Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
we can give up that National Championship dream now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

we can give up that National Championship dream now

Sep 16, 2013, 10:23 AM

ESPN has made their decision......

http://espn.go.com/ncf/notebook/_/page/gamedayFinal0915/week-3

Please, BCS, give us the dream finale
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com

Before the second quarter of Oregon's 59-14 thrashing of Tennessee could even end, Twitter was abuzz with reports that Ducks fans were already chanting "We want Bama!" inside Autzen Stadium. By the fourth quarter, those chants must have been deafening as news of Alabama's shootout with Texas A&M seeped into Eugene.

If the football gods are on our side, we'll finally get our Alabama-Oregon national championship. And if Saturday is any indicator, it could be quite the send-off for the BCS in Pasadena, Calif.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better become a Stanford/LSU fan***

Sep 16, 2013, 10:26 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: we can give up that National Championship dream now

Sep 16, 2013, 10:30 AM

Well Oregon plays at Stanford on a Thurs night, so that will be interesting. Stanford has been they're Achilles heel as of late. All we can do is take care of ourselves one game at a time and let the pieces fall as they may. Can't control any games but the ones we play.

Sep 16, 2013, 1:24 PM

Stanford might know about their weak points but all they will see that night is their back side and heels going the other way. ducks will win in a blow out. tweet that.

You better hope one of them loses.

Sep 16, 2013, 10:32 AM

I don't think that's just ESPN. I believe most fans of teams other than Clemson, would love to see an undefeated Alabama-Oregon championship game. It would be incredible.

If we run the table, it will be difficult to hold Clemson

Sep 16, 2013, 10:35 AM

out of the BCS title game. Assuming FSU and Scar play like they should rest of the season they would both likely be Top 10/15 teams when we play them. If we beat both of them, that would give us 3 wins over Top 10/15 teams. That doesn't even count a possible "quality" victory over GT depending on how they do and the winner of the Coastal in ACC-CG (hopefully it won't be an 8-4 team).

If the above played out, only an undefeated SEC team would be ranked higher than us I believe. I think Clemson would have a stronger resume than Ohio St or Oregon in this scenario.

Right now the Pac-12 looks very strong.

Sep 16, 2013, 10:38 AM

Oregon's schedule may be the toughest of the three (among them, Clemson, and Bama).

Well we have 11 more games to play before we're in the

Sep 16, 2013, 10:36 AM

running for this discussion, including against a potential top ten FSU, top ten South Carolina, top ten Miami and ranked Georgia Tech. Heck we even have to play a Thursday night game on the road first.

I guess what I'm saying is that this just isn't something I see the need to get too upset about at this stage.

null

Huh?

Sep 16, 2013, 12:17 PM

How's that again? We've got more games against higher ranked opponents...

Yaaaawwwwwnnnnnn....

Sep 16, 2013, 1:34 PM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2013, 1:58 PM

We need to beat every opponent by 2-4 TDs like NCST, Wake, Syracuse, Virginia, etc. and win against FSU and SC one way or another. Don't care if we only win by 1.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson vs Oregon much better!

Sep 16, 2013, 1:59 PM

Billed as BCS National Championship game at the speed of Light! Don't blink you might just miss the game!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic