Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Sooners ready for another shot at Tigers but wary of Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: Sooners ready for another shot at Tigers but wary of Watson

Dec 10, 2015, 7:29 AM

Sooners ready for another shot at Tigers but wary of Watson

Clemson and Oklahoma met last year in the Russell Athletic Bowl, but when they tee it off on New Year’s Eve in the Orange Bowl the stakes will be much higher. A berth in the national championship will be on the line.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, if Stoudt can do what he did, think what Watson can do

Dec 10, 2015, 7:39 AM

Obviously, they are much improved, yet Tigers are too especially with DW4 at the helm. And I really like how Swinney prepares team for bowl games, but they do have one extra week and one less game, which I don't think is fair. GO TIGERS BLAST THE FAVORED OKIES AGAIN!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, if Stoudt can do what he did, think what Watson can do

Dec 10, 2015, 8:32 AM

Amen to that! I don't think the extra week will benefit them much as we have a lot of time before we kick it off.

GO TIGERS!!!

Dec 10, 2015, 8:34 AM

The benefit will be the extra time for treatment and healing. Some of their minor injuries will be history while some of ours may still be a factor.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Dec 10, 2015, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Well, if Stoudt can do what he did, think what Watson can do ]

DW will be too much for OU. I think our D will keep them at bay for the most part. I'm going with a 38-24 win.

Brent is going to turn the screws on Bob again.

Dec 10, 2015, 7:43 AM

Bob knows this. Baker mayfield doesn't. Poor kid.

Yes!***

Dec 10, 2015, 7:46 AM

Let's not be too cootish about this game. There are huge

Dec 10, 2015, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Brent is going to turn the screws on Bob again. ]

differences from last year. Riley has done a good job with that offense and Mayfield is a quality dual threat. They'll spread the field as much as we do, but Mayfield can take off and hurt you. Knight not so much.

One thing about Mayfield, however--he's not very quick to deliver the ball. He comes under a lot more pressure than DW4 because he's slower in his progressions. To his credit, he's very good at avoiding the rush and extending plays, but his OL is not elite and our DL is. It could be a long day for him IF we can contain him. That's a big if, though. He's elusive and tenacious. Doesn't slide often. He'll fake a slide, juke you and run for ten more yards before lowering the shoulder and getting a couple more.

He can throw it a pretty long way, but not with DW's accuracy. Mac is capable of taking Shepard out of his game. The rest of their WR corps is not too scary. They will get some guys open with play action. Our safties are going to want to cheat up a lot because of Perine. They're going to have to pay attention to receivers getting deep on those plays.

Our plan will be to run the ball, throw a lot of screens and use Leggett to move the chains. We'll want to play ball control to limit their offense's opportunities. If we can't impose our will at the LOS, this game will become a shoot out. We can play that game and win, but that won't be our plan.

I would take the under on this one. I think our OL can create enough room for the train to have a big game. We should dominate TOP. Their D will be gassed in the 4th qtr. It will be close until late when we pull away. Considering these two offenses, a score of 28-24 would be low-scoring. If our OL can't dominate, though, the shootout will ensue. They can strike fast and we have kept a lot of aces up our sleeves.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1...***

Dec 10, 2015, 8:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok had some weapons

Dec 10, 2015, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Let's not be too cootish about this game. There are huge ]

Shepard we all know about, but their TE/H-Back is a lot better than many realize. Baker Mayfield has some flaws in his mechanics, and plays a little risky imo, but so far it has worked out for them. I do not take them lightly aND I look for a good game.

Re: New Story: Sooners ready for another shot at Tigers but wary of Watson

Dec 10, 2015, 7:48 AM

so many changes with both teams in the short course of one season. Interesting game but it probably doesnt much about how this game will go. should be a good one thogh

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sooners ready for another shot at Tigers but wary of Watson

Dec 10, 2015, 7:58 AM

He speaks nice now. But we and the Tigers have heard way to much talk coming from them and their supporters. Don't back peddle now. Revenge won't matter much after kick off.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Stoops should clue the oklahomos in on the loss BV was to

Dec 10, 2015, 8:01 AM

that program. They actually believe he was "forced out." Their incorrect recollection is BV's defenses were not up to snuff to contend with Big12 offenses, so Stoops forced him out. He then landed at low-tier Clemson because the ACC can't play offense and he was "good enough" for the bush leagues. They call him Vulnerables and insist that he always leaves the middle undefended from 10-20 yards out. Of course, Stoops taught him everything he knows, so advantage OK. "Vulnerables" may know a little about their offense, but Stoops Almighty knows every thought in BV's head.

Some of these characters are every bit as delusional as the coots. Can't wait to go visit their board on Jan. 1 and console their lugubrious homers.

+1 for use of lugubrious***

Dec 10, 2015, 8:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stoops should clue the oklahomos in on the loss BV was to

Dec 10, 2015, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Stoops should clue the oklahomos in on the loss BV was to ]

While Stoops may know what's in BV's head, I'm confident BV knows what's inside his as well. Either way, the Tigers will be ready and I think this time the "Settlers" will be too. GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

Notre Dame, Part 2

Dec 10, 2015, 9:32 AM

This is really starting to feel like the Notre Dame game. Not based on what Stoops said, but in general. All the talking heads are talking up the Oklahoma players like every one of them is All American. And they almost all think Oklahoma is the much better team, and in spite of Clemson's showing this year, we just don't have enough. This is all music to my ears. I know Stoops is too smart to buy into this. But hopefully his players are watching ESPN and become convinced they are going to walk all over us.

Re: Notre Dame, Part 2

Dec 10, 2015, 12:21 PM

It's become funny how ESECPN and all the other talking heads consistently go against Clemson and are consistently wrong. Well, give them marks for consistency. If CU's defense is well rested by New Year's eve, the Tigers will win. I just don't think OU's offense can stay with Deshaun and company. I'm guessing 35-27, the men in orange.

Bless his heart

Dec 10, 2015, 9:32 AM

"little bit different"?? You have NO idea...

Dec 10, 2015, 9:33 AM

As he kicks himself in the ### for letting BV get away

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

two differences i see...

Dec 10, 2015, 11:19 AM

1- The obvious, DW4. Enough said.

2- Last year's Sooner team thought it was a slap in the face or disrespectful that they had to play us in that bowl game. Therefore, I don't believe they gave their best effort. I was in the Atlanta airport and two OU fans stood next to me in line (I had on a Clemson t-shirt and young female so of course they spoke to me). They basically had the same attitude, like "meh, it's just Clemson, we didn't care, blah blah blah." All I said was, "well, I'm happy we won. Perhaps next year you'll have a different situation." What a difference a year makes!

Anyway, if you're seeking "revenge" on something you didn't (seemingly) care about in the first place, how is that a revenge situation?

Call it what you want, Tigers on Top! 34-28

stoops needs a stoop to stand on to see the field***

Dec 10, 2015, 4:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2015, 12:34 AM

Throw the lack of credibility from the media out the window. We may lose on New Year's Eve, but I like our chances with a rested and focused team that I believe is on a mission!

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic