Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
General Update: Clemson student named runner-up in Miss America 2017
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

General Update: Clemson student named runner-up in Miss America 2017

Sep 11, 2016, 10:58 PM

Clemson student named runner-up in Miss America 2017

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: General Update: Clemson student named runner-up in Miss America 2017

Sep 11, 2016, 11:00 PM

They already named the winner for 2017? Well, it looks like I won't bother to watch next year.

Sep 11, 2016, 11:05 PM

Well some of the 2017 model cars are out, so why not?! It's hard work and quite an honor!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2016, 11:10 PM

I'm not belittling her accomplishment. I was making a corny joke.

tonight was the 2017 pageant***

Sep 11, 2016, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Re: General Update: Clemson student named runner-up in Miss America 2017 ]

Sep 11, 2016, 11:06 PM

watched last few minutes ...arky beat her in the dance off

-I think our gal was the most attractive of the bunch

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it our lot in life to always be the runner up?

Sep 11, 2016, 11:07 PM

men's soccer, football, Miss America ...

;)

Congratulations Rachel Wyatt, you are a beautiful young woman.

Always better than being a chicken. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it our lot in life to always be the runner up? winner

Sep 11, 2016, 11:10 PM

was Saban's daughter. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She was from an SEC state. ESPN put the fix in!

Sep 11, 2016, 11:14 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait a minute, is Steve Harvey the host?***

Sep 11, 2016, 11:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't watch this pagent, but did she get robbed

Sep 12, 2016, 8:15 AM

Like Ali did? When Ali got second, only one judge didn't score her first and that judge essentially rigged it by giving Ms NY all 5s and Ali all 3s. That judge also happened to be a guest judge from the state of NY.

yes, her answer was much better than the girl that won, plus

Sep 12, 2016, 12:22 PM

Rachel was better looking than the winner. Now there are many other areas for judging and I guess the other contestant had her beat in those areas. But in just looks and answer, Rachel was best hands down.

Re: I didn't watch this pagent, but did she get robbed

Sep 12, 2016, 1:52 PM [ in reply to I didn't watch this pagent, but did she get robbed ]

She did not get robbed - She would have won had she not selected an "over the top evening gown" which was too revealing for a Miss USA! Other than that outstanding job Rachel!!!!

Actually, I think Arkansas just had her beat in

Sep 12, 2016, 7:46 PM

the talent category. I thought Miss South Carolina had Arkansas beat in everything else. She beat Arkansas in swimsuit, interview, and evening gown. My gosh, Arkansas' question alone should hae kept her from winning. It was not an over the top evening gown. Ali Rogers finished 1st runner-up in 2013 and was told she wasn't quite edgy enough. This year, I think Rachel had great talent, but it just didn't beat Arkansas, who won the preliminary talent competition, so you know she scored high on finals night. The problem is that the one category that Arkansas probably beat her in was the category with the heaviest weight. And although Rachel's talent was very good, I think she made a mistake dancing to that country song. It was just too much of that and she would have been better off picking a more cosmopolitan song.

Rachel was hands down the prettiest girl on the stage, except maybe for Miss Indiana, who didn't even make the top-15. When Indiana was left out of the top-15, I thought wow, she must have told them to go to hell in the interview. I didn't see any other way she was left out. Seriously though, Indiana must have scored extremely low in the talent category.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic