Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
unrealistic expectations for offense in 2019
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

unrealistic expectations for offense in 2019

Apr 14, 2019, 10:32 PM

seems to mirror the crazy hype from 2016 dw4/mikewill/artavis/leggett squad when the offense underperformed out the gate vs Troy and Auburn.

just to keep it in perspective, there was still a lotta punting vs duke and pitt.

in other words, dont be like philly fans.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In all fairness, the Troy game was a #### show

Apr 15, 2019, 5:43 AM

But had Ray Ray not dropped that ball on his punt return a foot from the end zone, I think we’d have made it a no contest in the 2nd half

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: unrealistic expectations for offense in 2019

Apr 15, 2019, 7:32 AM

Troy, under Neal Brown was an absolute wrecking ball of a team.

Remember when they took Nebraska's cash and their dignity, they also knocked off a Ranked LSU squad.

Apr 15, 2019, 8:03 AM

85+ points, 700 yards passing, 300 yards rushing every week. These are unrealistic expectations. If our line can block as expected we will score lots of points this year.

Apr 15, 2019, 8:10 AM

With the talent we have on offense at the skill positions plus one of our best offensive lines in many years. I'm leaning toward the positive pole and have realistic expectations for success on that side of the ball. Defense? The potential is there but we have some huge shoes to fill. Being somewhat of an optimist, I believe we will see steady improvement as the season goes on. Seldom do I attempt to predict our final record, preferring to hope we always win the next game.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2019, 8:39 AM

I want to know if this offense can WIN us a game, particularly in a DW4 natty style game. ETN and co helped do this against Cuse but also had a D to assist.

In the last 4 years of our CFP and before, the defense could lock-down and stonewall an opponent in times of need. With an experienced but slightly unknown-gel of a defense, I am curious if this offense do this. A "oh, we need 7 points, ok that is easy" Watson-drive like if it was butter.

Each offensive possession, I expect 125 yards per drive, 100 in the air and 100 on the ground each. TL should be 11 of 10, with at least 2 TD scampers by ETN, Ross only gets circus catches, and a continuation of the Renfrow reception streak.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic