it enuff

Sep 10, 2018, 10:25 AM

to play more.
for now, this is high-level enough

Drank too much. Ate too much. Turned a year older.

Sep 10, 2018, 8:52 AM

Sold $300 of popcorn. Clemson won. Coots lost. Kids sick. No #####.

8.7/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No major complaints.

Sep 10, 2018, 8:58 AM

Friday, went to RH Mom's and did a few chores since RH Sis was in Tejas. Left there and went to get tacos. "They'll be ready in 10 minutes" turned out to be more like a 40 minute and 2 beers at the bar wait. Went home and chowed down, fell asleep in the big chair. Woke up around midnight, finished the half beer that was sitting on the table, and went to bed.

Saturday, casual chore-doing all morning. Went over to Joonyer's and helped him at his house for a couple hours, then over to RH Mom's to make sure she was all set for the evening. Finally got back to the house and started getting ready for the 97th quarterly meeting of our Supper Club. Forgot the coots were playing and turned on last 2 minutes of the game, saw the score, giggled, and left for Supper Club. Got to Supper Club and the game was on, glanced at the score every now and again so felt we were in good shape and didn't really watch. Got to Carolina Ale House, had beers and dinner, finally started paying attention to the game halfway through the 4th quarter. Once the game was over, everybody headed home rather than go back and tailgate like normal Supper Club, but unfortunately we had some our more late-night hard partying members that were absent due to family or health issues...which probably saved me a hangover in the long run .

Sunday, did a lot of nothing in the morning, then went over to check on RH Mom for a bit. left there for grocery run, then back to the house. Knocked out a few final weekend chores, took the pup on a long walk, then came back and Mrs. made blueberry waffles. Watched the end of the Panties game. Looks like they spent the entire offensive line to win the only game they'll win this year now. Cleaned up kitchen, Mrs. started watching some show on Netflix I didn't care about so I got on the computer and surfed music the rest of the night. I did cull through all of the SKYISFALLINGOURDEFENSESUCKSWHYDOWECALLTHESEPLAYS chatter on Tnet and FB, laughed at the short memory we seem to have in the fact that we always play a big out-of-conference opponent second game of the year and find a way to squeak out a win. Been doing it for a few years now.

So analyze dat, amateur coaches.

9/10 weekend. Clemson win/coot loss/Panties win was good, everything else was calmly meh.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Howdy.

Sep 10, 2018, 9:33 AM

That's an A&M thing. They're weird.

Thursday: up at buttcrack of dawn to shower and get on road to airport, dad came over at 6:15 to give me a ride. I shouldn't have hit snooze, because I forgot my rain jacket (more on this later). Traffic in Chas. sucks at 6:30am, which I would have known if I was a commuter, but I'm not, so I had my surprised face on. Got to airport at 7:14am for 7:52 flight. If there's a line at security, I'm screwed. I walked straight up to the ID/pass TSA guy, literally nobody in front of me. Pleasant exit row trip to DFW. And that was the last time anything went right with a flight this weekend.

Had 7 or 8 hours to kill in DFW before flight to CS, took an Uber to see my old boss in McKinney, TX. Gatdam $50 Uber each way. Headed back to DFW in afternoon, met up with a few other delinquents for our 4:59 flight....and then proceeded to check out every bar in DFW because flight was delayed. Lightning cleared every worker off the tarmac. We were using Yelp to find the best bars in DFW. Finally get to hotel around 10, too tired to do anything, crash.

During DFW adventures, I asked 19She to check on rates for overnighting my rain jacket to me. USPS would have done it for $35-40, a little pricey, and they're not trustworthy. FedEx wanted almost $70. I'll get wet, thanks (TWSS). Then she looks up UPS, and it's $40. I'm like "if you can send it for $40, go ahead. IF IT'S MORE THAN THAT, DO NOT SEND IT." An hour later, I get a text indicating it was on the way...for $92. The jacket cost $99. I could have ordered the same jacket on Prime and had it by Saturday at the hotel (or paid a few extra bucks and had it on Friday). Fuuuuuuck. The decision making skills of "these people".

Friday: want to Fargo's to get some Texas Q.

Brisket was aight, mine is better. Ribs were aight, mine aren't better because I haven't done ribs that much. Hot guts were legit, best of the plate. Went to Dixie Chicken and drank a lot with a bunch of Clemson fans. Went next door and threw cornhole and played ping pong and darts, and drank a lot. Went to Clemson thing at Fox and Hound that night, was PACKED full of Clemson fans. I'd almost rather go to a place where you actually run into non-Clemson people when you go to road games.

Saturday: them A&M fans aren't scared to hit below the belt. No idea why they needed to get this personal.

Anyway, I'd heard that A&M fans were ridiculously nice, to the point of being Stepford-Wivey, but they were all pretty genuine af, as near as I could tell. Weirdest, nicest fanbase I've ever seen. Everybody fed us and gave us booze. Had an armadillo egg at one tailgate:

Jalapeno stuffed with homemade sausage (this guy has his own smokehouse at home, wuuuuut) and cream cheese, wrapped in bacon, and smoked. Ganked the fug out of that recipe. The tailgating setups were incredible. Clemson isn't close to that level. No school I've seen is close to the tailgating level of these creatures.

Made it to the Clemson Alumni thing and got a couple dollars worth of the $50 ticket. Ate some mediocre brisket and pounded 4 or 5 liquor drinks, but more importantly, got out of the oppressive Texas heat for an hour or two. Good lord, it was hot and humid and awful out there. Here's one of the bartenders:

Kyle Field:

Get to game, with $192 rain jacket in hand, and found our seats....

....and we're under the overhang. It dumped for the whole first half, and we were dry and hot af. Buddy in upper deck said he put his rain jacket on for 2 minutes before the personal sweat lodge became unbearable. He had to take it off to avoid passing out. That place makes Columbia seem comfortable.

Killer game environment, and we didn't take the crowd out of the game when we had the chances. The cheers were pretty cool, even though we couldn't understand what they were saying. The "yell leaders", I guess they're called...that shit is fruity. I get that it's tradition, but you can lead a cheer without being dressed in all white and doing weird little twirly dances as you instruct the crowd on how to yell. Other than that, dang...that is a crazy place. Recommend seeing a game there before you kick the bucket.

Sunday: every flight delayed, supposed to be home at 5:30pm, got home at 8:30. American is gonna hear from me after bumping me from a flight in Charlotte, not telling me about it, and THEN I made it to the gate on time to get on my original flight and they couldn't/wouldn't let me on (after running all the way from B to E, which is about as far as you can go in the CLT airport, amirite, Obed?). Here's a ninj for your time:

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I learned my lesson the hard way when it comes to

Sep 10, 2018, 10:45 AM

flying American. We sat on the tarmac for an hr before they decided to take a different route but 1st we needed more gas to make that route. Oh btw while we are refueling we gonna just go ahead and cancel the flight. The next one will have you at your destination 6 hrs late and at 2AM in the morning. Enjoy not getting a refund either mf'er.

That was my experience.

That was the original reason we were late. Everybody

Sep 10, 2018, 10:58 AM

boarded plane in College Station (Corso was on our puddle jumper, even). Sat there due to weather delays, for a good 30 minutes. Then, when cleared to take off, FAA regulations say that the plane doesn't have enough fuel because it might have to circle due to weather in Dallas. WHAT THE FUCK WERE WE DOING FOR THAT 30 MINUTES? Had to wait another 20 for the fuel truck.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I called and submitted a refund request online

Sep 10, 2018, 11:06 AM

The phone call gets no where. The online request is still show they have my request and to email them by clicking the triangle under the refunds section of the website. There is no triangle. Basically they got you where you wanted to go.

I Jake Bently'ed them #neveragain

Good, too short

Sep 10, 2018, 9:43 AM

Got home a little early Friday and did some yard work. I've been neglecting it all summer because too hot and I'd rather be at the lake. Gonna be a good bit of work this fall.

Got out to the lake Saturday morning, it was beautiful. The crowds are finally starting to thin out, but the water is still around 86 degrees so it's perfect. Back home in time for the game, where I cursed our offensive coordinators for the next few hours. Our secondary is also not very good, but my god the play calling is 'offensive'. You've got all that talent, and you run a middle school offense? Unbelievable. The Wing T we ran in high school with a quarterback who threw no less than 4 interceptions a game was more effective.

Oh well, we won so it worked out. Slept in Sunday, was pretty hungover for the first time in a while. Felt like I could taste the aluminum from all the Keystone's I drank. Then moved to the couch and just laid there like I was dead for a few more hours. Had to go take the boat out, so left the wife and dogs at home and rode out to the ### by myself. Sat in the middle of the lake for about 30 minutes which was nice.

Did have a little bit of boat ramp drama yesterday afternoon. I'm not sure how they made it to the ramp, but they had a rope wrapped around the prop. Guy gets out and backs the truck down, leaving his wife in the boat. Boat stalls out every time she put it in gear. She's throwing her hands up in the air, and the guy is just standing on the ramp with his hands on his hips, not saying a word as she slowly floats toward the back of the cove.

Not knowing w tf is going on, I'm waiting on them for about 10-15 minutes, there's 4 or 5 people behind me at this point. Finally go over and he yells out "there's a rope around the prop", sure enough there is. He wants me to get in the water and cut the line, lol. That's not happening so I tow her back over to the dock and he asks me if I can just tow it up to his trailer. Again, no I'm not doing that. So I'm towing her back over to the dock and he starts walking over to the dock, leaving his truck on the ramp. Everyone has to scream at him to move his GD truck so everyone else can take out. He's not moving quickly either, he's going at sloth speed. Guy just had a total lack of fuggs to give about anyone else, really pissed me off.

Got home, got back in the recliner and prayed that Monday would never come.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of sloths

Sep 10, 2018, 9:51 AM

Yesterday while I was in A'ville I stuck my head in Mast Gen to browse through items Im not spending that much money on. I see a stuff sloth animal toy and thought ya know I've never seen a stuff sloth animal toy and pick it up, check the price tag. That Mf'er was $50. I gently sat it back down as not to break it and went about my day

It's kind of like the Augusta Rd. of retail

Sep 10, 2018, 9:57 AM

That's where you buy $10 stuffed animals for $50, kind of like you buy a $150k house on Augusta Rd. for $550k.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2018, 9:49 AM

Fri - dinner with two of the kids. Not much else, in bed at a decent hour so we could get up on

Sat - and head to Rock Hill for son's soccer tournament. First game at Manchester Meadows in Rock Hill. Cotdamn what a nice facility. Better than anything Aiken could ever dream of building. But man it's hot. It's like Africa hot. Tarzan couldn't take this kind of hot. Son's team gets slaughtered. Break between games and cruise up Dave Stoplight Blvd to hit Hartland's upon the recommendation of @RH Tig. Watch a little football, drink a couple beers, and eat some food. Food was good except the wings left a little bit to be desired. Check into UDP hotel on Cherry Road and head back for game 2. Still damnmn hot but not as hot as game 1. Clean up and head to Hickory Tavern to eat supper and watch the Clemson game. BIL drives down from Charlotte to meet us. Food was great and a really good beer list. Enjoy some snooty IPAs and the biggest mound of nachos I've ever seen. Also enjoy the puckering of the ######## as Clemson squeaks out the win.

Sun - Last game is in Charlotte and the thermometer says it is cooler than Saturday. Well that little motherfucker is a liar because it was hot as all get out. Somehow survive the heat, but son's team loses to the best team in the tourney like 5-0. UDP lunch at Moe's in Rock Hill on the way back to Aiken. Enjoy a nice dinner with the kids at home, go downtown to have a couple macrobrews before coming home and calling it a night.

Tigers somehow win and I didn't die, or something like that. 7/10.

It was pretty humid this weekend, but we're usually anywhere

Sep 10, 2018, 10:00 AM

from 5-10 degrees cooler at the house than in town because we're down in the river valley with no concrete or traffic around. Hate I couldn't get away to hook up at some point, but anytime Sis is gone, RH Mom comes up with a pretty good list of 'Can you do this for me' items so I was over there a significant portion of the weekend, which pushes me in getting stuff done at my house. Glad Hartline's was OK, I've not been there but it's the same owners as Charandas, which isn't all-world Mexican but decent enough. I've never had a bad meal in Hickory Tavern, but it's not my favorite. It's corporate interstate exit restaurant quality food and LOUD in there.

But yeah, Manchester is a fine facility for those relegated to having to watch kids play soccer, I guess.

;)

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We almost ended up at Carolina Ale House

Sep 10, 2018, 10:19 AM

since it is sort of inbetween us and BILs place in Charlotte, but Hickory Tavern was good. Asspensive, but good.

Man, we have had some pretty crappy experiences at

Sep 10, 2018, 10:22 AM [ in reply to It was pretty humid this weekend, but we're usually anywhere ]

Hartland's. Glad yours wasn't bad.

Good Ole Dave Stoplight Boulevard sucks bawls. Manchester Meadows is nice. Did you know it was built on an old sewage lagoon? Nice to know after you drink the water, eh?

Did not know that about the sewage lagoon

Sep 10, 2018, 10:29 AM

I did have one general observation about the tap water in the whole city of Rock Hill. That stuff comes out lukewarm. Couldn't get cold water anywhere. Not sure if it was just the few places where we ran it, or the whole city, but it was weird.

Waitress at Hartland's was less than desireable (in looks and in service time) but the food was good enough.

Waitstaff has been the problem for us as well. Also, not

Sep 10, 2018, 10:30 AM

hot at all. Even the dudes.

The East Coast party continues....

Sep 10, 2018, 10:03 AM

Friday morning made Instant Pot boiled peanuts for games while taking a nap early in the morning. Made chicken broth while cooking 4 breasts in Instant Pot. Two breasts went into chicken salad for Saturday lunch. Others being saved for chicken pot pie. Made Quichie for lunch. Then made split pea soup in Instant Pot for Friday night with smoked chops. Watched both games with wife and Coot SIL. Predicted both. Better than Beefie, the Coot for a Day. Never ask him for betting advice. Could have gone deer hunting Sunday morning, but don't like to hunt on Sunday. My hunting buddy went and shot a nice buck. Will put pic on next post. His doe girlfriend will be jealous. Watched Pittsburgh and Browns kiss each other. Watched Pantie best Cowboys. Sorry Celtic, but Yankees (no Justice) and Cowboys both suck. Today going to Shealys BBQ for lunch with cousins. Then long nap. Probably won't eat tonight. So great weekend continues.

In 4 instant pot recipes

Sep 10, 2018, 10:07 AM

we just got ours

You need help with anything

Sep 10, 2018, 10:08 AM

Just ask.

beef stew for the win***

Sep 10, 2018, 10:08 AM [ in reply to In 4 instant pot recipes ]

Buck pic as promised....

Sep 10, 2018, 10:13 AM [ in reply to The East Coast party continues.... ]
6315.jpeg(206.6 K)

puppytastic

Sep 10, 2018, 10:16 AM

and my whole family was in town so it was a blast. And the Tigers won!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnhnyemBE3U/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

We've added a new golden to our pack last week

Sep 10, 2018, 10:27 AM

Little Gus is too small to play with the big dogs right now, but he'll get there quickly I think.

Gus

Yours or your parents' doggie?***

Sep 10, 2018, 10:46 AM

Parents, they got him from the same lady in Pickens

Sep 10, 2018, 10:56 AM

She's only doing one litter a year now so they had to wait awhile.

Baseballerific with a side of football.

Sep 10, 2018, 10:37 AM

Had game between 2 top 10 teams in the state that wound up being a blowout.

10 year old had a baseball tournament in Simpsonville on Saturday and Sunday. Went 4-0 won the championship, turned 6 double plays and out scored our opponents 56-14.

Tigers played ugly butt won. A lot to work on in practice but I have confidence in Dabo and the staff.

It was a horrible experience.

Sep 10, 2018, 10:39 AM

Saturday morning I tried to settle my nerves by being productive. I've been stressing over the glue to put those tiny slats of zebrano wood on the backing pad which makes them a roll top for the MB console.

After much thought I decided on my old faithful goto glue and broke out a new 1" china bristle brush to apply it with. I lined the slats up with a framing square and screwed the latch on the backing pad to avoid an embarrassing miss-alignments and use a 2" masking tape to lock in in place on a short piece of 2x6 make sure it didn't wiggle while I made the fine adjustments to the location of the backing pad.

After putting a liberal dose on both the wood and backing I gently place the backing on the wood and gently moved it into perfect alignment to make sure it would roll instead of getting hung in the small slots in which it would ride.

I capped the unit with another 2x6 and clamped it to the work bench. Sunday morning I released the clamp and found everything perfect except that some of the glue weeping between the slats. I took a terry cloth and rubbed the glue thinking that it wouldn't bond to the super fine finish.

That's where the pooch got screwed. The glue removed the finish. Most of the wood is installed in the car and now I have to sand it all, go through the process of masking all that perfect SEM paint work and brush a coat of varnish on it.

TL;DR that's me on the right:

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love reading your posts case I don't know what TF you

Sep 10, 2018, 10:45 AM

are talking about but it usually involves the interior woodgrain of a BMW, some sort of trim piece that doesn't QUITE fit perfectly, and glue. I admire your attention to detail and perseverance, and I also question your sanity.

I'm certified insane.

Sep 10, 2018, 5:09 PM

That's why a confirmed alcoholic shows up here on a daily basis and keeps torturing himself with snob beer pron.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lemme make you feel better.

Sep 10, 2018, 10:49 AM [ in reply to It was a horrible experience. ]

I picked up a 1994 Land Rover Discovery on Friday for son of's first car.

I don't think I need to tell you just how much father son time we will get getting bonding over an engine bay for the next few years.

I'm a masochist I think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did they pay YOU to take it?***

Sep 10, 2018, 10:58 AM

Does anybody even bother making parts for those?

Sep 10, 2018, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Lemme make you feel better. ]

I'm honestly shocked there is one that old still on the road. I kind of figured the vast majority of them just went to the scrap yard after 5 or 6 years.

you wouldn't believe the aftermarket support for them.

Sep 10, 2018, 11:03 AM
money pit.JPG(154.5 K)

I'm sort of shocked, and the parts prices are quite good. Here she is....it's pretty sweet overall. Nice Old Man Emu lift, ARB bumper, warn winch, sliders, and hella lights all around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If anyone doubted that obed is white af, it should be gone

Sep 10, 2018, 11:06 AM

There, literally, are laws written that only wheite men can own Landrovers

you often make good points....

Sep 10, 2018, 11:09 AM

that wasn't one of them.

"hey bruh, ya got a dog stuck in yo grill"***

Sep 10, 2018, 11:40 AM

as any wannabe white obed, he has white wife and land rover

Sep 10, 2018, 11:21 AM [ in reply to If anyone doubted that obed is white af, it should be gone ]

a mcmansion and a kid named Joshua

Looks good, at the very least you can probably get

Sep 10, 2018, 11:11 AM [ in reply to you wouldn't believe the aftermarket support for them. ]

what you paid for out of the ARB bumpers. Why no Land Cruiser?

I was gonna go that way, but I have a soft spot for any old

Sep 10, 2018, 11:21 AM

Land Rover. Usually owning one for a short while cures it, but it always comes back.

I really want my son to learn how to perform repairs on his cars, and he's showed little interest in learning so far, so I figure this will give him no choice.

Also, to your point........

Sep 10, 2018, 11:24 AM

It has an easy 3-4k of nice expedition-quality parts on it.

I could easily just sell those for what I paid for it.

Hotdang, I love it.

Sep 10, 2018, 5:19 PM [ in reply to you wouldn't believe the aftermarket support for them. ]

That's the ugliest color ever put on anything. I'd drive it anywhere and swear I ain't gay.

Yep.

Sep 10, 2018, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Lemme make you feel better. ]

I could have sold you my 89 Mighty Max for a grand. You'd be driving it down to Pepboys for tires after you and the kid put shocks on it.

Then you could spend your time and money on painting the dammed thing. It has 300K and doesn't burn a drop of oil but it could use a valve cover gasket. I bought it cheap because the PO had a 'mechanic,' from the neighborhood tune it up for him.

The guy put the distributor cap on backward but he had the wires in the right locations. Evidently, when he couldn't get it to run right he adjusted the timing which cause it to wind up real quick but had no top end power. I think he twisted some screws on the carb too. That's another critter right there. When I determine that everything else is right on the engine I'll set the carb up like it should be. The last thing you want to do is start twisting screws on the carb trying to solve a problem.

Somebody ran it into a tree or something which bent the front bumper and removed the grille. I've had a grille for two years but I don't give a chit about how it looks. I bought it to drive while I destroyed two running Mercedes.

I'm a fukup looking for a place to happen.

Re: 10/10.....Tigers Won......'Nuff Said

Sep 10, 2018, 10:55 AM

But if I were to say anything I would say that the weekend sucked because of 24/7 rain which kept us house bound.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

purty #### good, beer, bike, ball and booty!

Sep 10, 2018, 11:22 AM

took sav82wife to disney world for the weekend to ease her pain of me getting another motorcycle. watched the end of the coot beatdown and the tiger's win at the espn lounge (nice place, even though it is espn) at disney springs. thank gosh our hotel was right across the street, i had way too many wings and beer to drive anywhere.

strangest thing was we walked in with a couple minutes left in the 3rd quarter of the coot beatdown and some coot fans were walking out. i ask them if they were leaving could we have their table, one of them gave me the #1 salute. there were quite a few tiger fans there, btw.

Tiring and expensive

Sep 11, 2018, 8:19 AM

Friday morning, got a 37 lb blue off Cooper River and 7 other blues.
Saturday, Sunday, Monday morning - Covered over 200 miles of SC rivers (Combahee and Ashepoo) searching for a gator. Never saw anything over 8 ft. Did not get gator.

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic