Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone ever been to this restaurant in Greenville or Chas?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Anyone ever been to this restaurant in Greenville or Chas?

Nov 29, 2018, 8:35 AM

https://hallschophouse.com/

As a connoisseur of steakhouses I can say Columbia has none that are really nice. Ruth's Cris is the best we have. Is Halls Chophouse on the scale or a Morton's/Bones/New York Prime/Bern's/Peter Lugar's, etc?

Tia

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've not been, but it has that reputation.

Nov 29, 2018, 8:38 AM

I hear nothing but good about it.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After a $250-$300 night for 2

Nov 29, 2018, 8:43 AM

I walk away thinking no meal is worth that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously?

Nov 29, 2018, 8:50 AM

Can you not make ten times that in one night as a drug mule, or do you no longer have family in cartel sdown in Mexico?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been to Hall's in Charleston once and it was pretty

Nov 29, 2018, 8:45 AM

awesome. It was awesome even though I was working with a "restaurant week" menu.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's situational. It's almost always booked out, but

Nov 29, 2018, 8:48 AM

depending on the day you're there and where they seat you, I've seen it vary between "pretty good" and "damn great meal". First time I went with Dad, he said it was probably the best restaurant experience he'd had anywhere. We got a non-crowded table in one of the rooms upstairs, excellent service, food is always really good there (the pepperjack skillet corn is one of the best sides I've ever had in a steakhouse). I've also been once or twice where we were seated close to the bar, which is always bustling and loud, and it made the experience a lot less enjoyable, not being able to hear the people at the table with you.

They're small and family-owned, so they won't have the cookie cutter corporate consistency that Morton's and RC have. That's a plus or a minus depending on how you view it. I think they source their dry-aged beef from the same house in Chicago that some of those others source from, but I'm too lazy to look up the name right meow.

Luger's is a bucket list item for me, personally. A chain joint, steak or otherwise, won't ever be on that list. Also, the bar at Hall's on King is fuggin' COUGAR CENTRAL on weekends. They are dressed to the nines and prowling hard, son.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've only been there for drinks a few times, but I've heard

Nov 29, 2018, 8:53 AM

the food's really good....also really expensive.

And, considering my Bulleit Rye on the rocks was $19, I believe it

have you tried the Millpond in Rembert

Nov 29, 2018, 8:54 AM

it's pretty dang good.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: have you tried the Millpond in Rembert

Nov 29, 2018, 9:28 AM

Yep. MamaAdidas lives a few miles from there. Been there a few times. It's pretty solid.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Good food, Clemson family

Nov 29, 2018, 9:01 AM

Bread pudding is a must

It’s all pewp in 12 hours so live it up!!!

why yes, I allow vendors/salespeople to buy me steaks

Nov 29, 2018, 9:03 AM

there quite often.

We have had a few "limited menu" dinners there for retirements and sales meetings.

I find the dining area food is better than the limited menu private room. Probably because the private area food is prepared to all be serve at once so the steaks sit a bit longer under heat lamps.

Food is good by and large, I have no idea how much it costs because I AINT PAYING for it.

I would say food is on par with Mortons in Nashville. I like Gibsons in Chicago better, its A+ food and a lot more history and atmosphere.

Its not as good as my patio on my BGE.

Or even at my Camper on my Akorn.

Took the wife there for her birthday a couple years ago.

Nov 29, 2018, 9:33 AM

She got the Wagyu filet and lobster. I got the tomohawk. Really good bourbon selection. I can't speak highly enough about the food and drinks. And the personal loan we took out to pay for the meal is almost paid off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very good meal.

Nov 29, 2018, 10:07 AM

Only really worth it if you can take a client and charge it back to corporate card. I’m too UDP to drop $300 on a meal for 2.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, it's outstanding. As others have said, very pricey.

Nov 29, 2018, 10:51 AM

Never been to Luger's, but have done Keen's and Morton's and a couple other "famous steakhouses". Quite honestly, I'm just no good at comparing like that. They're just all outstanding... I'd have to have the plates side by side to compare, and that won't happen. You typically go months or years in between places like that unless you're rich as chit...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Going next week for company dinner***

Nov 29, 2018, 10:53 AM

was thinking about this some more... 2 of the best steaks

Nov 29, 2018, 6:40 AM

I've ever had was at Bob's Steak House in Dallas and Brennan's in New Orleans. Don't know why, but I always remember those when asked - what's the best steak you've ever had.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic