Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
very disapointed in some of yall
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 696

very disapointed in some of yall

Sep 7, 2020, 10:59 PM

for all the nashing of teeth, and clutching of pearls. sucks to think that real Tiger fans would not go to DV or watch them play..... but since i'm a lemons=lemonade kinda guy

if your lil boycott goes into the 2021 season, there should be some good seats available. YAY

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Re: very disapointed in some of yall

Sep 7, 2020, 11:02 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Sep 7, 2020, 11:03 PM

I was thinking the same thing about mask nazis. The flu will always be around, so I can’t see why you would ever go to a college football game. Stay home, please..... forever.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2020, 5:22 AM

How dare they want to live and not get sick.

Sep 7, 2020, 11:13 PM

Sep 7, 2020, 11:18 PM

perhaps you are not aware, but there have been some that have vowed (just from TL16''s tweet) along with the possibility that there will be more stuff that they are done. I don't expect you to know what everyone says. If you (T3) aint done yet, then its not directed at you...when/if you are then it will be

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Sep 7, 2020, 11:21 PM

It's quite sad indeed.

Sep 7, 2020, 11:25 PM

It's amazing that someone who calls himself a Clemson "fan" expects these young men to entertain him every Saturday, but when they dare to express themselves, that "fan" turns on them because, what, someone doesn't think exactly like he does? That he can't listen to them, consider their viewpoints, and decide to respectfully disagree instead of turning on them and their university (although I doubt it's their university).

I bet those same people had political and social opinions and viewpoints they expressed to others when they were 18-22 years old. It's incredible that years later, these children (which is what you are when you behave this way, regardless of your age) are somehow flabbergasted when other 18-22 year olds express their own views.

And I'm sure the irony is lost on them when they demand black athletes on their favorite college team keep quiet and just entertain them every Saturday.

We are experiencing glory days unlike any we have ever had at Clemson. We have the best coach we've ever had. If someone doesn't like the viewpoints some of the players and our coach have, and that's too much for them to remain a fan because of it, then they weren't ever really a part of the Clemson family to begin with.

Good riddance to them. Columbia needs more fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Yeah you’ve said that on several posts now

Sep 7, 2020, 11:38 PM

Yeah, and I'm going to keep saying it.

Sep 7, 2020, 11:54 PM

Because there have been some pretty embarrassing posts on here lately, and you're no stranger to that (the one where you call the father of a fallen soldier a piece of #### defines your character and nothing else you ever post will erase that).

I've clearly stated the difference between peaceful protesters and rioters. You simply fabricate a lie to create a straw man to derail conversations.'

Let's rip apart the rest of your absurd post:

Also on the face of it, it seems kinda ridiculous to be lecturing the same people (most of whom are extremely white) who are paying for your full ride through college, all of your facilities and the coaches’ salaries.

Oh, I see. The old "I pay your way so S T F U" argument. And are you insinuating that since those donors are extremely white, that's even more of a reason for them to keep quiet.

The problem is you and others like you think when someone speaks out against racial inequality, that it's somehow an attack on you. Equal rights isn't pie. There's enough to go around. No one on Clemson's team is lecturing you or attacking you as a person--but if you feel that way, then maybe the problem really rests with you.

Clemson fans are not racist.

I have met plenty who are and we even have a nice collection of them on this very board. Every Southern university has racists among their fan base. Every one.

Not just on the field but in real life too such as Tony Elliott, DW4, Nuk, John Simpson and more. This is a family that doesn’t need a lecture because society tells them it’s the fashionable thing to do these days. I realize there will be pressure on them as a top program to do something.

Do I need to remind you how you trashed Watson and Hopkins for speaking their minds as well? Again, no one is "lecturing this family." No one is pressuring them to do ####. They're young men with their own minds and are using their platform to speak out for those who they feel can't. You had opinions when you were 18-22, right? Did someone pressure you to have them? Didn't think so.

I stand with our players because I respect their right to their opinions. If Trevor Lawrence came out in MAGA gear before every game (and I know he had a blast at the White House after the 2018 natty), I'd support him just the same. Because that's what adults do. We disagree but we don't turn on our Clemson family.

In any case, I am keeping an open mind.

I doubt it. You trash anyone who dares to speak out about racial injustice, and you already call the grieving fathers of dead American soldiers "pieces of ####" when they criticize your Dear Orange Leader.

You did get one thing right in your post. This is a family. But you ain't really a part of it.

Now go ahead. Challenge me to a fight or threaten to block me or go complain to the mods. Lawd knows this post is going to make you go typical T3 baby rage.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: Yeah, and I'm going to keep saying it.

Sep 8, 2020, 12:07 AM

Sep 8, 2020, 12:17 AM

You're getting me 100 percent sober tonight. And justifiably ripped for your silliness.

Please, IPTAY donors don't cut their checks because they're sitting around thinking, "Man, I'm helping out some black kids." They're doing it because they want better seats, better parking, and they want a better football team. They're hoping their money creates that. A racist is just as eager to cut that check as a person who isn't racist because they want the same thing: Win baby win.

Yeah, our fanbase on the whole loves our players. But we're also seeing many fans who don't love them so much once they speak their minds about social injustices. I've watched Clemson fans turn on Nuk for his comments, and we've got a few crying like babies because of our current players speaking out.

And while I certainly believe those fans are a minority sampling of our entire fanbase, they're still there. We've seen plenty of these idiots emerge the last few days.

You have no idea what I've given to Clemson, buddy, and cutting a check to send your daughter there doesn't give you any kind of clout in this discussion whatsoever. Because that money doesn't mean jack #### if the support isn't there, and that means support of our players when they speak their minds, even if you disagree.

Sep 8, 2020, 12:27 AM

Sep 8, 2020, 8:02 AM

Literally nobody is going to change their mind because somebody wears something painted on their face or has some article of clothing.

You know, you're right. But maybe there are some young people out there just waking up to all that's going on in the world, and maybe they look up to guys like Trevor Lawrence. Maybe his words will help influence them and bring change.

They are the true target audience. Not the angry old people who refuse to change.

Re: It's quite sad indeed.

Sep 7, 2020, 11:45 PM [ in reply to It's quite sad indeed. ]

Yea, let players speak their minds. Like Drew Brees did.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, he did.

Sep 7, 2020, 11:55 PM

I guess you're going to argue that somehow he wasn't allowed to speak his mind.

on this board or the mange?

Sep 7, 2020, 11:35 PM

Granted I have been on here much...but it doesn't take long to find the morons on the mange.

If they boycott, bye - they weren't real Tiger fan in the first place. The line is long to get on this wagon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it started there...

Sep 7, 2020, 11:57 PM

And migrated here. Clemson Mountaineers/olemike is one of the ones who did it here.

As you said, bye. Any Clemson "fan" who wants to bail on this team because of politics--especially during this historic run--is a true imbecile.

the irony is rich...

Sep 8, 2020, 12:01 AM

victimized by a bunch of 18-22 yo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean, could be good timing for them.

Sep 8, 2020, 12:02 AM

I hear the Coot merchandise at Wal-Mart is real cheap right now.

Re: on this board or the mange?

Sep 8, 2020, 12:08 AM [ in reply to on this board or the mange? ]

Kids will be Kids and life will happen. Your priorities change as the years go by.

have no clue what you're talking about but good for you?***

Sep 8, 2020, 7:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 696
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic