Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wonder who the next two star nobody recruit will be that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 403

I wonder who the next two star nobody recruit will be that

Mar 16, 2016, 12:30 PM

Brownell develops into an NBA talent? We're like a factory for that now. One would think we would have two star nobodies literally knocking our door down to get in Clemson.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The bigger question is why all our players seemingly want

Mar 16, 2016, 12:35 PM

to leave so bad. Dabo can get a first rounder like C.J. to stay for his senior year, Brownell can't even get a guy who might not even get drafted to stay.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He can't get a guy that can't play division I basketball to

Mar 16, 2016, 12:38 PM

stay.

Every year.

There's obviously something going on

Mar 16, 2016, 12:40 PM

At least with the transfers, they've already transferred once, so the odds of them doing it again are pretty low. Maybe he should just recruit transfers?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those days of football players staying for their Senior year

Mar 16, 2016, 12:46 PM [ in reply to The bigger question is why all our players seemingly want ]

are over...the jump in pay from end of first round/2nd round to the top of the first round isn't anywhere as lucrative as it was under the old CBA, so NFL players are highly incentivized to declare early and "start the clock" to get to their second contract

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In basketball you can declare for the NBA and if you don't

Mar 16, 2016, 12:51 PM

get drafted, there are still enough professional around the world that even a college bench-rider that wants to play can go find a team as long as they're willing to get a passport.

to be honest, I don't blame the players for leaving early

Mar 16, 2016, 12:53 PM

If someone would have told me I can leave my junior year and get a very high paying job I would have jumped at it.

Absolutely.

Mar 16, 2016, 1:02 PM

Sadly, I think the vast majority of kids that sign a scholarship are trying to prep themselves to play pro sports. Anything they learn in college is a fallback position to them until it becomes evident that they have no career at the next level. Probably very few that come out of high school thinking "well, this will be fun for five years until I can finally realize that dream of selling insurance!".

Yeah, lots of our fball guys have been leaving early lately

Mar 16, 2016, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Those days of football players staying for their Senior year ]

The other reason a bball player might leave is that they're much more ready to play the pro game at a younger age than a football player is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NBA has a rookie scale too..all of the $$ is in the

Mar 16, 2016, 1:46 PM

second and third contracts when they hit free agency...a lot of players just want to get in the league so they can get paid 3-4 years later

Replies: 9
| visibility 403
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic