Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
unbiased conference rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,981

unbiased conference rankings

Sep 23, 2018, 9:28 PM

From what I've seen so far.

1. SEC: I doubt anyone can question that the SEC this year has the strongest conference based on what we have seen so far this year.

2. Big 12: Oklahoma, TCU, West Virginia,among decent teams like Texas, Texas Tech tech, Okla state

3.Tied for 3rd: ACC, Big 10: Clemson and Ohio State pull the weight, similar depth after that: Penn St is way overrated,( defense blows, and average offense) Mich., Mich st, Wisconsin are average

4. Pac 12: They blow: Stanford being ranked in the top 10 is a joke. In my book they lost to Oregon last night. How does a play called a TD, go to instant replay and they guys in the booth change the call, when the runner is shown to not step out of bounds and crosses over on the inside of the pylon. Why do we have instant replay? I didn't have a dog in the race, but I was feeling bad for the Ducks on that.

No matter the conference, I think we can be the best team by the end of the season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry but the ACC and the Pac 12 are at the bottom***

Sep 23, 2018, 9:35 PM

Re: Sorry but the ACC and the Pac 12 are at the bottom***

Sep 23, 2018, 9:41 PM

So you're saying that the Big 10 is better than the ACC? I haven't seen it on the field. Just traditional name brand institutions that suck just bad as the ACC

Re: Sorry but the ACC and the Pac 12 are at the bottom***

Sep 23, 2018, 9:44 PM

Well the BC blowout loss to previously winless Purdue didn’t help ACC’s case much against B1G. I say we punish BC mercilessly for this transgression.

It's been shown on the field

Sep 23, 2018, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry but the ACC and the Pac 12 are at the bottom*** ]

Purdue beat BC
PSU beat Pitt

Duke beat NW

You can put Clemson and Ohio State in the same category and honestly after Clemson, the ACC is hot garbage. The Big 10 has Penn State and then that's followed by garbage and then more hot garbage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and Indiana beat Virginia***

Sep 23, 2018, 10:11 PM

Re: It's been shown on the field

Sep 23, 2018, 10:13 PM [ in reply to It's been shown on the field ]

WOW Penn st beat Pittsburgh. In a game that Pitt ran all over them, and made so may special team/other mistakes the the score didn't register the true nature of the game.

a 51-6 loss on your home field voids all excuses

Sep 24, 2018, 2:23 AM

Pitt had 20 more rushing plays and only outrushed them by 30 yards. That's not exactly "running over" anybody. Turnovers were 3-2, so that's not really a difference maker.

I'm trying really hard to follow your logic here. I can't do it. Special teams are 1 of 3 phases of a game, so if you suck at that, that's on you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pitt had a lot of rushing yards, but they only ran for 4.7

Sep 24, 2018, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Re: It's been shown on the field ]

YPC. That's OK, but it's far from elite (PSU averaged 6.4 YPC in the same game). On the other hand they couldn't throw the ball AT ALL. 9-18 for 55 yards and an INT. That's abysmal. Pitt's offense was essentially that of a service academy.

Sure the final score was more lopsided than the game itself, but PSU was still clearly the better team with the more talented players and talented players tend to do things like return punts for TDs.

Yes... and I'm not sure it's even close.

Sep 24, 2018, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry but the ACC and the Pac 12 are at the bottom*** ]

The ACC has all the same trash at the bottom that the Big Ten has but without as much cream at the top (aside from Clemson obviously).

Re: Yes... and I'm not sure it's even close.

Sep 24, 2018, 6:11 PM

"Conference mantra".

Certainly gives talk radio and sports TV something to talk about 24/7.

Other than that, not so much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,981
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic