Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is anyone else worried that CDS is depending too much
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Is anyone else worried that CDS is depending too much

Dec 4, 2017, 7:14 AM

on the man up stairs to win football Games? Certainly this seems to be working out great for as we are on the best 4 year run in Clemson Football history, but at some point the team and coaching staff are just going to have to put the work in if they expect this program to continue enjoying its current level of success in to the future.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Morning Balm

Dec 4, 2017, 7:17 AM

Nice to see you up and arond

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

He's referring to Tony Elliott in the booth, right?

Dec 4, 2017, 2:12 PM

and he's worried we'll lost him to UCF.

Understandable concern.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know this is a joke.

Dec 4, 2017, 7:25 AM

I'm laughing, ok. But before anyone gets the wrong idea I want to point out that Dabo is about like me when it comes to prayer. He's clearly a spiritually mature Christian and the biggest part of being mature is understanding the two functions of prayer. It serves to make us love those we pray for and puts us in alignment with God's will. 'Pray for your enemies...'

Otherwise, we'd call God a genie instead of Father. "Our Father...thy will be done...as it is in heaven."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know this is a joke.

Dec 4, 2017, 7:49 AM

Absolutely, Dabo is a man of love for others because he has Jesus in his heart and he is saved by His mercy and grace. He understands that nothing happens without being prepared and putting in hard work.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Ephesians 6...

Dec 4, 2017, 7:56 AM

5 Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;

7 With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:

8 Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.

9 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Message removed by author

Dec 4, 2017, 7:32 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is anyone else worried that CDS is depending too much

Dec 4, 2017, 7:32 AM

Nope. Not worried.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 8:10 AM

Maybe you need to ask,as you call him, the man upstairs. Personally I think he and Dabo are working great together.

Ugh, who let Balm out this early in the week***

Dec 4, 2017, 8:11 AM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Dec 4, 2017, 8:13 AM

You and the ones who tued you are petulant morons. Galations 6:7 Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How else would we win games??**********

Dec 4, 2017, 8:22 AM

If the LORD be fer ya, then who be agin ya?

Dec 4, 2017, 8:28 AM

Stay with what works.

Since Nick Satan is Jesus' Arch Enemy I Think CDS Will Get

Dec 4, 2017, 11:09 AM

Full support and attention from the heavens on Jan 1st. The world needs to be careful that day as all other prayers will go into the "on-hold" system. Might be a good day for fat boy Kim Jung Un to launch a nuke.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what you're saying is

Dec 4, 2017, 11:11 AM

Dabo needs to stop writing letters to Santa?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What...me worry?***

Dec 4, 2017, 11:14 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 12:35 PM

Yes. I'm not sure what Dabo thinks God is helping them with. If it's all scripted out, what's the point of the preparation and playing games.

Psychologically it's working for now, but he's winning because of his players. They perform well because of the coaching, their genetics and hard work. They deserve the credit first and foremost.

The God-first mentality works well for recruiting in the South because it makes mom and dad feel safe about where their kid is going to become a man. If he were in a more liberal, free-thinking area, it may not work as well.

Luckily most 17 year old kids have not decided to think for themselves yet and still go with their family's old school ideology of "religion rules all."

If there are any 5* players who are of another religion or are agnostic, I believe Clemson would have less of a chance to land them. Whereas, southern families with strong beliefs will love clemson.

Dec 4, 2017, 12:56 PM

I'm glad that he's the way he is though. And as for recruiting, who would you want your kid to play for? Dabo, a Christian and family man with values, or someone morally questionable like Petrino (he'd be leering at your teenage daughter on the recruiting visit) or Muscoot (who'd be sitting there about to blow a gasket at the drop of a hat)? Dabo's the man.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 12:46 PM

1. Even though I shouldn't be, I'm shocked some posters seem to be taking this as anything other than tongue in cheek.

2. When I first read this I thought, "Wait a minute, Dabo has some kind of 'man up' stairs?"

uh NO, Short form, He wants us to lean on Him for EVERYTHING!

Dec 4, 2017, 12:54 PM

That’s the relationship he wants with everyone.

Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But the Lord is delivering the enemies into our hand

Dec 4, 2017, 2:09 PM

and we smite them and make them our footstools. They wail and gnash their teeth, and the lamentations of their women can be heard from afar. Woe unto them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 2:16 PM

I am a devout Christian. I believe Dabo is sincere about his belief in Christ. I respect your right not to believe. Ok, set all that aside. Mothers of recruits, especially mothers of athletes from The Bible Belt, like Dabo's vocal endorsement of Christianity and its values. So even if you are not a Christian, recognize that Dabo's Christianity is a major part of the package to appeals to the decision influencers of many of the recruits we land.

Dec 4, 2017, 2:22 PM

Smdh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dangit balm!

Dec 4, 2017, 2:22 PM

Look what you have done.

The definition of awesome!

Nope

Dec 4, 2017, 3:01 PM

"Mi tío es enfermo, pero la carretera es verde!", a wise old Chilean saying that means, "My uncle is sick but the highway is green!"

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic