Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, i just read that College Football Final basically disrespected Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

So, i just read that College Football Final basically disrespected Clemson

Nov 4, 2018, 9:01 AM

by not showing anything about our huge win until about 30th minute into their program..didn't show our PAW logo, etc.

Just wait, that will change in the Natty game!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, i just read that College Football Final basically disrespected Clemson

Nov 4, 2018, 9:06 AM

Shocked to not see any highlights during the halftime show of the Bama game. Maybe I tuned out but they just showed our score and made a comment about the points while I was watching. That’s a shame. They can ignore all they want but we’re not going anywhere. We’re a force to be reckoned with and we will have a say in the national championship whether they like it or not.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 9:12 AM

I mentioned that last night during the halftime coverage. It was like Akron had beaten Arkansas State, not that the #2 team in the nation had just had a wonderful day. ESPN is like all other "news" in that they think their job is to mold the public's opinion, not to tell the truth. As posted earlier, there is a time coming that they will not be able to deny. By the way, LSU was never the #3 team, they were only ranked there so that ESPN could say how great Alabama was for beating them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Humanity

Nov 4, 2018, 9:17 AM

Basically, the entire CFB media world are conditioned to push the SEC (and to a lesser degree the BIG10) in lock-step, all the time.

'Bama is king. The best elements off every Alabama team is attributed to the latest version of whatever 'Bama team hits the field. Every team is the "best" version of 'Bama we have ever seen, periond, end of story. Rememeber the 2016 team (best DL EVER, best Defense EVER)? The 2018 team is similarly the best 'Bama team EVER.

All of this plays right into CLemson/Dabo's hands. Clemson will be disprespected right up to the NC game. Nobody will give anybody a chance to beat them, even Clemson.

Enjoy the ride...if/when we beat them it's gonna be sweet!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Humanity

Nov 4, 2018, 9:24 AM

And the idiots on Tnet that think that there is no conspiracy against Clemson, people you better get over yourself and take a look at what's going on! The ESPN machine runs straight up SEC all the time and if you don't see that , then you're blind. What really makes me upset is the Clemson people who sit back and think that it's not happening, what in the hell is wrong with you people?? But all in all I love the way ESPN is making us irrelevant and that will play right into Dabo hands..

ND Vs Clemson Orange Bowl

Nov 4, 2018, 9:31 AM

They will talk about that CFP matchup endlessly.

I hope that Lugubrious guy shows up to comment.

Dusty Dvorecek was drooling over how awesome ND is in the booth yesterday.

Please Please Please let us play ND in the 1st round.

Don’t we go to South Bend in 19’ as well?

I don’t know what is sweeter... beating Bama or beating ND?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ND Vs Clemson Orange Bowl

Nov 4, 2018, 10:50 AM

ND is 2020...

Re: ND Vs Clemson Orange Bowl

Nov 4, 2018, 6:15 PM [ in reply to ND Vs Clemson Orange Bowl ]

We would demolish ND.

They may as well just cancel the playoffs and schedule Clemson and 'Bama to play best 2 out of 3.

Nobody else has a chance.

wait, noon games are good bc our highlights get shown all day, right?

Nov 4, 2018, 9:25 AM

wait, noon games are good bc our highlights get shown all day, right?

Nov 4, 2018, 9:32 AM

I was going to make the same post. Clemson got nearly zero coverage and is getting no serious discussion about competing with Alabama.

Nov 4, 2018, 9:38 AM

Bama could sneeze and get a helmet sticker at the end. We score almost 80 and get no mention. Typical.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 6:24 PM

No helmet stickers for Clemson for many weeks. Amazing bias.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 9:53 AM

With the SEC network ESPN contract, they literally pay the SEC more than any other conference. It benefits them to have more SEC teams ranked and on TV. It is a self-fulfilling prophesy. It is only evident when teams finally have to play a more deserving team in a bowl game b/c they have been propped up by inflated rankings since the preseason.

That said, i only care how Clemson performs, and we're in a pretty good spot. Take car of the things we can control and we'll get our shot.

Yesterday I heard the R.O.Y. bus from Clemson cranking uP..

Nov 4, 2018, 10:00 AM

with all 77 cylinders roaring towards the Natty Bowl in Santa Barbara!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, one ESPN guy respected us...

Nov 4, 2018, 10:02 AM

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/gamedayfinal110318/gameday-final-bama-power-west-virginia-gamble-other-week-10-statements.

LOL - "At this rate, Dabo Swinney's wife and dog are going to get some red zone carries in garbage time."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Nov 4, 2018, 10:05 AM

It's called whistling past the graveyard. It goes against the narrative of an Invincible Bama so when Clemson spanks that Bama fanny they can all act so surprised.

Nov 4, 2018, 10:48 AM

Happy to stay in the shadows.... still gotta win each game, next up BC with game day, no hiding on that one.

How can they possibly see what

Nov 4, 2018, 10:56 AM

Clemson has done when they are too busy checking Nick Saban for polyps.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 6:24 PM

There's a more boring reason too: Our games simply aren't exciting.
AL v. LSU was a "Top 5" matchup. WV v. TX was Top 20, ditto MICH v. Penn St.
Us clobbering a 2-6 LOU team SHOULD make headlines, but truth be told it was expected and uneventful. The spread was nearly 40 and we blew past it. As much as ESPN sucks up to AL, even they didn't give top priority to the Tide when they were blowing out Ole Miss by 50 points.

You know the last game where we led the halftime and GameDay highlights? Syracuse. Because it was a near-upset and a nail-biter til the bitter end. I'm totally fine if our match with BC gets buried next week because the game was over by halftime....

Just beat Bama

Nov 4, 2018, 8:18 PM

Everything else takes care of itself … Clemson fans cannot blame the public's short attention span towards Clemson after Bama's beat-down of Tigers last year. The Clemson Offense was MIA. Clemson coaches had a month to prepare and scored 6 points. No TD's.

As Dabo stated after game: "Just incredibly disappointed in our performance. But congratulations to Alabama. They were the better team today. No doubt about it." If that's what Dabo thinks, what does the guy in Oregon and Wisconsin think?

This year I look for Bama to score a minimum 27-28 points on Tigers unless Tua is injured. IMHO Clemson will need a minimum of 30+ points which is achievable thanks to the TL impact on Clemson's versatility. TL will have to go after the weak link on Bama's D again, and again and again to give Clemson a shot. And release the ball quickly.

CW42 and BV will have the D ready to go, still a healthy Tua will be able to run through a very tired Defense by the 4th Qtr so the O will have to do their part all four quarters. Bama will not lay down as Tigers did in the 2nd half last year. They will play hard to the last second.

As for ESPN and natl sports media, absolutely they want the college teams with the largest population centers that bring the highest ratings. BUT ESPN, ABC and the rest will jump on board if and when Clemson is a fait accompli, if only to drive their ratings. It will be TL, CW42, CF99 and ETN all day and night. So just beat Bama! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just beat Bama

Nov 4, 2018, 9:31 PM

Just one gripe to addend to your otherwise sparkling, well-reasoned and balanced approach....

This time, if we are able to take down the Tide, i want Clemson to be acknowledged as "the defending national champs" for 8 months, not just one day.

Last time we won the natty everyone knew our great playmakers were leaving, so in the leadup to 'next year', there was never any discussion of the results of 'last year.' This time a great core will still be hanging around, so i want our 2018 championship to be part if the 2019 discussion, just like it is for Bama every stinking time they win.

Reminds me of how they always rank Bama #1 the year after

Nov 4, 2018, 9:57 PM

winning a NC. The reasoning was always that they should be #1 until someone beats them. Clemson didn't get that after 2016. Bama was #1 at the beginning of the 2017 season.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Well, I just read that lightbulbbill was spot on.

Nov 4, 2018, 9:40 PM

Just what I read.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic