Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I thought a conf. did what was in the best interest of ALL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

I thought a conf. did what was in the best interest of ALL

Jul 22, 2012, 10:45 PM

it's members

a 9 game schedule hurts the best football universities in the ACC,

it hurts the only teams in the ACC to win a Nat. Football Title in the most recent 30 or so years
and maybe in the entire history of the ACC.

why does the ACC continue to do things to bring down Clemson, FSU, and GT in football

you don't see the ACC doing anything to hurt UNC, Duke, Pitt and Cuse in basketball

it would server the ACC right for Clemson, FSU, and GT all to accept an offer from the Big12 if offered and leave the conf. with NO FOOTBALL POWER SCHOOLS to speak of.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought a conf. did what was in the best interest of ALL

Jul 22, 2012, 10:46 PM

I know about VT and especially Miami but neither have won a Nat. Title in football while in the ACC and Miami might be on the door step of major NCAA rules violations and probation.

"to accept an offer from the Big 12 if offered"

Jul 22, 2012, 10:55 PM

I don't know which one to laugh at more, the grammar or the notion of us going to the Big 12.

Jul 22, 2012, 11:12 PM

Every major conference is about to sign on for 9 game conf schedules. The Big 12 and Pac 12 already do.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2012, 11:46 PM

Difference is their 9 games actually HELP SOS.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2012, 7:06 AM

If Clemson beats FSU, South Carolina, GT and wins the ACCCG. They don't have to worry about SOS, and they even get to avoid a more difficult opponent than a 9th ACC team.

The scenario you talk about hasn't even happened yet.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2012, 9:53 AM

it's not about winning games or conf.

it's about doesn't a conf. or sould a conf. at least do thing that is fair for all it's members

a 9 game conf. schedule isn't fair to clemson, Fsu, GT and that is very obvious when anyone sits down and looks at how those teams schedules will be affected.

The ACC can see that but they choose to put those teams in a very bad situation for scheduling in the future.

I don't care for the 9 game conference schedule either, but

Jul 23, 2012, 10:01 AM

to get all 12 or 14 schools to agree on what's fair for all is dang near impossible. I'm sure if a vote was taken on having casual Fridays, you wouldn't see a unanimous vote.

You're oversimplifying. You'll never get something that is

Jul 23, 2012, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: I thought a conf. did what was in the best interest of ALL ]

"fair" to all involved by that standard. Swofford must make a 14 or possibly eventually 16 team conference sensible, and if you play almost no one from the other division, it doesn't make sense. So he must weigh our considerations with the overall structure of the conference.

What our admin needs to do is tell him to help us with scheduling so we have a cupcake or bye week before SC, and get him to lift the ban on post-season play in South Carolina.

null

Again, Duke is the only Coastal team ranked below Ole Miss.

Jul 23, 2012, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: I thought a conf. did what was in the best interest of ALL ]

Going to nine games, thus adding an additional Coastal team, HELPS our SOS relative to playing Ole Miss, unless we play Duke.

Oklahoma State...well, considering they are historically mediocre (worse than Miami, VT, GT, Pitt, UVA and UNC), I'm not prepared to assume it will be worse to play another Coastal team instead of OK State in 2019 when we were scheduled to play them.

null

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic