Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What makes Clemson such a great FB game experience?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,001

What makes Clemson such a great FB game experience?

Nov 30, 2012, 2:28 PM

I attended Clemson, but my dad attended Purdue, so I grew up a huge Boilermaker fan. Purdue is trying to figure out how to improve their game day experience. I suggested fielding a better football team, but it's more than that. I have several ideas, but what do you think makes the Clemson game day experience so awesome, and do you think it would translate to another school, like Purdue?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What makes Clemson such a great FB game experience?

Nov 30, 2012, 2:30 PM

great weather and scenery for tailgaiting...

O.K. that certainly doesn't translate to Purdue***

Nov 30, 2012, 2:33 PM

Our traditions, gameday atmosphere (meaning attendance

Nov 30, 2012, 2:41 PM

opponents, and winning), tailgating environment. I'd be willing to bet that several thousand people come on gamedays just to tailgate.

Also it might have to do with a high number of people in close proximity to Clemson are fans/alumni.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

There are several reasons...

Nov 30, 2012, 2:49 PM

To name a few of the big ones:

1. A lot of Clemson fans & alumni live relatively close. The trip, while not often fun, can be done in 5 hours or less for most of our fanbase... Stretching from Charlotte to Atlanta and to Charleston.

2. The landscape lends itself to great tailgating. There is plenty of room, yet everything is close. You have fields & lots adjacent to the stadium, a downtown within walking distance, plenty of parking, and the stadium in the middle of it all.

3. It's cultural. Tailgating is certainly taken more seriously by Southerners. I've been to about 30 Div I-A stadiums and nobody tailgates like the South.

4. It's tradition. You can't just decide one day that you want to be a football school with great tailgating. It takes time for it to get bigger & better. Clemson has tailgating down to a science at this point.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well first off its purdont hahah

Nov 30, 2012, 3:02 PM

second its the south we eat sleep and breathe this #### third i hate USC fourth i hate the ole ball coach

Wisconsin, Notre Dame, O.S.U., Michigan are all good venues

Nov 30, 2012, 3:05 PM

I undertand the South is football, ball it does translate to the Big? as well.

i would say each of those if a football first school.

Nov 30, 2012, 3:08 PM

do you think purdue is football first?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, obviously not, but football could be on level pegging

Nov 30, 2012, 3:10 PM

Like it is at O.S.U., Michigan, and Wisconsin. When Purdue was rolling in the 90's and early 2000's attendance was way up. Obviously putting a better product on the field is crucial, but other than that, what would you look for in a good game day atmosphere that a school like Purdue could control?

kid friendly, depending on parking, make sure access in and

Nov 30, 2012, 3:15 PM

out of the stadium is made with ease.

gameday events that give people a reason to come, even if they aren't football first.

build the bridge between the team, the school, its students, faculty and fans. the more familiar you are with these your men, the more you're likely to want to support them and not disappoint them with your absence.

in indiana, call yourself notre dame.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

these young****

Nov 30, 2012, 3:16 PM

basketball is king in indiana. if you like football you

Nov 30, 2012, 2:50 PM

probably grew up a notre dame, indy, bear, lions, bengal and on and on and on fan before. so very many pro and other major choices in that area.

was at the purdue-nw game in evanston in 2008. i had a great time. really good people, but a huge difference in feel.

me and purdue pete thru back a few coca-colas.

i think it will take a huge commitment, like a unc to take purdue football over the top. i don't know how long it would take to change the culture.

Get Oregon-esque cheerleaders. No more cornfed heffers.***

Nov 30, 2012, 3:08 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People , it is all about other folks

Nov 30, 2012, 3:11 PM

The bigger family. The Clemson Family. Walk around and make friends . It is that simple .

Re: What makes Clemson such a great FB game experience?

Nov 30, 2012, 4:37 PM

It's all about the sundresses and cowboy boots!!!!!!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,001
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic