Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hmmm, suddenly LSU not so great with Texas/Florida looking bad/average at best
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,362

Hmmm, suddenly LSU not so great with Texas/Florida looking bad/average at best

Oct 20, 2019, 12:45 AM

Kansas puts 48 on Texas LOL ??.
Florida with refs helping struggle to beat bad UofSC team.
LSWho is a good team no doubt, but this better wins talk is losing steam every week. Texas isn’t very good and Florida is decent on their best day.

Clemson is set to win another championship, and ESPN is crushed. Everyone concerned about Tigers and they beat decent Louisville team by 35... basically shut them down until late TD.

Go Tigers, just keep winning and let ESPN start the spin cycle. Tigers scare them, it makes me laugh to see them squirm ??????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok.***

Oct 20, 2019, 12:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hmmm, suddenly LSU not so great with Texas/Florida looking bad/average at best

Oct 20, 2019, 1:08 AM

AGREE. OUR D IS PLAYNG MORE CONSISTENT THAN LAST YEAR AND OFFENSE THE SKY IS THE LIMIT.

transitive property is a dangerous game to play in the world

Oct 20, 2019, 1:11 AM

of college football. You could go down several rabbit holes if you really wanted to. The important thing is just keep winning

Re: Hmmm, suddenly LSU not so great with Texas/Florida looking bad/average at best

Oct 20, 2019, 1:13 AM

Transitive property doesn't work

FSU is average at best

Oct 20, 2019, 1:23 AM

Florida is way above average.

Oct 20, 2019, 7:00 AM

"Not so Fast".
As of yesterday, I think there are 6 teams that can win the CFP National Championship;( in alphabetical order)Bama, Clemson, LSU, Ohio St, Oklahoma, and Penn State.
The thing is each team has issues.
But Clemson is the only team I am interested in, and we know the big issue there. Based on Strength of Schedule Clemson has to win out. Add to that they need to get off to a better start than they did at Louisville. I know we finished strong, but 1st quarter jitters still concern me.I'm too old and have too many grey hairs for these slow starts.
Clemson, IMO, is better than the other 5, especially on defense, but our offense concerns me. Too many bubble screens, too tight coverage by secondaries dropping 7 or 8 men deep, Trevor's lack of concentration at times, a receiver running the wrong route(happened at least twice yesterday, one which leads to one of the two picks in the end zone)and other than Etienne,our running game is off at times.
On a last note, other teams still in the mix. Auburn, Baylor, Florida( if they win out) and Georgia( if they win out).We know Georgia, and Florida can't do that because they play each other on 11/02, and I don't see Baylor beating OU. Also, I am not certain as to whether or not Penn State plays Ohio State in the regular season, but only one school comes out of the Big 10.
Also LSU, and Bama still have to play, and Bama has Auburn, so one of those 3 teams will probably be eliminated before the SECCG.

Sounds like an "I Told You So" moment

Oct 20, 2019, 8:26 AM

...to the pundits.

Dear CBS Sports, Joel Klatt, everyone on the SEC Network...your hopes and dreams are about to go up in flames.

Clemson is still a "cut-above" everybody else, so settle in and get used to it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 11:13 AM

Agree, and also agree the transitive property is not as solid as, say, the law of conservation of energy.

But, you can see who is who with more games. Some opinions, loosely based on facts:

Michigan is not good --> PSU is not great.
USC terrible --> Florida not that great.
TN horrible --> Bama is beatable.
ACC coastal horrible --> ACC Coastal horrible (this is a recursive relationship, kinda complicated)
FL not that great --> LSU is beatable.
USC terrible, UK terrible --> UGA won't make playoffs
FSU terrible --> fire coach
OSU might be good, but we don't know yet
OU might be good, but we may not know until the CFP
Wisconsin --> Wisconsining

But lest you forget...S-E-C speed means more***

Oct 20, 2019, 11:14 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,362