Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ticket
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 353

ticket

Oct 8, 2018, 9:14 AM
ticket.jpg(168.2 K)

For leaving my bus'es butt on the sidewalk behind my place in Clemson for more than 10 mins Saturday morning of Syracuse game at 8am when hardly anyone was around. Of course d I c k Clemson cops prevailed . I almost talked my way into getting my vehicle towed and landing in jail but I stopped short. Anyways check out my attached pig, the dumb #### marked FL as the state instead of the correct state of GA.

What to do

1) pay the ticket, it is only $10
2) Don't do anything, they will go to Florida and realize there is probably no plate with those numbers
3) Go to traffic court and tell them this ticket is wrong and I am not paying it
4) ...
5) profit

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

throw a molotov cocktail through

Oct 8, 2018, 9:16 AM

the front window of the police station, destroying the records of the traffic ticket.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this really does seem like the only viable option***

Oct 8, 2018, 10:00 AM

Oct 8, 2018, 9:19 AM

and be sure to take a $10 bill

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#3 only if you don't make more than $10/hr***

Oct 8, 2018, 9:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

for $10 I would just pay it and be done.

Oct 8, 2018, 9:29 AM

just not worth the effort/risk to fight.

But FYI: I got a ticket in Kansas City, MO for parking illegally at a Royals baseball game. This was in 2002 I believe. Similarly, my car tag was incorrectly marked NC instead of SC. It was a $50 ticket. I have never paid it. I have never heard from KC Police.

I'm sure I am technically a felon in the state of MO, but don't care. I never plan to return (in that vehicle for sure).

Your ONLY problem if you don't pay would be if you come back to Clemson and do something again to get a tag search. They may be able to piece together that you are some sort of reprobate and Death Valley Towing could be called to confiscate. But doubtful.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thats what they WANT you to do

Oct 8, 2018, 9:33 AM

ask for a jury trial.

Represent yourself.

Hire Lakebum1 to represent you in traffic court.

Oct 8, 2018, 9:53 AM

Fun story: Back in '96-'00 FUPO (Furman's police) were similarly bad for ticketing students around campus, particularly students that commuted. As this was the baby days of widespread internet use, the network for the office for the FUPO was not adequately protected. The list of tickets that we issued and fines that were owed was literally on a word document named "Fines" on one of the computers desktops there.

I, um, heard that some people may have, uh allegedly, accessed said computer through the school network and deleted their own and some of there friends tickets. Amazingly FUPO got wise to it because there were gaps in the series of ticket numbers. In response to the discovery, their crack team of cyber security agents solved the problem by moving the word document from the desktop to a folder named "Fines" on the same computers C drive.

Amazingly enough this did not solve the problem. But the individual in question never deleted another ticket, um, so I'm told. Instead of deleting them the information for certain tickets may have been rewritten with the information of people that this alleged criminal mastermind didn't particularly like.

Allegedly.

Tru fakt. In 1999 Clemson University issued more parking

Oct 8, 2018, 10:29 AM

tickets than the city of Columbia. Something like $170,000+ in tickets. Effum IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 11:21 AM

Focus inward. Why did you choose to park illegally? Were you really in that big of a hurry? Lazy? You had a moral decision to make and got it wrong. Is there something else going on in your life that needs attention? Was this series of events a microcosm of other issues in your life?

Why focus on the perceived mistakes of other imperfect humans rather than your own mistake? Should you have been up earlier in the day in effort to be more productive? You own a place there yet cannot follow the rules. What is going on in your life, Willmo?

You should go and admit the errs of your ways. Pay the fine. Offer to pay more. Apologize. Then thank the good men/women of the CUPD for putting their life on the line every single day to protect and serve the community.

It is the actions of people like you that have pointed our collective moral compass in an ill direction. We can make changes but it all has to start with you, good sir.

I probably wouldn't do anything

Oct 8, 2018, 11:38 AM

I've gone to court for all of my Clemson traffic tickets, because #### them. I've tried it all man, I've seen people prove the cop was lying with pictures and evidence, but I've only seen one guy get his ticket dropped because it was blatantly obvious the cop was FOS.

If you go, you probably have to pay. If you leave it alone, you just become yet another Florida transient who will never pay their ticket.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 353
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic