Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Disappointed in the number of SC fans in the stands
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Disappointed in the number of SC fans in the stands

Nov 26, 2012, 8:33 AM

I'm a season ticket holder in the south upper deck and have been for many years. We were surrounded by SC fans at the game Saturday night, including two young inebriated male SC fans (students, I assume) who eventually got their @$$ kicked for running their mouths (they were eventually taken away by the Easley PD). I have never witnessed a fight in the many years I've sat in this area.

I also noticed black patches throughout the stadium mixed in where normally there would be all orange. Before the game, I observed many Clemson fans selling their extra tickets to SC fans.

Is this the best we can do as Clemson fans? Isn't it a cardinal sin to sell your tickets to the opposition, especially your arch-rival?

Very disappointed to see this. I did not think the Clemson home-field advantage was nearly as advantageous and intimidating as it could have been. We can do better than this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Disappointed in the number of SC fans in the stands

Nov 26, 2012, 8:39 AM

Agree. Pathetic that we allow this to happen.....worse with Duke and UNC basketball tix.

I think a lot of people expected the outcome to be what it

Nov 26, 2012, 8:44 AM

was even though we were favored. Plus, we're used to nice fans and a "family atmosphere". Night games are rowdier. Not only is there a difference between the SEC and ACC on the field but in the stands as well. It is a cultural thing. We're now like Ga Tech and Vanderbilt when it comes to our rival. One win a decade, maybe.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think a lot of people expected the outcome to be what it

Nov 26, 2012, 1:35 PM

How hard is it to admit that your just a scum sucking c o c k lover? Once a decade? Clemson is 10-6 the last 16 years. Even with the 4 in a row. So just shut up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

two things to note:

Nov 26, 2012, 8:45 AM

1. many people (like me) do not have orange heavy winter coats to wear once every 4-6 years to a football game. Mine is brown, so I (and thousands of others) did not stand out as part of an orange crowd (I had an orange cap on though).

2. many people have Gamecock brothers, uncles, in-laws, cousins, and even wives/children that they GIVE their tickets to. Same goes for the game in Williams Brice. I know we had 8 or so Gamecocks tailgating with us, and we provide tickets for them when they play here, and they return the favor in Columbia. It has always been that way, and will always remain that way. Geez, I have dozens of friends who married into "opposite" families - maybe you should tear into them too.

You cannot castigate people for sharing the event with their own family. It's just a freaking game - some of you fail to comprehend that.

Re: two things to note:

Nov 26, 2012, 8:57 AM

Guess I'm old school. I wore about 50 layers, but I always manage to wear orange. Again, personally speaking from my experience, there were many SC fans sitting in the Clemson season ticket holder section. Embarrassing.

Re: two things to note:

Nov 26, 2012, 9:03 AM [ in reply to two things to note: ]

Well, I have been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and I am just thrilled that you want to turn the annual rivalry game into a family reunion. I should not however have to sit next to your gamecock loving relatives just because iptay put my seaseon tickets next to yours. I would suggest that you invest in a private box so that you can enjoy the game/reunion without totally pissing off everyone around you who pays their hard earned cash to watch the game and cheer for their tigers with fellow CLEMSON fans.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

arrogant, snobby, old farts

Nov 26, 2012, 7:54 PM

Honestly nobody would care even if you were a founding member of IPTAY or not. You pay for your seats, they pay for theirs and have every right to do what they want with them. Let me guess you're one of those fans that yells for everyone to sit down so you dont have to stand and be loud. My dad is a season ticket holder at SCAR and my Great Grandparents were members of IPTAY for well over 30 years until my granddad passed this year. You are the type of fan that gives us a bad name. You probably yell at Clemson fans for getting too loud like some older folks did to us at the Wake game. Of course theres gonna be more away team fans for this game than any other, were both South Carolina schools.

Re: arrogant, snobby, old farts

Nov 27, 2012, 9:32 AM

First of all, I am not old. I have been a season ticket holder since I was a kid. Second, I have great respect for those who are "founding members" of IPTAY and you should too. They are who made it possible for Clemson to have the awesome facilities that attract 4 and 5 star talent to our great university. Third, this is a rivalry, not a knitting circle. You are not supposed to bring the opposition into the stands to cheer for the team that is trying to kick your team's a@@. That just seems like common sense. It takes away our HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE! Even the gamecocks understand that, when we play in Columbia, the stadium is full of their people, not ours. As for telling people to sit down, I stand for most of the game and cheer for the Clemson Tigers. You don't know me, but I know you, you want everybody to hold hands and be friends all the time no matter what. Well, I think you are the kind of fan that gives us a bad name, life is not a beer commercial.

^^^Post of the Year^^^***

Nov 26, 2012, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: two things to note: ]

1. it IS Thanksgiving, a family-oriented weekend

Nov 26, 2012, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: two things to note: ]

and something most decent people do during the holidays. Sorry you either don't, or won't partake in this.

2. sounds like you may be the one needing the isolation box with your intolerance issues. My Gamecock friends/family sat with me and are good people. I have even taken their children out on the field after the game to mingle with the players, which they think is the coolest thing ever. Yeah, they cheer for their team like I suspect you do. But they don't act obnoxiously and don't bait other fans with their antics.

gamecock and family oriented don't go together…...

Nov 26, 2012, 10:28 PM

If you're looking for something family oriented you most definitely keep the gamecocks away.

Re: 1. it IS Thanksgiving, a family-oriented weekend

Nov 27, 2012, 9:35 AM [ in reply to 1. it IS Thanksgiving, a family-oriented weekend ]

Thanksgiving is on Thursday. I also celebrated Thanksgiving with friends and family who are both Clemson and SCar fans. On gameday, I brought my Clemson friends/family and left the rest at home because I am a CLEMSON fan.

I saw a lot of CU fans in dark colored heavy jackets and hat

Nov 26, 2012, 8:48 AM

nm

I was at the game and the fans with dark colored heavy….

Nov 26, 2012, 7:58 PM

jackets were coot fans.

Nov 26, 2012, 9:00 AM

I had fewer USC fans around me than I did last year, so that was nice. Still far too many of them though.

Two middle-aged #### fans who sat a few rows behind me in Section S were being particularly obnoxious and childish. I don't think they realized how loud they were being but they were screaming at the officials all game long. I thought at least one of them was going to stroke out he was so high-strung. They were also unleashing a torrent of curse words. Even the other #### fans around us were giving disapproving looks and shaking their heads. Honestly I think the 2 men, who had to be about 50, would have punched the first person who told them to be quiet--man, woman, or child. They were that high-strung. Fans like that just need to stay home, they ruin the experience for everyone.

Nov 26, 2012, 9:41 AM

Thank the sorry Clemson fans who feel like they just have to sell or give their ticket to a friend, or coworker or relative or to somebody that lets them have some of their tickets when the game is in cola. I had rather them stay home and watch their game at home and not have the trash next to me or any other Clemson fans, but if somebody insists on selling their ticket to a coot, they at least should have to sit by them to suffer with the rest of us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have not missed a Clemson-SCAR game in DV in over 30 years

Nov 26, 2012, 9:00 AM

I think there may have been 10-15% more than usual but not the most I have seen by any means. They seemed more confined to one area than in the past.

Will give the Athletic Dept credit for putting most of them them at the top of the North upper deck. I feel bad for any tiger fans up there but at least I didn't have to put up with many of them.

There was a ton of shamecock fans in the south lower deck***

Nov 26, 2012, 7:58 PM

Re: I have not missed a Clemson-SCAR game in DV in over 30 years

Nov 26, 2012, 8:27 PM [ in reply to I have not missed a Clemson-SCAR game in DV in over 30 years ]

They did a pretty good job with the student tickets too. Pretty much everyone besides students in the bigger blocks got hill or student section tickets.

Nov 26, 2012, 9:01 AM

We had a group of obnoxious female chickens behind us. They were not just loud fans, but were vulgar and disrespectful to the families around them. It's too bad they were not guys, or there would have been a fight in the lower deck north stands as well. Having been to nearly every home game since the late 70's, I can honestly say that the chickens bring the worst fan base to The Death Valley.

I sit on the end of an isle in the lower deck so I was close

Nov 26, 2012, 9:26 AM

to all that passed. One female said something vulgar to me (I was dressed in all my Clemson clothes!!) but since she was half my size, I let her go without incident. One carolina fella had something to say but being a dude, I let him know exactly how it was going to be that night and there were no more problems from him and his people (they were about six rows behind us).

IPTAY must have sold them tickets instead of giving them to

Nov 26, 2012, 9:05 AM

IPTAY must have sold them tickets instead of giving them to our students. I know hundreds of seniors and graduate students who did not get a ticket and at least a couple of thousand undergraduates who did not get tickets to the game.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IPTAY must have sold them tickets instead of giving them to

Nov 26, 2012, 9:48 AM

I think they provide a bunch of tickets to Stub Hub now. It is a terrible thing for us to do, if that's the case, but if you see the Stub Hub ad's during the game, I'd bet we have prostituted ourselves out, and the result is there are more trashy fans in the stadium each week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IPTAY must have sold them tickets instead of giving them to

Nov 26, 2012, 9:37 PM [ in reply to IPTAY must have sold them tickets instead of giving them to ]

Ah thats weird.. I went 30 minutes too late for student IPTAY distribution so I had to go back on Tuesday. Camped out all night for 2 tix, went back an hour later there was no line and I got another hill ticket. I was kinda mad lol but it was a pretty fun experience.

Nov 26, 2012, 9:10 AM

I suppose constantly losing to USC has a numbing affect. Every new tv cover personality raves about the atmosphere at CU, including Millen this year. At the end of the day, Dabo's getting paid to produce, and he hasn't produce one quality win this year. Not one. Other than FSU last year, I don't think there was one good win in 2011 either among several bad losses. We just lost to a team with a back up QB whose best player was out for the season. This isn't a fan problem. This is a program and HC problem.

You forgot the two VT games

Nov 26, 2012, 9:12 AM

Our team clearly gets worse over the course of the season (or other teams get better and we stay the same). To me, that's an S&C problem. Maybe it's not the only problem, but Joey Batson is the one shadow remaining from the dark days of the 90s.

Re: You forgot the two VT games

Nov 26, 2012, 12:44 PM

I didn't forget, I just think that one/two is up to debate. VT was good, but I think (IMO looking at the last two years) that the VT wins weren't very impressive.

uh, that has nothing do with how many coot fans were...

Nov 26, 2012, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Disappointed in the number of SC fans in the stands ]

at the game

I was more disappointed in

Nov 26, 2012, 9:10 AM

The percentage of SC fans in the stands late in the game. After they scored to go up 27-17, over half the people wearing orange made a dash for the exits. The only section that stayed somewhat full was the student section (Including the "frat" section that y'all love to talk trash about).

The players notice when everybody is leaving, they see when their fans have given up on them, I just hope it didn't have a negative effect on any of the big time recruits we had at the game.

probably left after we punted on 4th down. Dabo gave up.***

Nov 26, 2012, 9:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, the team quit at the beginning of the 2nd qtr….

Nov 26, 2012, 8:03 PM [ in reply to I was more disappointed in ]

you could see it in their faces. A scene Clemson fans have seen all too often ever since the Tommy Bowden era. The Clemson fans at the game gave their all, the coaches and players didn't.

Too many girls in black coats... I tried. But I witnessed it

Nov 26, 2012, 9:43 PM

I brought 4 extra orange coats to give to friends who didn't bother to think it through. But I didn't do enough. Guys and girls alike wearing black coats on the way in. Horrid.

Ramen noodles...

Nov 26, 2012, 10:19 PM

Selling your ticket to a coot is like selling your soul to the devil! I'm sure it's great money but I'd rather eat Ramen noodles for a month than give it up to one of them!

Re: Ramen noodles...

Nov 26, 2012, 11:06 PM

I know alot of USC fans who purchase Clemson season tix just for the USC Clemson game. Seems like a waste to me to buy 6 or 7 games that you will not use.

We had 12 tickets that I buy for my company's clients. I don't know for sure but I would bet that all 12 went to Carolina fans. I am not sure who got the tix or bother to ask who they root for.

I will tell you that IPTAY called me at least 3 times this summer asking me if I wanted extra season tix. In past years we ordered 20 tix but we had trouble giving them away last year so we cut our order back to 12. IPTAY called wanted to sell us more.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic