Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
updates on covid vaccines
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 360

updates on covid vaccines

Jun 16, 2020, 2:18 AM

phase III trials in July, phase III is final testing phase on a large number of people. Hopefully one of the early vaccines work. Maybe a vaccine this year?

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200610/covid-19-latest-updates

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

whats weird is I still dont know anyone whos had it much

Jun 16, 2020, 5:15 AM

less hospitalized by it. And I only know 1 friend of a friend who's had it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too, I personally don’t know anyone

Jun 16, 2020, 6:23 AM

Who’s gotten it nor do I know anyone who know’s anyone who’s gotten it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: whats weird is I still dont know anyone whos had it much

Jun 16, 2020, 6:31 AM [ in reply to whats weird is I still dont know anyone whos had it much ]

I am not sure if I have had it or if anyone I know has had it, but if we did, it was nothing. It definitely wasn't worth shutting down the country. Wear masks and wash hands often and keep everything open.

not weird at all. My county is about 3 per 1000 people

Jun 16, 2020, 6:33 AM [ in reply to whats weird is I still dont know anyone whos had it much ]

have been infected. Charlotte is running about 6 per 1000 and durham is about 8 per thousand.

Your personal chances of getting infected over the last few months is low. Even NY is at only 21 per 1000 or about 1 out of every 50 people. 1 out of 50 is very low. Then deaths in NY is only 1 out of every 13 that got infected end up dying.

Be careful and lower your own risk by following safe habits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not weird at all. My county is about 3 per 1000 people

Jun 16, 2020, 7:46 AM

Those are very surprising numbers I would have assumed they’d be much higher with all the hype. I have no idea what they are in the Anderson/Greenville area, I blocked all coronavirus news feeds from my phone mid March, but I don’t think it’s very high because not many people here talk about it anymore.

Number of new cases in Greenville were

Jun 16, 2020, 9:08 AM

lapping the other counties last week. I still don't know anybody who is confirmed to have had it, but no folks who do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: whats weird is I still dont know anyone whos had it much

Jun 16, 2020, 10:16 AM [ in reply to whats weird is I still dont know anyone whos had it much ]

know at least 10 who had it and 2 were hospitalized

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

I know 3 people that have had it. I know OF 3 others

Jun 16, 2020, 10:27 AM [ in reply to whats weird is I still dont know anyone whos had it much ]

2 of which died.

I know 2 guys that had back in April. They live in the Philly area. They didn't have to be hospitalized. The one is an older, at risk black man (family member) that was also not hospitalized, but was very sick for 3+ weeks. He lives in Charlotte.

There was dude from work that had it and was hospitalized and put on oxygen, never a vent. I think he's okay now.

The two that died were church members of my mom (she was exposed early on, but didn't get it/suffer from symptoms).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Re: updates on covid vaccines

Jun 16, 2020, 6:30 AM

There is absolutely no way I’m taking that vaccine. Vaccine manufacturers have absolute immunity from any liability, if they kill 10, 000 people the company can not be sued.

Jun 16, 2020, 6:33 AM

I don't think I will take it at this age either. If I were older I might. I will let them work out the kinks for a few years.

Jun 16, 2020, 7:00 AM

If it’s anything like the flu vaccine the formulation changes every year based on the strain of flu that hits the southern hemisphere first, and the flu shot is only 18% effective.

Where did you find 18%?...

Jun 16, 2020, 8:40 AM

usually around 45% effective

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right now there's only one strain, so it wouldn't be like

Jun 16, 2020, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: updates on covid vaccines ]

the flu.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Be prepared to be publicly shamed.

Jun 16, 2020, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: updates on covid vaccines ]

I never understood the anti anti vaccine people. Everyone who takes the vaccine are fine. Why are you trying to force something on people that don't want it. It won't affect you or your family cause your took it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You realize that the anti-vaxxers and your coined

Jun 16, 2020, 8:57 AM

anti-anti-vaxxers aren't arguing about the flu vaccine, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Untrue. As more of these ####### don't just get their shots

Jun 16, 2020, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Be prepared to be publicly shamed. ]

and go on, then more of them will get some sickness and make insurance rates go up. I am really rather fearful of what will happen to next year's rates already.

But also, aks Krzy said, it ain't the flu those folks carry on about.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not my family, but others who truly cannot take the vaccines

Jun 16, 2020, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Be prepared to be publicly shamed. ]

for medical reasons. They are the ones who will be at risk. And if you get enough people not taking vaccines, they will be exposed to what could be a deadly disease for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 360
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic