Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Give some situations here where you are better off
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 472

Give some situations here where you are better off

Aug 27, 2020, 12:29 PM

resisting the police rather than cooperating fully.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Give some situations here where you are better off

Aug 27, 2020, 12:35 PM

1) I can't go to my daughter's birthday party if I am arrested driving under the influence passed out in a Wendy's drive thru if I don't resist arrest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

:ph34r***

Aug 27, 2020, 12:49 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

A big problem we have with policing philosophy in this

Aug 27, 2020, 12:37 PM

country is that police officers are infallible bastions of the law. Police routinely violate civil rights and step well outside of their legal authority, and statistically, it happens with higher frequency with POC. The advent of cell phone video has made them rethink some of what they do, but prior to that? And the solution is "don't question them, do exactly what they say, they're the law."

Let's be clear: there are some very good, even great police officers out there, who intend to actually serve and protect. There are also some absolute cowboy pieces of shit out there. The biggest problem in LE, in my opinion, isn't the cowboys. It's the supposed-to-be-good cops who don't say anything with they see other cops going way out of bounds.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

um....that is why we have lawyers.....to handle

Aug 27, 2020, 12:39 PM

disputes. You do know what a lawyer is, right? Like a Defense Attorney? Yeah, they would love nothing more than a settlement from a City/County. That is easy money.

Dont resist, be polite and then sue their pants off an retire.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I think I might be better off just getting arrested

Aug 27, 2020, 1:32 PM

and getting a lawyer, than trying to fight a cop and risk getting shot. I would call that common sense, but I guess I have white privilege and didn't grow up in that culture...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When they come to take muh guns.

Aug 27, 2020, 12:45 PM

Never forget Ruby Ridge and Waco and stuff and junk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't think of a reasonable one.***

Aug 27, 2020, 12:47 PM

when you are Gator McKluskey and you got 75 gals of hooch

Aug 27, 2020, 12:52 PM

in the trunk, but a 450HP engine under the hood, so you can outrun anybody in the closest 5 counties.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as our legal system remains intact, none.

Aug 27, 2020, 12:55 PM

I would agree with Murcie, that I would resist an unlawful order - however much fun he might want to poke at such a notion - but right now we have protections from that. So, as of now, there is no winnable reason to resist arrest.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good enough for Dukes of Hazzard county***

Aug 27, 2020, 5:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When cops try to shut down your party

Aug 27, 2020, 5:07 PM

Screw those pigs

None. If the officer pulls his pants down and bends over

Aug 27, 2020, 5:26 PM

I will also lick his ########. And thank him for it!

Replies: 12
| visibility 472
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic