Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: No Pressure: Austin Bryant ready to be next great defensive end
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,853

New Story: No Pressure: Austin Bryant ready to be next great defensive end

Jan 26, 2016, 7:49 AM

No Pressure: Austin Bryant ready to be next great defensive end

Austin Bryant understands that next season he will be replacing one of the nation’s best players in defensive end Shaq Lawson. However, he doesn't feel the pressure of being better than Lawson, he just has to be better than his opponent. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not worried about Austin at all...

Jan 26, 2016, 9:02 AM

It's next "beast" up and I don't think he will disappoint.

GO TIGERS!!!

Re: Not worried about Austin at all...

Jan 26, 2016, 10:21 AM

He showed us in the Orange Bowl that he can step in and perform!

Jan 26, 2016, 1:48 PM

Austin isn't my concern, but I'd feel a lot better if we had a veteran on the other side. Register and Yeargin might well be able to hold that side down, but things would be better if those guys were depth rather than the starters. We had veteran guys starting this year and they were capable of playing extended snaps with minimal rest. Keeping our starters fresh could be an issue. We'll also be just that much more susceptible to injury.

One wild card that might make things look a lot rosier is Rashan Gary's potential visit and commitment to the Tigers. He's big enough to play DT, but athletic enough to play DE. In fact, the staff is recruiting him as a bigger DE. Adding in another Christian Wilkins impact type player to the mix would be huge.

Jan 26, 2016, 8:53 PM

I disagree with you about us having two veterans starting at defensive end this year. Lawson had experience as a backup but had not been a starter very often. And Kevin Dodd was not a veteran nor a starter at all! In fact, he had very little playing experience. He was certainly not an experienced veteran. He played like one against Oklahoma & Alabama though!

I'm fine with what we have coming back and coming in next year!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2016, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Not worried about Austin at all... ]

Agree!!!!!!!!

Go Tigers!!!!

Re: New Story: No Pressure: Austin Bryant ready to be next great defensive end

Jan 26, 2016, 9:41 AM

Pretty smart kid that has been coached up pretty well. He has his focus on the right things, and that's to prepare smart, and nothing will be to big for him bc he will be ready to step up and take care of business!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we are becoming DE-U as well as WR-U***

Jan 26, 2016, 10:57 AM

Re: we are becoming DE-U as well as WR-U***

Jan 26, 2016, 1:55 PM

The last couple of years, it seems like we're graduating a top draft pick at DE every season, but we've got a strong history with DEs dating back before the WR-U days. Gains Adams '06, Ricky Sapp '09, Andre Branch, Kourtnei Brown, Malichai Goodman. Cory Crawford, Vic Beasley, Kevin Dodd, and Shaq Lawson.

Re: we are becoming DE-U as well as WR-U***

Jan 26, 2016, 9:06 PM

Yes...we have had some great DE's, but the level of productivity in the NFL at WR is not comparable. If you think about Watkins, Hopkins and Bryant, who are all tearing it up in the NFL (an all played together, which is absolutely ridiculous), our DE's have yet to achieve that level of worth at the next level. That being said, I do think that both Lawson and Dodd are going to produce nicely in the NFL.

Vic will be even more of a beast next year

Jan 28, 2016, 1:09 PM

He didn't do bad for a Rookie this year either.

Re: New Story: No Pressure: Austin Bryant ready to be next great defensive end

Jan 29, 2016, 2:47 PM

He stepped up to the plate when Lawson was injured during the Orange Bowl.... so proud of all the guys at Clemson who realize that the way they practice will help them if they are needed. He will be a leader this year. Go Tigers!!!!!!!

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,853
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic