Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,539

SEC

May 17, 2012, 10:49 AM

Why do we spend our time hoping to join a conference that is not even close to be a geographic fit. All the Clemson fans have a desire to find that next level of football and like it or not, the only place to find that is in the SEC. The member schools have real football programs and are in good geographic locations to Clemson. I know it would certainly be of more interest to Clemson fans to play Georgia,UT,Florida,Alabama,etc.
than to be matched up with a bunch of Midwest teams. If those in control want to get that next level then someone better start a campaign to get into the SEC. Anything else would be settling for second best. Clemson has the fan support of the SEC teams and only stands to gain more from the great matchups that the SEC would offer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we will NEVER be in the SEC

May 17, 2012, 10:52 AM

get over it... :(

Re: SEC

May 17, 2012, 10:54 AM

I think what will happen is a lateral move first to the Big XII, followed by a second round of consolidation--with the SEC to form a super-conference. Logical and entirely possible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

May 17, 2012, 11:01 AM

Big XII schools are pledging their television rights to the conference for 13 years. I don't see how you'd move to another conference after signing that.

May 17, 2012, 11:02 AM

If ESPN sees that it's in their interest to do so, it will happen. Who do you think drives the bus?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

You forget that CBS (SEC) and Fox(B12) have a big say so

May 17, 2012, 11:20 AM

as to what happens in each conference. Different sources of income mean different opinions and outcomes. At best, there might be some sort of alliance where teams schedule their out of conference opponents with the other conference. But 16 teams in a conference is, at most, the max for a manageable conference. And even 16 is stetching it. Also, if the conference revenues are not close, that's another reason that such an idea is unlikely.

The ONLY way that's going to happen....

May 17, 2012, 11:01 AM

is if the $EC invites Clemson and FSU in an attempt to keep the Big XII out of the southeast and even then, the Big XII would likely still make a run at Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

If something makes a coot proud, I want no part of it.

May 17, 2012, 11:33 AM

Screw the SEC. I just want a good football team.

May 17, 2012, 11:37 AM

Last year we were moving to the sec and this year we are moving to the big 12. Where we going next year?

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,539
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic