Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Former Clemson WR waived by the Rams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,320

FB Update: Former Clemson WR waived by the Rams

Sep 5, 2015, 8:22 PM

Former Clemson WR waived by the Rams

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now That Truly Sucks On So Many Levels ----

Sep 5, 2015, 8:38 PM

No matter who is President.... you pay your dues to and for this country and this is just one of the thanks you get??

Wow!

That made absolutely no sense whatsoever***

Sep 5, 2015, 9:18 PM

Re: FB Update: Former Clemson WR waived by the Rams

Sep 5, 2015, 9:22 PM

I feel for the guy, but the NFL is the NFL. 5'8 180 with average at best speed for the league. Best of luck to DRod in his future endeavors.

Sep 6, 2015, 2:57 AM

I like Daniel as much as anyone. But go back and look at the numbers from Clemson's Pro Day. I think he ran a 4.86/40. Half the kickers in the NFL cold match. I'm not taking away anything from his accomplishments, but, I could not see him making a 53 man roster. MAYBE on a scout team. I'm not putting him down, he's made it a lot further than I ever have.

I can sympathize with what he endured, losing brothers on the battlefield. I watched the transport of the fallen, from his unit, when their transport cases were loaded on the bird. I lost a buddy the day prior. I know what its like and I'm glad that he did not become one of the Vets that choose to end their own lives, every 22 minutes in this country. My Guard unit alone had 1 murder, 7 suicides, and several felony assault w/ malicious intent with in the first 18 month after we got back. One of my former soldiers, ended his life last week. Glad that Daniel didn't take this route.

I'm glad he got the opportunity to go through the preseason in the NFL. How many of us would kill for that chance. He's got a true, once in a lifetime memory.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2015, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Former Clemson WR waived by the Rams ]

willing to say..

this was ALL part of just wanting to be part of the STORY LINE.

True....

Sep 6, 2015, 9:45 AM

If he would have made the team and played in a regular season NFL game, the movie down the road would have been easier to make or get made I bet. Either way, he has come a long way and should be proud.

I was hoping he would make it!

Sep 6, 2015, 12:17 AM

He's the only Clemson player I know that got a Purple Heart before coming to play football in Clemson.

It's telling how great our Clemson WR's are in the NFL.

Daniel, your a forever Tiger and we will be cheering you on brother.

Thank you again for your service!

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Sep 6, 2015, 5:54 AM

Rodriguez is a bad, bad man. I have a feeling he will use this experience and take the lessons he has learned with him to whatever venture he chooses to pursue next. Always a Tiger, and one of the great ones. Certainly one of the most unique.

Sep 6, 2015, 9:12 AM

Must be some politics going on in the Rams organization.

unfortunately, I do suspect that politics were being played by the Rams

Sep 6, 2015, 10:04 AM

But my suspicion is that their politics was all about using DRod for publicity AND being in the story that goes to the big screen. The Rams already have Tavon Austin, Stedman Bailey, and Tre Mason on the roster carrying over from 2014 as 1st - 3rd round draft picks, so it wasn't even a dream that DRod would supplant any of those three as KOR or PR.

But we can look at it either of two ways; the Rams truly gave him as much time and opportunity they could afford to allow him the chance to earn a spot on the final roster, or they definitely took on the mantra "ALL publicity is good publicity", even if it means using a TRUE American hero in a "Make-A-Wish" scenario as the carrot they dangle in front of the media's eyes (without telling DRod and the media that's all it was) ... and that is a shame and a disgrace if that was what it was all about...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought they would hang on to him....good publicity

Sep 6, 2015, 10:31 AM

Seriously. Glad they didn't exploit him like that

Good luck DRod

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,320
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic