Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson-Carolina facts (2018 update)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Clemson-Carolina facts (2018 update)

Jan 14, 2018, 11:04 AM

Clemson has more 10-win seasons this decade (7) than South Carolina has in 124 years of football (4).

Clemson has won at least 12 games for 3-consecutive years (4 times overall). South Carolina has never won 12 games in a season.

Clemson has more National Championships than South Carolina has Conference Championships.

Clemson has won 4 major bowl games since 2013 (Orange twice, Fiesta, CFP Championship). South Carolina has never played in a major bowl game.

Clemson's 5th-year seniors won 8 postseason games in their careers (bowls, national championship games, conference championship games). South Carolina has 9 postseason wins in the history of their program.

Clemson has won 22 bowl games. South Carolina has only played in 22 bowl games.

Since 2011 Clemson has lost only 15 games. South Carolina has lost 26 since 2014.

It is 2018 and South Carolina has 42 wins in the rivalry. Clemson (69 wins) achieved its 42nd win in the rivalry in 1976.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson-Carolina facts (2018 update)

Jan 14, 2018, 11:07 AM

Yeah but . . . luckily for the chickens, this is all going to cycle around to them.

Jan 14, 2018, 11:12 AM

LOVE THIS POST, Coots still would argue with the facts of this post! This is their real season the offseason bc they can talk crap about how good they are going to be and what not, until the season starts and reality sets in ????. They actually think they own bama bc they beat them once in like 08, have heard many Coots seriously say that, and say bama won't schedule them bc of it haha. Silly Coots football is for men!

Re: Clemson-Carolina facts (2018 update)- but where SC plays

Jan 14, 2018, 11:13 AM

every failure and shortcoming "just means more"

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love what you're saying

Jan 14, 2018, 11:14 AM

Butt a New Years Day Bowl would have to be considered 'major'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: I love what you're saying

Jan 14, 2018, 11:18 AM

The Outback Bowl is not a major bowl game. The New Year's Six is Orange, Peach, Cotton, Sugar, Rose, and Fiesta. Minus the Peach, the other five were considered the "major" bowls for a long time, with the Cotton excluded during the BCS era (1998-2013). Clemson has won 7 major bowl games. For instance, we won the Hall of Fame Bowl on New Year's Day 1991, which is now the Outback Bowl, but it is not considered a major bowl win.

Jan 14, 2018, 2:24 PM [ in reply to I love what you're saying ]

All New Year’s Day bowls aren’t major. Last year the taxslayer bowl was on New Year’s Day. The Birmingham bowl was was a Jan 2 bowl a few years back.

Traditionally, the citrus, cotton, outback and gator bowls were all played on New Year’s Day. They are not major bowl games. Until the college football playoffs, major bowls were the Rose, sugar, fiesta, and orange bowls. Since the CFP, two more have become major New Years six bowls, the peach and cotton bowls. And those bowls aren’t necessary played on New Year’s Day. USuCk has never played in a major bowl.

Jan 15, 2018, 12:33 PM

Fiesta is a new bowl. The major bowls dating back to the early days are the Cotton, Rose, Orange and Sugar and that's it

Fiesta became big bowl and now the Peach is considered a big bowl. Including those two, they are now the new years six..

Good points! Most importantly to me, however, is the fact

Jan 14, 2018, 11:15 AM

that we have a mascot with a roar that invokes fear and trepidation among opponents; they have one that invokes nausea with dumpster loads of puking from that incessant (and I might add highly ridiculed) screeches of fowl foul being hacked mercilessly to pieces.

The turkey gobble runs a close second to the latter, although I'll admit to a certain fondness for good, ole Virginia Tech due to age-old family connections.

May the force of the Tigers be with my good friends!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TO be sirius for a second, about their mascot

Jan 15, 2018, 10:15 AM

As a native (though no longer resident) of South Carolina, it would have been a great history teaching opportunity had the powers-that-be back when it was decided gone with a patriot soldier on horseback as their mascot, instead of a chicken.

Using a chicken is a spit in the face of a great Patriot like Thomas Sumter, a.k.a. The "Carolina Gamecock"

Now that #### fighting is frowned upon (at least in Anglo circles) using a chicken as a mascot has lost any semblance of the fighting spirit it once had.

What a missed opportunity to remind and teach people, especially the youth of SC, of our history.

That being said, while at least a Tiger is a sensible mascot, had Clemson found a way to honor Pickens it would have been a great idea, too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2018, 11:18 AM

Let's be honest, the majority of us would be willing to trade all of that for a stadium at the fairgrounds.

and dumpster sex at the tailgate.***

Jan 14, 2018, 11:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re and dumpster sex at the pallet yard tailgate!!!

Jan 14, 2018, 2:09 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is why they chant ‘sec-sec-sec’...

Jan 14, 2018, 11:50 AM

.... if they don’t cling to that premise, the reality of their pitiful existence and history would be devastating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

true... All the conference pumpers ride the coat tails of 1

Jan 14, 2018, 1:19 PM

Or 2 teams within their conference. Elite team fan bases don't pump up their conference because they actually have a team that can win the natty. I'm sure that the majority of the conference pumpers are from the mid to lower level teams within their conferences. Case and point: USuC.

I also think it's funny that their fans are absolute in their certainty that Clemson is dirty/paying players. They say that it's the only way we could win a natty. Frankly, they are full of BS and they fail to see the irony. Might I mention their basketball program and the paying of players?? I wish I was making this up, but man this is delusion and lunacy at its finest.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post

Jan 15, 2018, 10:01 AM

There's just no arguing statements of fact.

Jan 15, 2018, 10:17 AM

The SC football program is validated, completely, in 3 straight wins over Georgia and the 5 in a row over Clemson. That's about all they got.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2018, 10:25 AM

To borrow a phrase, that will happen...Never Again!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They had that big hit that one time.***

Jan 15, 2018, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson-Carolina facts (2018 update) ]

Snowflake Basher........Out

Jan 15, 2018, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson-Carolina facts (2018 update) ]

They'll add beating Bama once...

but when it's all said and done and the full reality of that time frame is examined, look what else they did in that span:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/7863243/ncaa-cites-south-carolina-gamecocks-failure-monitor

inb4

Jan 15, 2018, 11:49 AM

"YEAH WELL IT WASN'T THAT LONG AGO THAT WE WERE BEATING YALL 5 IN A ROW, SO YALL TATERS BETTER ENJOY IT BECAUSE WE CYCLING BACK IN CUZ WE GOT COACH BOOM"

#NEVERAGAIN
#SPURSUP
#HIGHFIVE
#DABLOWISACLOWN
#CLEMSUX
#5THPLACERINGS

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic