Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
time to end special, lower qualifying standards for players?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1

time to end special, lower qualifying standards for players?

Sep 30, 2019, 2:01 PM

It seems time is right to move towards greater equality between the scholarship student athlete and average student.

1. All students should meet same academic requirements to enter a given college or university.
2. 2.0 GPA required after 2nd year to play; if not, get 1 year to rise above 2.0 or scholarship is forfeit (as is rule for many academic scholarships)
3. Nutrition, extra tutoring and other help available equally to all students (on meal plans and so long as enrolled.)
4. student athlete commitment limited to 3 days/week for 3 hours each plus game day. (Too much time going into sports right now and not enough in to studies)
5. student athlete free to make money from endorsements and selling of likeness and names but money would go into a trust till they leave the school. (or 50% into trust, 50% immediately to students.)
6. Finally, require that NBA and NFL open their drafts to any student of age 17 or above. (Remember, when Bentley "should have still been in high school" he could have been in NFL rather than going to NCAA football.)

Would Tiger fans feel the same about our teams? Perhaps. Not sure I like where it all goes. Enjoy these possibly last few year of the golden age. I still see 15-0 is possible, go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic