Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
to all those thinking Clemson's schedule is better than UL's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 1

to all those thinking Clemson's schedule is better than UL's

Oct 24, 2016, 5:19 AM

Here's the current Sagarin ratings for the two OOC schedules (I don't swear by Sagarin, just use them because they rank FCS teams as well):

for Louisville:
Charlotte 170
Marshall 116
Kentucky 73
Houston 27

for Clemson:
SC State 196
Troy 66
UsuCk 80
Auburn 7

The only real difference is essentially the comparison of Marshall to Troy and obviously the benefit is to Clemson's schedule in that game.

BUT, Kentucky has already beaten USuCk, so there's no argument there, and it's in UL's favor.

Given the schedules going forward, Auburn and Houston will both likely lose one more game later (Houston to Louisville and Auburn to Bama). But Houston has a win over Oklahoma, and that will likely hold up Houston's SOS, especially if Okie beats either Baylor or WVU. Auburn has NO such stellar wins except LSU. And for all the love Auburn's getting, they'll likely end the season with NO Top 25 wins except that one (note that LSU is currently #19, and still has to play Florida and @aTm so they may yet drop too).

That means effectively that Houston is more comparable to Auburn that most want to think. Given Houston's latest struggles, that may not hold up. Given that Auburn has effectively played all their games at home, they may not hold up either (such as playing @Ole Miss).

Actually one difference in schedules might be the ACCCG. Theoretically we could play and beat a TOP 25 team there. The most likely candidates it appears are Va Tech (#17 Sagarin) and UNCheat (#30 Sagarin). Once we beat them though, they might fall out... so not much help there as these teams have floated up and down over the year. Both had big games against SEC teams that they lost early in the year, so they don't hold much cache Nationally. In the end, I doubt the ACCCG will make much of a difference to the Committee.

In theory another difference in schedules might come down to the ACC Coastal. We play Pitt and Ga Tech; they play Virginia and Duke. Right now that edge is squarely to us, with Pitt having beaten both Duke and Virginia already. Ga Tech still has to play those two. But Pitt will be #3 in the Coastal and UVA will be 4th, so no real feathers to put in our cap there.

So, I don't think saying Clemson's schedule is MUCH better than Louisville's holds much water, especially when the big difference is a comparison of Troy to Marshall. Yes, there's a notable difference there, but neither team should have been much a threat to either us or Louisville.

That Troy played us tougher than a #66 team should have, isn't really a chip in our favor; no, that's just us underperforming, and that's the way the CFP will see it.

As a side note and as to Top 25 wins for Clemson v. Louisville, by the end of the year the only difference in this will be the H2H win by Clemson. We will have beaten FSU, presumably, and Auburn. They'll presumably have beaten FSU and Houston. If FOR SOME REASON you discount the Clemson win AT HOME over Louisville, then Top 25 wins could be considered a wash by some in the CFP too.

I am NOT saying it's going to happen, but even if a 1-loss Clemson wins the ACCCG, then for sure we'll be ranked lower than a 1-loss Louisville at year's end, and there's going to be a helluva debate in the media, and likely the CFP too, over which team to take. Ignore it if you want, but winning out is the only real difference maker of certainty for the Tigers...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: to all those thinking Clemson's schedule is better than UL's

Oct 24, 2016, 5:22 AM

Sagarin ?
Really ?
Sagarin , huh ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 24, 2016, 6:35 AM

Gotta love it;) Sagarin?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't care about schedules. We won.***

Oct 24, 2016, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: to all those thinking Clemson's schedule is better than UL's ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amazed how folks forget this fact.***

Oct 24, 2016, 7:56 PM

Oct 24, 2016, 5:57 AM

This is total brain overload this early in the morning.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2016, 6:01 AM

Why do you not include the crossover games for both teams? certainly pitt and tech are better than duke and UVA

I did include that, if you would read, and yes, you're right

Oct 24, 2016, 11:35 AM

so far.

Pitt has beaten both Duke and UVA. So 2-0 in favor of Clemson, now.

But Ga Tech has yet to play either of those teams - GA Tech plays Duke this week.

So as you say, in the end the real SOS difference may be in the ACC Coastal cross-overs.

BUT in looking at who gets a berth in the CFP, that's not a whole lot of difference:

Pitt/GA Tech over Duke/UVA, even if it's 4-0 our way. Pitt even had 1-score games against those two.

Some difference, but not A LOT.

And many on here have stated that Clemson's SOS was MUCH better than UL's.

Well, I would argue that Pitt/Ga Tech over Duke/UVA, plus Troy over Marshall

does NOT constitute MUCH better,

leaving the CFP group to look at other measures for making the decision between UL/Clemson.

thanks for the James Clavell "Shogun"

Oct 24, 2016, 6:17 AM

version. Here's what matters in all that.

Clemson 42. UL 36.

Anyone that thinks UL is getting in to the CFP with anything other than a conference champ in the big 5 having less than 2 losses is probably smoking something that Pitino gives his basketball recruits (oh wait - he gives them exotic dancers.....)

So simple that a coot would get it. Who won head to

Oct 24, 2016, 7:41 AM

head!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2016, 6:37 AM

I think most people are referring to Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan and Washington when they talk SoS.

We don't need to compare against UL, cause we have this thing called a head-to-head victory over them.

Thanks for the effort, but that was essentially a waste of your time. You seem really worried about UL jumping us. Let's be very clear...we keep winning and there is absolutely ZERO percent chance tht happens.

I agree - the hypothetical was based on us losing one game.

Oct 24, 2016, 12:25 PM

that's when things get squirrel-ly.

Re: I agree - the hypothetical was based on us losing one game.

Oct 24, 2016, 8:58 PM

I missed that because I couldn't get to the end of your post to be honest. That's on me.

Having said that, your hypothetical is based on a 1-loss ACC Champion, Clemson. In which case, there's still zero chance UL jumps us.

I don't mean to get off on a rant here

Oct 24, 2016, 6:37 AM

but I'll have 2 scoops of whatever you put in your coffee this morning...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Oct 24, 2016, 6:38 AM

I'll admit your analysis means pretty much nothing unless you're on the committee.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2016, 6:48 AM

SOS is only one measuring tool, and falls behind Conf Championship and head to head. We win.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2016, 6:54 AM

There are a lot of flaws in your logic the biggest being your assumption that the committee would discount a ACCCG win. You do understand that would make us conference champs no way they put louisvillle in front of a team they lost to who is conference champion.

Oct 24, 2016, 7:31 AM

The committee might put Louisville ahead of Clemson IF a voting majority just loveslovesloves that fancy "L" the Louisville coach has on his ball cap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you need to actually think about what that looks

Oct 24, 2016, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: to all those thinking Clemson's schedule is better than UL's ]

like. For instance, let's say

Clemson wins out in the ACC, and wins the ACCCG,

but, heaven help us, somehow loses to USuCk.

Can you not see the media sheatt-storm that would happen then arguing for the CFP group to discount

Clemson's ACCCG because we couldn't even beat the 4th place team in the SECLeast?

It would bring down the SEC Superiority complex like a locust plague from hail...

I think people on here - and the team - really need to think about that.

Plus, I really think it gets just as murky if Clemson loses to Weak Forest, say,

in advance of the ACCCG.

Many "pundits" will argue - no yell from the heavens - that the ACCCG doesn't even include the ACC's best team

and they'll have the Polls to "prove" it....

Looks like we play the tougher opponent 75% of the time.***

Oct 24, 2016, 7:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Clemson's schedule is harder and better than UL's

Oct 24, 2016, 7:41 AM

We play an SEC schedule. nuff said

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

How about the S&P+?

Oct 24, 2016, 7:51 AM

First, I'm just going to pretend Charlotte is an FCS team since they are bad enough to be one. We'll just ignore them and SC State.

Auburn - 7th
Troy - 28th
Pitt - 33rd
GA Tech - 50th
SCAR - 99th

Houston - 32nd
Kentucky - 70th
Duke - 72nd
UVA - 93rd
Marshall - 106th

Ahhhh yes, now the difference becomes much more clear.

Oct 24, 2016, 7:51 AM

LOL...no, Louisville with one loss isn't taking Clemson's spot with one loss. Are you selling a website? You need hits?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of analysis but I think you are missing something

Oct 24, 2016, 7:56 AM

"In the end, I doubt the ACCCG will make much of a difference to the Committee."

This couldn't be further from the truth. The committee has shown to place a great amount of emphasis on winning your conference. The only way a 1-loss Clemson team goes is if the one loss is this weekend at FSU. We'd have to win the conference to even be considered. If we run the table and lose the ACC title game Louisville will likely be the pick if they win out. I think they'll devalue our head to head win a little bit as it was a close game played in our stadium and Louisville hasn't stumbled like we have against lessor opponents.

Conversely I think if we lose 1 game but win the ACC we still hold the edge over L'ville given the head to head win and the conference title.

I don't think either teams SOS is really going to factor in to play. Basically it's win the ACC and hold two of the committee's valued "tiebreakers" (head to head and conf title), or lose the ACCCG and only hold one, then it comes down to who looks better at the end of the year and right now that edge goes to louisville.

I was speaking of the ACCCG only in terms of Schedule...

Oct 24, 2016, 11:09 AM

of course it would be an extra game to what UL played, but it would not add any notable Strength of Schedule, per se, such as playing another Top 25 team might do.

Clemson goes to the ACCCG if we only lose a single ACC game the rest of the year - no matter who it is. It could be FSU, but it could be Pitt or Weak Forest or Cuse as well. 1 loss and we're in no matter what UL does. So I was looking at this as if we lose a game - such as we almost did against NCSU - and what that does to our CFP chances.

Several people on here state that a 1-loss Clemson goes to the CFP instead of a 1-loss UL, no matter what. I am not so sure that they have thought through the detail as much as they need to...

SOS being one matter, because as I show here, there's little real difference in SOS.

We have the H2H, and if we lose one but still go on to win the ACCCG, that's another feather in our cap.

UL is going to have the weight of the National media and a good bit of fanbase arguing it's side though based on Heisman potential, relative scores against common opponents, late year trend (winning streak), and

IF THINGS CONTINUE AS THEY ARE: UL killing people, and Clemson scraping by (but losing once).

Just pointing out that a good many on here are putting a lot of faith in what amounts to a 3-yard win - early in the year, and AT Clemson.

Obviously, winning out is the best thing to do though....

I stopped reading after your 1st line. VT or UNC

Oct 24, 2016, 11:53 AM

will be a top 25 team in ACCCG.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

not likely after we beat them in the ACCCG...

Oct 24, 2016, 12:24 PM

gotta factor in the last loss, my friend.

To those who think epifunny is a Clemson fan

Oct 24, 2016, 8:04 AM

Probability according to BWI (Body of Work Index)

Clemson fan - 9%
Loserville fan - 57%
Coot - 100%

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Dear D78.... not so much...

Oct 24, 2016, 11:15 AM

but hey, you go ahead and proclaim your superiority with slurs.

Me don't mind at all....

So which is it? Card fan, or coot?

Oct 24, 2016, 12:36 PM

Because you're an obvious troll.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

3rd gen Clemson alum bucko...

Oct 24, 2016, 5:57 PM

meet me when and where you want and I'll give you the bonafides.

whatever your problem is, it ain't me buckaroo.

Oct 24, 2016, 8:11 AM

epifail with another stupid post.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

at your service oh king of kings...

Oct 24, 2016, 11:43 AM

sorry I couldn't make you at least think for once.

The Playoff committee is not the same as Sagarin

Oct 24, 2016, 8:25 AM

Sagarin is irrelevant. CFB PC will ALWAYS take a conference champ over a non-champ. Plus, we won h2h.

Go over to fgf and pose the question of when you coots will make a bowl again.

42-36

Oct 24, 2016, 8:37 AM

Oct 24, 2016, 8:54 AM

Here's the Team Rankings version....

Non Conference SOS:
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/non-conference-sos-by-other
Clemson #2, Louisville #63

Non Conference Ranking & Rating:
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/non-conference-by-other
Louisville #4, Clemson #10

In Conference SOS:
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/in-conference-sos-by-other
Louisville #11, Clemson #16 (obviously, theirs looks better seeing we are the higher ranked team)

Future Schedule SOS:
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/future-sos-by-other
Clemson #29, Louisville #47

Season SOS:
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/season-sos-by-other
Clemson #7, Louisville #12

SOS:
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other
Clemson #3, Louisville #10

this is now, except for the "future" schedule....

Oct 24, 2016, 11:49 AM

I've simply made the case that by the end of the year

most of the SOS difference that exists today will have gone away.

Auburn's getting a LOT of love, and Houston's on a downward trend - now.

Fast forward, and if Auburn loses @Ole Miss and @Bama, things tighten up.

Face it, Auburn hasn't beaten anyone of significant note (unless you count the Les Miles coached LSU).

It could work out such that Oklahoma wins out, and Auburn loses 2 more.

That would make Houston's win over Oklahoma a SOS difference maker.

Again, just spit-ballin'.

All I know is that it isn;t as cut and dried as some on here want to proclaim,

but hey, it's their right...

Re: to all those thinking Clemson's schedule is better than UL's***

Oct 24, 2016, 11:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Hey look, it's dumbsh!t!!!! Oh how I've missed ewe***

Oct 24, 2016, 11:12 AM

Re: Hey look, it's epidummy!!!! Oh how I've missed ewe***

Oct 24, 2016, 11:13 AM

FIFY

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

I'm not understanding why comparing SOS matters.

Oct 24, 2016, 11:14 AM

We beat UL head to head.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recap then: if Clemson loses once...

Oct 24, 2016, 11:27 AM

the CFP decision will be from:

Clemson:
- H2H
- likely ACCCG
- deminimus SOS difference as above

UL:
- likely Heisman winner
- longer winning streak at end of year as Clemson loses to one of Pitt/WF/Cuse/FSU
- much higher scoring margin differentials
- the higher Ranking from polls

I personally think some - maybe not most - but some on the CFP will have a double-take at that, and will argue for UL over Clemson.

Especially when you throw in the obvious commotion caused by "Yard Marker Gate" as theoretically being the difference in the H2H.

Hail; the National Media will argue for UL just to cause a disruption....

Re: Recap then: if Clemson loses once...

"UL:
- likely Heisman winner
- longer winning streak at end of year as Clemson loses to one of Pitt/WF/Cuse/FSU
- much higher scoring margin differentials"

^ Since when were any of those 3 used by the Playoff committee? They do not take into account margin of victory when comparing two similar record teams, potential Heisman of one player does not become a qualification, nor do they look at "win streaks".

What they do look at is:

Head to head results.
Results vs comparable teams.
Any Championships won.

Either both will be in, or Clemson will get in before Louisville, as they could potentially satisfy 2 of those 3 that Louisville won't (won the head to head, and depending results of the ACC-CG).

ABSOLUTELY NOT....

Oct 24, 2016, 12:22 PM

the Committee HAS in the past stated that

"Winning trend" at the end of the year would weight more heavily than early year games.

"Higher scoring differentials" is the same is your "results versus comparable teams" -

it's NOT just a W or L situation. Scoring differences -

especially those consistently weighted one way, can make a difference.

And UL has several big wins, while we have several small wins.

So otherwise, you're resting your case on a 6-point, at Home, early season win

that was 3 yards from going away.

YOU may not care but I personally think the CFP will care.

jmho, of course though.

I know you're trying to be serious, but

Oct 24, 2016, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Recap then: if Clemson loses once... ]

this is hilarious!

"Especially when you throw in the obvious commotion caused by "Yard Marker Gate" as theoretically being the difference in the H2H".

Buddy, it's a non-issue.

fine, ignore politics;

Oct 24, 2016, 12:23 PM

be my guest.

fine, make hilarious posts while high -

Oct 24, 2016, 7:50 PM

be my guest.

Again, so many words, BUT

Clemson 42
Louisville 36

Louisville #5 in the country. So head to head and a top 5 victory on our resume that they don't have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

if Oklahoma wins out, and we lose to USuCk or Cuse

Oct 24, 2016, 11:52 AM

that statement will turn on it's head.

But I'm just saying that in case you really care to look at facts.

That's what most people are missing

Your prerogative though,

Cause I do love the arrogance on here....

Oct 24, 2016, 11:48 AM

SC State and UNCC are irrelevant.

Troy > Marshall

Auburn > Houston (by at least a mile)

Pitt > Duke

GT/UVA are a toss up (will be determined, though)

Coots and Cats are both doormats, UK played at home and also had the luxury of their coaching staff's 4th season, not week four of a new regime that inherited a big mess.

THIS I agree with... except

Oct 24, 2016, 11:59 AM

you put a lot of faith in an Auburn team who hasn't played away from home

and their signature win is LeSmilesU.

Once they lose to Bama, and possibly @ Ole Miss,

and if Houston wins out (which they might not),

the two will likely be ranked comparatively.

Remember, no matter what happens, Houston did beat Oklahoma, and man think OU is going to win the Big XII.

Anyway, I like your comparative,

but as you see, the differences are minimal, AT BEST.

Aaaah... my bad: Pitt beat Ga Tech, not Duke, so that game is yet to be played.

And UK beat USuCk, yes at UK, and no-one cares about coaching staffs, that's meaningless.

So again, the differences are basically Troy > Marshall.

I think the CFP group will respond to that with, "Whoop-de-dam-do".

Re: THIS I agree with... except

Oct 24, 2016, 12:06 PM

lol @ the OU win, OU is overrated yearly and in case you missed it Houston didn't only lose to Navy but The Chad just beat them with a freshman QB playing for SMU.

Furthermore, in regards to overrated teams there is Ole Miss. No way they beat AU. I have said this from the beginning of the season. Back when the talking heads were telling you FSU could lose to us and get in but we couldn't drop the game in Tally and do the same. That Ole Miss false clout versus the terrible AU team was what they were basing their bias on. Sound familiar?

I actually agree with you...

Oct 24, 2016, 12:16 PM

I believe Auburn is a better team than Houston.

So the schedule difference between us and UL is

Troy>Marshall, and Auburn>Houston.

That's still not a tremendous amount though as UH is #27 and Auburn is #7 per Sagarin.

But you at least have to agree, that if things break against the way you THINK

then that schedule difference goes to virtually nil.

that is all I am saying - it's just not as cut&dried as many WANT to believe...

Re: I actually agree with you...

Their schedule is already under ours.

We beat them head to head and in the next four important games our foes are the better teams. The bottom three could be theirs, if GT loses to UVA.

not going to keep arguing with those that don't care to

Oct 24, 2016, 12:31 PM

look at facts.

Simple" if Auburn loses to Bama AND Ole Miss, Houston wins out,

and Duke beats Pitt,

your statements go right down the drain.

That's the facts about "overall schedule".

Those are, IN FACT, big "ifs" - I get that and am honest enough to accept it.

You should accept it that the issue of SOS between us and UL

is NOT currently HEAVILY weighted our direction,

and could tighten up depending on what some teams do late in the year.

Ignore if you want.

You're on an island.

Oct 24, 2016, 12:45 PM

If we lose one and win the ACCCG, we're ahead of Louisville. No need to argue, right?

this is the problem with the Internet and this society...

Oct 24, 2016, 5:56 PM

right and wrong have nothing to do with how many people "Vote" one way.

In fact, true leaders in history often have found themselves pilloried over their ideas -

Steve Jobs even got fired at Apple.

So whether I'm "on an Island" or not is irrelevant, and quite frankly reeking disturbingly of coerciveness.

So the answer is actually, "no".

If ew have 1-loss and so does Louisville at year's end,

there's going to be a helluva debate,

and I believe we MAY not get in.

Believe it or not, certainly your right;

but the number f people who agree with you has nothing to do with whether it will happen or not.

Dang millinneals..... public school has warped your minds.

LOL. Exaggerate much?

Oct 24, 2016, 7:48 PM

You turned a nonsensical argument about Louisville getting a playoff bid over us into a broad-brush societal diatribe? Really??

Cocaine is a helluva a drug.

Re: not going to keep arguing with those that don't care to

Oct 24, 2016, 1:09 PM [ in reply to not going to keep arguing with those that don't care to ]

Pitt already beat Duke and GT has the chance to beat Duke and UVA, what is down the drain?

Again, Ole Miss is garbage, already lost 4 games. News flash, they don't have a D and their loose cannon QB does not have Treadwell to win Kelly's spot jump balls anymore. This is what I based AU > Ole Miss off of at the beginning of the season and I am still standing on that.

Fact is Clemson beat U of L, ignore what you want.

OH AND

Oct 24, 2016, 1:11 PM

How is U of L even in this discussion about them jumping us IF Houston wins out? hth

Re: ooooooooops.............

Oct 24, 2016, 2:09 PM

#

When the crisis arises the time for preparedness has passed.

Re: not going to keep arguing with those that don't care to

Oct 24, 2016, 2:24 PM [ in reply to not going to keep arguing with those that don't care to ]

Me thinks you're trying too hard.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously, why did you type all of that? We beat Louisville.

Oct 24, 2016, 11:57 AM

The SOS is meaningless, and even if it wasn't we play a better overall schedule, again, INCLUDING BEATING UL.

If we win, we're in ahead of them. Period. Nothing else matters, at all.

small minds....

Oct 24, 2016, 12:03 PM

we do not play a "significantly" or "much"

"better overall schedule".

That's what the post shows - the schedule difference is Troy > Marshall, and

whatever cache you choose to put into Auburn.

But if you can't or won't

read, then well, make your sweeping generalizations...

Ya know for someone who accused Tigernet of being "arrogant"

Oct 24, 2016, 12:06 PM

you take the cake. Has anyone ever told you you're kind of an ###? I'm just sayin'.

many times... and I use the description only because

Oct 24, 2016, 12:12 PM

many on here refuse to read or otherwise contemplate facts.

Facts.

Such as "we have a MUCH better schedule" or "H2H is ALL that matters".

These statements are limited in their thinking given the decision that the CFP has to make,

and given the environment (anti-ACC, anti-faith, pro-LamarJ) that Clemson obviously lives in.

So if some on here would rather ignore facts and just be emotional, then I give them an emotional description.

There - you didn't think that I had clarity of reason, now did you?

fact 7-0

Oct 24, 2016, 1:24 PM

fact: beat cards
fact: tigers likely won't lose
fact: the world is round
fact: might be the dumbest hypothesis ever and clearly i need not respond but am bored

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Oct 24, 2016, 12:18 PM

How in the #### do you figure Virginia is going to be 4th in the Coastal?

what if #### didn't stink??***

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Straight from the CFP Website:

Oct 24, 2016, 12:24 PM

When circumstances at the margins indicate that teams are comparable, then the following criteria must be considered:

Championships won
Strength of schedule
Head-to-head competition (if it occurred)
Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory)

Clemson will have the championships won and the head-to-head victory. SOS will be close, but probably lean Clemson after an ACC Championship Game.

So basically, there's no way in hell a 1-loss ACC Champion Clemson gets passed over for UL. The only way we miss out on the playoff at 1-loss as an ACC Champ is if Alabama, Michigan, Washington, and either Baylor/West VA all go undefeated...and even then, I think it's close between Clemson and the Big 12 team. We're definitely not going to lose our spot to Louisville though. That would completely contradict their own selection criteria.

I guess, then, that if OSU beats Michigan in a close one

Oct 24, 2016, 2:17 PM

But both teams run the table otherwise and OSU wins the BIG, the committee will probably take Michigan because they had a "better" loss (albeit head to head)? Comparable schedules...

+1 for effort and grit put into this post***

Oct 24, 2016, 7:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 71
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic