Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why do some many on this board buy into the narrative
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,302

Why do some many on this board buy into the narrative

Oct 25, 2019, 3:49 PM

That U5Cjr is better than BC, NCSTATE, and Wake Forest, and is our toughest remaining game? The gamecocks are averaging 28 points a game and that’s including the 72 against CSU, if you factor that game out their ppg drops to 20 and they’re giving up 25ppg. They’re only a 4 point favorite against an awful 2 win Tennessee team, do you really think they’d be a huge favorite at NCState? Do you think they would be a big favorite over BC @ the trash dump? I honestly don’t think they could go 3-0 against BC, Wake, and State. When a team is giving up more points than they’re scoring, that team is going to struggle to win on the road.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can we have a list, please?**********

Oct 25, 2019, 3:50 PM

TIA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

List of what?

Oct 25, 2019, 3:54 PM

And I thought I read on here that you were banned? I’m glad it was a false rumor.

did you mean to post this on FGF?***

Oct 25, 2019, 3:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Shouldn’t you be in the kitchen prepping for dinner? ??

Oct 25, 2019, 4:00 PM

??

no, your momma is cooking for...me ????????***

Oct 25, 2019, 7:11 PM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

If it makes you feel any better I will tell you what I’ve told everyone else.

Oct 25, 2019, 4:14 PM

Dabo and Co will have two weeks to prepare for the chickens and I also believe that we will be trying to make a statement to the committee against another SEC opponent. I have a feeling our players will be 100% dialed in and it’s going to be a bloodbath.

On a side note I feel about the same about SC as you do. They’re not a great team. Their last two games said more about their opponents than them. They’re not horrible but they’re not very good either. Up until last week they’ve been owned in all the important statistical categories (except turnovers) in their games against decent competition. It’s a fact conveniently overlooked by those who wish to pump them up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because there's so many TROLLS on this board!?***

Oct 25, 2019, 4:15 PM

I know, I know! It's because that's all we ever hear on

Oct 25, 2019, 5:13 PM

ESecPiN. Even a bad SEC team MUST be better than a good ACC team. It's the Company Line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

uof5c lost to UVa and UNC...

Oct 25, 2019, 5:16 PM

yet they still have a complete lack of self-awareness.

Their grandiose delusions and over-inflated opinion of themselves aside, with the possible exception of Georgia Tech, uof5c would struggle with most teams in the ACC and get their a$$es handed to them by a couple others.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

to the OP's credit - UofSC wlll be Clemson's toughest

Oct 25, 2019, 5:43 PM

remaining regular season game on Nov. 17th.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17th???

Oct 25, 2019, 8:42 PM

That one went so far over my head . . . Sorry I missed it . . .

In my old fat head, we play the coots on Nov 30th . . . at least that's when I'm heading to cootlumbia to watch our Tigers play at the "roach".

Re: Why do some many on this board buy into the narrative

Oct 25, 2019, 6:17 PM

rhettm said:

That U5Cjr is better than BC, NCSTATE, and Wake Forest, and is our toughest remaining game? The gamecocks are averaging 28 points a game and that’s including the 72 against CSU, if you factor that game out their ppg drops to 20 and they’re giving up 25ppg. They’re only a 4 point favorite against an awful 2 win Tennessee team, do you really think they’d be a huge favorite at NCState? Do you think they would be a big favorite over BC @ the trash dump? I honestly don’t think they could go 3-0 against BC, Wake, and State. When a team is giving up more points than they’re scoring, that team is going to struggle to win on the road.

I agree Rhettm! Too many people have bought into the: "top to bottom awesomeness of the sec; which is false"! Again - look at bowl season most years - average at best. Sure they will have a year or two just like the ACC when they are dominant. In 2016 the ACC was 9-3 and won the bowl challenge! Plus a National Championship! Oh HillRock they play ranked teams week after week - yeah, that's b/c they over-rank them. Then they play each other - lose or win and don't really move down if they lose(remain ranked) or sky rocket w/win. The same team that remains ranked gets beat a week or two later by another SEC team and it's the same story!

SC is good. Kinlaw is good. The one 6'4 DB is good. But, top to bottom, not overly worried except for the aspect of: "they won't have anything to lose"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They would be around a 10 point favorite on a neutral field against BC

Oct 25, 2019, 6:39 PM

or State and probably 6ish against Wake.

That's not opinion, just approx what the line would be.

Not my opinion I mean***

Oct 25, 2019, 6:40 PM

Re: They would be around a 10 point favorite on a neutral field against BC

Oct 25, 2019, 6:49 PM [ in reply to They would be around a 10 point favorite on a neutral field against BC ]

I think they would lose to Wake.

Oct 25, 2019, 7:17 PM

Honestly, I don't get it either. The mighty SUC has me questioning it's strength. Alabama has shown in every game so far that they can't stop anyone. LSU the same thing. Georgia... Lol!!! Florida, got some help to beat the Lamecocks. I think we are a little weaker than the SUC from top to bottom, but in no way are we terrible. Most of the conference is pretty even. Clemson just stands apart from the rest.
We'll see how the season plays out. That's why you play the games.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Oct 25, 2019, 7:20 PM

And yes... I think Wake would beat moUSC.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Have you noticed the average IQ on the main boards?

Oct 25, 2019, 7:24 PM

Therein lies your answer

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

People are dumb***

Oct 25, 2019, 7:24 PM

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,302
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic