Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Spring Forecast: 'WRU' looks to next man up in playmaker roles
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,656

TNET: Spring Forecast: 'WRU' looks to next man up in playmaker roles

Feb 19, 2021, 8:01 AM

Spring Forecast: 'WRU' looks to next man up in playmaker roles

Two key starters move on and a number of talented prospects to look to fill the void starting in spring ball. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have had a Sammy, a Nuk, a Mikey, a Renfrow, and

Feb 19, 2021, 8:23 AM

a Duane Allen. Could you imagine if this crop of receivers turns into even half of that? The bar has been set incredibly high for incoming receivers at Clemson. It is time for the next great one (or more) to step forward and be identified.

I always liked this quote from the USGA President at the time, when the press and everyone else was clamoring that they set up golf courses too difficult for the United States Open.

"We are not out to embarrass the best players in the world, but to identify them."

Here's hoping Spring Practice gets us well on the road to identifying the next great receivers at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cornell Powell graded 10+ points higher than every other WR

Feb 19, 2021, 8:57 AM

besides Amari. That's a big woof on what we're returning. This is a position group to watch, mark my words. Every starting spot is up for grabs. Should make for some great camp competition!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Spring Forecast: 'WRU' looks to next man up in playmaker roles

Feb 19, 2021, 9:10 AM

Man these articles get my expectations up TOO high ??

I read these articles and it seems like we should be rolling 600-700+ yards regularly NCAA Football console game style ??

We are truly a spoiled bunch - gotta enjoy these times as much as we can ??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we have 2 (5 STAR) WR's on this squad that have got to

Feb 19, 2021, 11:34 AM

produce this year. No excuses. We have gotten little no production out of Ngata or Ladsen and its mystifying. They've been here for two years and i'm not certain they even have more game experience than true freshman EJ Williams. I'd say he's the starter over those two. WE all know what Ross is and we know that skies the limit with Williams but...ladsen and ngata have been stuck in a hole since they got here. These 4 should all be NFL players. We have a great QB again, hopefully he can get some consistent production out of #2 and #10. But not having those two contribute last year really stunted our team and an argument could be made that it was the reason we didn't win it all and maybe why Trevor didn't win the Heisman. Trevor had a defecit in WR help last year. HAd he had Ross, Ngata, Ladsen all playing at their potential he would have been unstoppable. Injuries are apart of it I know but we just had bad luck last year with the injury bug. Hopefully they will finally produce.

Re: we have 2 (5 STAR) WR's on this squad that have got to

Feb 19, 2021, 12:18 PM

Agree Ladson, Ngata haven't produced, but you can add Spector to that list, too. Ladson and Ngata were bit by the injury bug, too. This group definitely would have benefited from a spring/summer practice that was COVID-19 impacted. Gotta think that factors into their growth and development. Expectations are high for 2021, as they should be. If Ngata and Ladson don't create some excitement this year, it might be curtains for an NFL career unless they pull a Cornell Powell.

Feb 19, 2021, 1:10 PM

I agree with all comments here about somebody needing to step up. Ajou Ajou is somebody that I think was underrated, but he needs to step up in the spring.
TE is awesome, though. Galloway and Allen need to see the ball more this season, IMHO.

I am so excited to watch the spring game. Surely, they won't cancel the spring this year like last. That was the most boring spring of my life.

Feb 19, 2021, 2:45 PM

Ajou Ajou has as much potential as anyone I have ever seen don the Paw...BUT I truly see him not fully blooming until his last year or so. Remember he is still new to Football and catching passes is still something he is working on. I think he could be a true star one day, but will need to get a lot of reps, good practice and grind. If Ladson, Ngata and Ross are back on track hes not bumping them out of more than breather reps. And even then William's is likely the first one depending on who fills what spots. Maybe it is me but I see him being a monster at the boundary one day, the question is, with Collins Towers next up, will there be a spot for him? This kid would have been a sophomore starter back in the pre-Nuk days, but now? We are indeed too deep!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So much talent and potentially so much unfulfilled talent

Feb 19, 2021, 4:36 PM

The young receivers who do not excel on and off the field in 2021 will have to wait on the bench, keep working hard, and wait for 2022. Or they can transfer. But they will be limited in opportunities. At this competitive position, it's who wants it, who has the best hands, who runs the best routes, who works hardest, whop build a rapport with DJ, and who leads by example. It's man vs. man, and Tiger brother vs. brother. I am pulling for all of them to be healthy and at their best. Grisham has a lot of talent to work with ...

As for TE position, it's unexplainable that Davis is not already playing with the number ones. He catches, he's consistent, and he BLOCKS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,656
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic