Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jul 20, 2020, 7:43 AM

Friday night, spent a fortune at the CostCo. Got ready for the trip.

Saturday, lots of lollygagging but got to the beach around 7.

Sunday lots of lollygagging but got on the beach about 11. Stayed until 4 or so. At dinner at some Crab House or something in Tybee. I think I saw the comet.

Monday, just trying to make a living watching everybody else having fun.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hotter than Hades, but otherwise very good.

Jul 20, 2020, 7:54 AM

In what has become a COVID Life pattern:

Friday - home from a late day at work. Popped a Dilly Dilly. Had dinner. Finished watching the OG STar Wars with the youngest two kids, then began watching Lady Bird with the missus. Was passed out before 10:00.

Satdee - off early for a haircut, then karate (weapons - bo and nunchaku), shower, a little afternoon delight with the missus, lunch, some work, then APM grilled up some swordfish, which he described Satdee on here, then APM watched some UFC, the missus and APM finished Lady Bird, more UFC.

Sunday - some work in da early mawn, then F1, then online church, then some futbol, then a nap. A lot of nothing bc it was so hot out (99), then dinner and APM watched Ip Man 4. HIGHLY wreck or mended. APM knows he is maybe the only Bruce Lee geek up in here, but if you like Bruce Lee and know his relationship to Ip Man and know the history of Bruce Lee's early days in the USA, you will LOVE this flick. So good.

9/10. Just too dang hot and COVIDy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, it started Tuesday after court in Rock Hill

Jul 20, 2020, 8:02 AM

Drove back to casa Tiggity, packed, and headed to the beach to join the family.

Wednesday we fished in the AM, went back and cooked breakfast, then went to the beach. Returned and cooked supper then sleep. Next day was fishing in the AM, breakfast, then we swam in the marsh, which was interesting. We learned you could go out at low tide and walk across to a large sand bar. There were no oysters or pluff mud at all in the inlet. Sandy bottom. Who knew. Anyway, walk about a half mile down the sand bar in the marsh then swam some more. Then as the tide came in we floated in the current back to the dock. Got out, ate lunch, then beach and riding waves until supper. Rinse, repeat.

Came back Saturday and washed 8 loads of laundry through Sunday. Watched church, corrected some reports for work and caught up on some stuff, but overall lazy Sunday.

Overall 8.9/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

East Coast Party don't ever End.....

Jul 20, 2020, 8:04 AM

Friday carried scrappy John Deere back to Blanchard. Deere suxor. This mower is a money pit. Grandson came over and helped me push it up on trailer. Granny and me had chicken alfredo with penne and asparagus.

Saturday lots of westerns and Roseanne. Granny had bad case of diarrhea. Got meds for her. She got her birth certificate and we found out she has been misspelling her first name since forever. I ate shrimp and Public tater salad. Watched Lon Chaney in original Wolfman on Swengolie.

Sunday ended TigerNet boycott. Granny and I had 39th wedding anniversary. Did not go to Red Lobster. Will go after Covid. Made shrimp and grits. Watched A TV and fell asleep.

Had better weekends. Had worse weekends.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pandemically acceptable.

Jul 20, 2020, 8:08 AM

Friday, swimming, beers, threw various proteins on the grill for the family by the pool at RH Mom's.

Saturday, pretty lazy day avoiding chores, MODERATE volume acoustic jam session, first time playing the new bass with others, and first time through the big amp. We were kind of sloppy trying to work up a few new tunes, but had a blast nonetheless.

Sunday, slept way too late, walked the trails along the river in the blazing heat, went back to the pool and swam until thunder and lighting ran us out of the water, then back home to make hot Italian sub sandwiches and watch westerns until time for bed.

Not the most exciting weekend I've ever had, but maybe one of the most exciting in the month of July.

18.48/19 Covids.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Long and warm

Jul 20, 2020, 8:12 AM

Tues - Took FAM to airplane park
Wed - Took FAM to Jocassee
Fri - Took FAM to Jones Gap state park
Sat - fished Jocassee
Sun - church on youtubes, dinner and pool at mom's

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hot boring basically another DW-SOS

Jul 20, 2020, 8:13 AM

Different Weekend - Same Old Schyatt.

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jul 20, 2020, 8:21 AM

s
h
i
t
t
y

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great, if for no other reason in that it was the 1st wknd in

Jul 20, 2020, 8:24 AM

months that I didn't work....had friday off, on top of that.

it's making 'going' back to work this morning really ###### tho

Twas Blue

Jul 20, 2020, 8:27 AM

Spurs take 3 from lcfc, thanks Jose. 3pts puts cfc in Ucl.

Cfc 3, mufc 1. On to the FA Cup final!

Wish Pulisic would have gotten some PT.***

Jul 20, 2020, 9:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After about 40 minutes I started to say the same thing

Jul 20, 2020, 10:02 AM

but the goals right before and after the half turned the game, so in hindsight good he got rest. I think he had a little knock but could have been available.

Dislike CFC's new kits. But, hope they win the FA Cup.

Jul 20, 2020, 10:07 AM

And Pulisic scores all the gols!

As long as Barkley was not in the line up

Jul 20, 2020, 10:20 AM

I am good with it. James is a beast, love him at right back.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CONFESSION TIME:

Jul 20, 2020, 10:33 AM

Not a fan of Jorginho.

A lot of putting things back.

Jul 20, 2020, 8:45 AM

Spent most of the weekend getting the house recombobulated after having the painters here.

That said, things turned out pretty well.

Before:

After:

Now that I have that done, I've got a backsplash to install, and crown molding to hang, and then I expect I'll be done for a couple months.

Other than that, I'm starting to look into getting 8-10 acres of wooded land and building a barndominium that I could finance by making live edge/river tables from slabs of the trees on the land. The biggest problem I have for now is that my own garage isn't big enough to handle all the wood storage I'd need for such an exterprise.

I love me some Tybee

Jul 20, 2020, 9:20 AM

unfortunately was not there this weekend.

Friday: not much

Saturday: watched Serie A, FA Cup, smoke a pork loin and two bacon-wrapped turkey breasts, grilled veggies and make a caprese salad for supper, was mfin delicious.

Sunday: slept in, wartched some F1, more FA Cup (#UpTheChels) took the two kids with permits driving. Warmed up leftovers.

This will be the last quiet weekend for a month or so.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you know who WAS there this past weekend?

Jul 20, 2020, 10:22 AM

I mean, I don't...I'm just asking if you do.

Jul 20, 2020, 9:23 AM

Lazy and mellow. A lot of AC time in Wilmington.

Re: Sore

Jul 20, 2020, 9:25 AM

drove Friday night to Greenwood. Left early Saturday to get back and rent U Haul. Emptied storage building all day Saturday and Sunday to move all my shiz into the new house. Very hot!

Slept on the mattress in the floor last night.

Home stretch now, but long way to go getting unpacked and assembled again.

Is it beer thirty yet?

Jul 20, 2020, 9:31 AM

Zero Booze makes it 2/10

Not so fast my friend!

Friday - 7 mile run. Lunch with wife out in town. Preschool celebration for my 5 year old who is headed to Kindergarten. Pizza dinner at my house for 3 families that our kids have been together since birth.

Saturday - lots of pool time and then my son and I took the boat out for a sunset cruise and he rode the tube a little. Burgers and onion rings for dinner.

Sunday - 5 mile run before rain and then rainy lazy day. Lots of Disney movies with daughter. Home Depot and new ceiling fan install. New dining room dimmer switch install. Lots of projects complete. Great bbq chicken on grill.

Overall, even with no booze or pubs = 9.7/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty, pretty good

Jul 20, 2020, 9:31 AM

BORING but in a good way. Ran some errands, cooled off in the AC, watered plants, cooled off in the AC, fried chickum for dinner, cooled off in the AC, cut grass, cooled off in the AC, ad infinitum.

Throw in some beers here and there and you've got the whole picture.

Good! Found out I didn’t catch karona 2 weeks ago

Jul 20, 2020, 9:37 AM

Now that the waiting period is over. Helped maw in-law move some furniture around. Yesterday applied for a company transfer back to the DC area. Dats about it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only accomplished small projects, so it wasn't

Jul 20, 2020, 9:45 AM

very productive, but it was decently relaxing.

Managed to install an occupancy sensor in the garage because the old light switch burned out. Took way too long finding the right breaker in my panel, which is very neatly labeled, BUT ENTIRELY INCORRECT. Wound up turning off nearly every single breaker until I found it.

Cleaned out two gutters that were having issues and they flow well now.

And that was it.

The rest was watching golf, watching Harley Quinn, watching a couple movies, playing with Shuri, having sex, eating foods, and relaxing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

very busy and relaxing at the same time.

Jul 20, 2020, 10:01 AM

Friday: Vacation. Finished up Deer Jerky. Picked up friend of MfOjr. for a play day with swimming and back home for fun. Took friend home, talked with parents then home for father and son time.

Saturday: Went to look at a tractor, bought tractor. Home to mow grass, played with son, mopped floors then went swimming before dinner, reading and bed.

Sunday: Washed, dried and ironed clothes, ate with mom and jr., took MfOjr. back to mom's for a couple of days, went swimming to relax, drank some beer, watched race, put clothes away, grilled steak and potato, finished watching Knight and Day with Cruise and Cameron. Decent movie. Read and then bed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

found a house

Jul 20, 2020, 10:02 AM

been in TN all weekend looking at houses. found one we liked and made an offer. spent most of the weekend riding around town and getting a feel for the place.

now the awesomeness of packing up #### to get ready to move.

Greater Nashville right?

Jul 20, 2020, 10:04 AM

What side of town you headed to?

Used to live there, so I'm pretty much the expert on that area for the Jounge. Don't let obed tell you different, I've been mentoring him for years.

yeah man

Jul 20, 2020, 10:07 AM

we'll be up in sumner county on one of the peninsulas. any joungers in the area hit me up and we can find a time to grab some beers.

I know no-one in the area. Met some folks at restaurants we went to and all...most folks seem pretty laid back.

Per previous threads, a boat is in scope...timeline TBD

inlaws live on the other side of Nashville, in Franklin

Jul 20, 2020, 10:14 AM

we're (usually) out that way 1-2 times a year...hoo knows, now, with all this mess

samesies! in-laws are in Franklin as well***

Jul 20, 2020, 11:17 AM

are you my brother in law's wife??***

Jul 20, 2020, 11:24 AM

You'll like it there. I think Obed would be on the

Jul 20, 2020, 10:15 AM [ in reply to yeah man ]

other side of town. I wasn't too far from there, in Wilson but near Sumner.

I think we should mention him so we can have

Jul 20, 2020, 10:22 AM

a Nashville expert-off.

Obed®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been to Nashville numerous times.

Jul 20, 2020, 10:27 AM

I SHOULD BE INCLUDED FOR MATTERS OF NASHVILLE EXPERTISE BECAUSE OF THAT VERY FACT.

I once spent an entire weekend where I was in Tootsie's

Jul 20, 2020, 10:27 AM

for 90% of my waking time.

SHHHH. Leave him alone. I'm pretty sure he is

Jul 20, 2020, 10:35 AM [ in reply to I think we should mention him so we can have ]

researching Allen Allenspach for his next WATN.

Haybo....sent you a t-mell.***

Jul 20, 2020, 7:04 PM [ in reply to yeah man ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Added lubrication of garage doors to completed task list

Jul 20, 2020, 10:30 AM

of random home repair activities done during pandemic. Much quieter now.

Golf, grilling and a few beers to recognize heroic effort of above task _ which was nothing more than a ladder and a can of spray lubricant. Tried to convince spouse that recognition activities were justified but skepticism remains.

Re: Added lubrication of garage doors to completed task list

Jul 20, 2020, 10:33 AM

Don't ever let them see behind the curtain.

Let's talk about lubrication of garage doors

Jul 20, 2020, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Added lubrication of garage doors to completed task list ]

What kind of lubricant, and where do you put it?

White (no rassiss) lithium grease

Jul 20, 2020, 10:43 AM

all rollers, tracks, springs and hinges.

Lowes automotive section Spray garage door lubricant _

Jul 20, 2020, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Let's talk about lubrication of garage doors ]

apply to all door hinges, rollers, cables and spring. Lubricant seems similar to WD40 but probably has a few different additives for retention on surfaces. I also use a 3 in 1 dry lubricant for chain and sprocket. Non-lubricated components can cause additional resistance and vibration - requires more force from opener. Moisture, corrosion and grit can also decrease life of components.

Any heavy oils or greases can retain sand or grit.

From good to #### it to suckage.

Jul 20, 2020, 12:58 PM

Friday: Did some fishing. Didn't catch anything that mattered. All good, actually catching isn't the important part.

Saturday: Took care of the lawn duties.

Sunday: Had the girls and GKids over. It was drinks and a "If you want it, you better claim it now." party. Maria and I are down sizing next spring. Too much house for two old people :)

Monday: Had the vet send our cat to the big litter box in the sky. He was 19 years old and it was time. Maria and I have been married 39 years. A little over half our time together has had him in it. I buried him, shed a couple of tears and the broke something. It's time for a beer.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T's and P's for you guys. Losing a pet can be horrible

Jul 20, 2020, 1:31 PM

been there too many times.

Have another drink.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks padre

Jul 20, 2020, 2:26 PM

Saturday was a classic. I finished the lawn and came inside. Turned on the shower, got a towel and clothes. I came back to the shower and he was laying in it. He looked up at me with big green eyes that used to be surrounded by a black face and said "WhatDaFuck dude, I was napping?" It's strange how an animal can break your heart. I did love this one though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mountains, trails, rocks, New River.

Jul 20, 2020, 10:41 PM

will do again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic