Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
top 5 hot sauces
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

top 5 hot sauces

Jul 7, 2020, 12:20 PM

1. El Yucateco Chili Habanero - they come in a bunch of different varieties and colors but I normally stick with the red or green ones, great on everything including biscuits and Mexican foods

2. Ocho Rios Scotch Bonnet Hot Pepper Sauce - not as hot as #1, a little sweetness to it and great on about anything

3. Sambal Oelek - not technically a hot sauce, more like a chili sauce, goes on anything asian and works great in recipes, from the same people that make Sriracha

4. Nando's Peri-Peri Hot Sauce - a different taste than most hot sauces

5. Huy Fong's Sriracha - everybody makes Sriracha now, but this one got it going, great on pizza and biscuits and works well in recipes

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: top 5 hot sauces

Jul 7, 2020, 12:22 PM

1. hotsawce

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice, I have 1,3,4,5 in my stock.

Jul 7, 2020, 12:23 PM

Also missing Frank's, Cholula, & Tobasco Jalapeno.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Jul 7, 2020, 12:23 PM

1. Hotsauce
2. hotsauce2575
3. Hot Carl
4. Hot ####
5. hotsawce
6. Hot Momma

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#3... genius***

Jul 7, 2020, 5:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

No Franks or Louisiana Brand?

Jul 7, 2020, 12:24 PM

Fake news!

I always enjoy these subjective lists.

Jul 7, 2020, 12:26 PM

Let me know exactly how wrong you puny humans are about things.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dave's Ultimate Insanity

Jul 7, 2020, 12:33 PM

So I was a junior at Clemson, it's game day, went downtown with a friend to Firehouse before we headed to a tailgate.

He brought over Dave's Ultimate Insanity, proceeded to put two drops onto a chip, and spread the hot sauce around his sub with the chip.

I thought that was dumb, took the hot sauce and splashed it around my sub. That. Was. A. Mistake.

I remember the heat hitting me after the third bite, and regretting. But I finished the sub because I was a dumb stubborn college student. I was absolutely miserable the entire day and the game. The pain of that #### was also not fun.

It was then I learned that I *can* eat incredibly spicy things, but I don't quite enjoy spicy level 5.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dave's Ultimate Insanity

Jul 7, 2020, 12:42 PM

my first Dave's sauce experience was accepting a

Jul 7, 2020, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Dave's Ultimate Insanity ]

tablespoon of it, nothing else, because I said I could handle hot sauces no prob.

this was freshman year, and I'd never experienced anything hotter than mainstream grocery store level @hotsawces

the next couple of hours were interesting, fo sho

Good god, did you throw up?

Jul 7, 2020, 1:01 PM

I don't think I wound up putting more than a teaspoon on the sub, and that at least had bread to help counteract.

no, and actually, the whole mammary is starting to come back

Jul 7, 2020, 1:13 PM

it was a 'spoon sized' scoop, on a chip....like you were digging into some chunky salsa, but like TXtigerfan, I took the whole thing without even the slightest bit of a warm-up

I think I remember eating/drinking everything in sight for quite a while after, just to soothe/distract

the plutonium sauce @ Explorers put Dave's to shame, tho....I was about to try the 6 wing challenge, but the waitress (kindly, mercifully) brought out a toothpick that was dipped in that sauce for me to try, #justthetip....that alone was enough to trigger a similar response to that first Dave's taste, but with 1/100 the amount (AND, at that point I was quite used to Daves, habaneros etc)

my roommate worked at Taco Casa in HS, and got them to give

Jul 7, 2020, 1:15 PM

him a ramekin of Dave's to bring back for me to try....hence the 'scoop' approach

We got them to give us the plutonium sauce on a plate

Jul 7, 2020, 1:28 PM [ in reply to no, and actually, the whole mammary is starting to come back ]

at a tailgate once.'

JUANCE. Never again. I think I licked hotsawce and there wasn't enough beer to make me ever forget that feeling.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i was chuggin whatever cups of ranch/bleu cheese were

Jul 7, 2020, 1:30 PM

available from other peoples plates, just because I'd already drank their beers/sodas....from the amount of plutonium sauce that stuck to the end of a fuggin toothpick

We planned to put it on the wings we were grilling. I'm not

Jul 7, 2020, 1:32 PM

sure anyone ever did.

I worked at a bbq place in high school, and we had

Jul 7, 2020, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Dave's Ultimate Insanity ]

A regular who always, always told us we couldn’t make it hot enough for him.....it was good natured but he’d say we made sandwiches like wusses, blah blah blah and we’d try to light him up every time and failed.

So one day a bottle of the insanity sauce showed up and dude came in for the normal routine. I said “we have this, you sure?” And he gave the green light. I put it on sparingly and he started giving me a hard time about it so I layed it on pretty thick

Guy gets his sandwich and goes and sits at a table with his wife. 2 minutes later he’s sprinting for the bathroom. 5 minutes later his wife comes up and asks if he’s still in there and goes and checks on him.

She comes right back out looking worried and asks if we have any milk and saying he’s in there crying and she’s considering calling an ambulance. We act concerned and then start high fiving when she goes back in bathroom. Dude ended up being ok but he never gave us #### again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yore list is_shit without

Jul 7, 2020, 12:27 PM

Franks over Texas Pete?

Jul 7, 2020, 12:46 PM

Wrong.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

dat Truff doe

Jul 7, 2020, 1:07 PM [ in reply to yore list is_shit without ]

not 'hot', but damm tasty

My heart and bawls say

Jul 7, 2020, 12:31 PM

hotsawce, but my belly says

Double dog dare you to try this

Jul 7, 2020, 12:31 PM

on anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My stomach just knotted

Jul 7, 2020, 12:34 PM

Cold sweat breaking out. Sucks because I love hotsawce

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Samesies

Jul 7, 2020, 12:52 PM

I luv some hot sauce, but I've come to realize in my old age that the aftermath is not worth it.

Yeah, and it gets worse with age.

Jul 7, 2020, 1:41 PM

I ate hot sausage last weekend for breakfast. About 3 hours later, in the middle of the grocery store, I started to feel woozy. Started to break out in a cold sweat also. It took a minute but then I realized what was brewing. By the time I got to the car it was clearly churning. Sweat was pouring. As I drive the last few miles to the house I noticed the urge was creeping on hard. I pinched, gritted my teeth, breathed slowly. As I neared the house I slammed the car into park. By now I had a full on cramp and tight knot and I knew it was mere seconds left. Made it to the toilet and bewm. After several spasms and contractions I finished birthing, swigged some Pepto, and carried about my day. Had one minor aftershock in the evening, another swig of Pepto, and the event was concluded.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Louisiana, Valentina, El Yucateco, Cholula Chili/Lime*******

Jul 7, 2020, 12:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

got some of the Valentina Black Label in the kitchen

Jul 7, 2020, 1:19 PM

its among the usual rotation, that and various Cholulas & El Yucateco (i like the green habanero)

Black Label? ******

Jul 7, 2020, 1:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tis hotter

Jul 7, 2020, 1:36 PM

I will look for that and I guess...

Jul 7, 2020, 1:38 PM

if I go black I might not go back lol.

Louisiana is the best on raw oysters for sure.

Jul 7, 2020, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Louisiana, Valentina, El Yucateco, Cholula Chili/Lime******* ]

A little tingle, a little vinegar, a little slurp, a lotta good.

Your number 1 sauce, I buy the green and put it on

Jul 7, 2020, 1:22 PM

peanut butter and jelly sandwiches......delicious

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you can swig a tablespoon of this, you have a stainless

Jul 7, 2020, 1:23 PM

steel gut...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I can’t do hot because wuss and I have a genuine allergic

Jul 7, 2020, 1:53 PM

reaction to most hot peppers except a smidge of Texas Pete on hot dogs and these peppers that for some reason don’t bother me and taste really good. My last bottle is about 1/2 empty. Time to figure out how to work another trip to St Augustine in to stock back up.

https://datsnicehotsauce.com/cooking-with-datil-pepper-sauce/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I might just order a few bottles of that. ******

Jul 7, 2020, 2:10 PM

i just go with texas pete made in NC. da bestest.

Jul 7, 2020, 1:55 PM

My go to regular. And their Sriracha is the best also

Jul 7, 2020, 3:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I won’t get into the subjective side of what’s best

Jul 7, 2020, 2:21 PM

This stuff I got in St Lucia on my honeymoon was amazing on some dolphin.

https://www.mohotta.com/product/5992/barons-sauces?gclid=Cj0KCQjwupD4BRD4ARIsABJMmZ9vXRFPxaTRR13dC4xfyo5_MecV_z8Qt0E_sa-1t413PwUFlrzS57IaAmD0EALw_wcB

RIP Flipper***

Jul 7, 2020, 2:26 PM

RIP Snowflake***

Jul 7, 2020, 2:27 PM

So much better than mahi mahi***

Jul 7, 2020, 2:29 PM

mahi mahi can't even kick a field goal like Snowflake could

Jul 7, 2020, 2:31 PM

Ray Finkle = mahi mahi

And Tiger Sauce is a regular for me now

Jul 7, 2020, 2:59 PM

given to me by a gamecock friend and he loves it also. LOL.

I forgot that one. It's good just need to be thicker. ******

Jul 7, 2020, 3:01 PM

Jul 7, 2020, 5:22 PM

I can’t believe no one has brought up Tabasco’s Smoked variety. Not exactly hot but adds great flavor to anything I’ve tried it on.

I can see that being good on fish and grits

Jul 7, 2020, 9:54 PM

Each hot sauce has its place and time.

That’s why I won’t discuss a top 5.

Tabasco is for seafood

Cholula for Mexican

Frank’s for wings

Sriracha for aliasing-ish

Louisiana for hot dogs

Replies: 45