Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tim Bourret leaks KB's Scrimmage Stats
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Tim Bourret leaks KB's Scrimmage Stats

Aug 28, 2018, 11:54 AM

Let the naysayers continue to second guess the coaching staff.

https://twitter.com/TimBourret/status/1034468026752659458

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Cleary Tim is part of the scandal

Aug 28, 2018, 11:57 AM

along with the coaches and players.

they all lie.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

In before "why didn't we get this info before now?????"***

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson

those look made up

Where's Trevor's stats

Nattering nabob of negativism

Aug 28, 2018, 12:00 PM

Coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: those look made up

Aug 28, 2018, 12:03 PM [ in reply to those look made up ]

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH. GOT TO LOVE THE MOT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trevor attempted 35 passes

Aug 28, 2018, 12:04 PM [ in reply to those look made up ]

and completed 40 of them for 2000 yards and change.

Every pass play scored.

Attempted 3 running plays for -24 yards.

Both the 1st and 2nd team defense were on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trevor attempted 35 passes

Aug 28, 2018, 1:03 PM

With -24 yards rushing. I can see now why KB is starting. We have to have QB that can run for positive yards not the opposite. Next he'll be throwing all the passes behind the los and end up with negative yards passing as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finally. A fan with some common sense***

Aug 28, 2018, 3:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you look

Aug 28, 2018, 12:10 PM [ in reply to those look made up ]

made up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Tim Bourret or Skynet ?

Aug 28, 2018, 12:04 PM

is twitter self aware ?

null

*snicker*

Aug 28, 2018, 12:04 PM

yep, does a ton of good to get 1 of 4 guys worth of stats. Awesome, guess we can compare it to made up stuff then. FYI, releasing only 1 guy's stats does nothing to prove much when you can't see how the rest did...also doesn't do much when you don't know what he faced (1st string D the entire time, 2nd string, all walk-ons??), especially stats from non-live scrimmages.

Looks okay, for a game no one was trying to take his head off in and he wasn't live to use any running. I'll still hold my judgement to actual games though, but thanks.

Re: *snicker*

Aug 28, 2018, 12:39 PM

yep, does a ton of good to get 1 of 4 guys worth of stats. Awesome, guess we can compare it to made up stuff then. FYI, releasing only 1 guy's stats does nothing to prove much when you can't see how the rest did...also doesn't do much when you don't know what he faced (1st string D the entire time, 2nd string, all walk-ons??), especially stats from non-live scrimmages.

Looks okay, for a game no one was trying to take his head off in and he wasn't live to use any running. I'll still hold my judgement to actual games though, but thanks.

LOL what good is your comparison or judgement? Seems you believe that you are better equipped to judge who should be the starting QB at Clemson than the coaching staff. Perhaps you should step away from the keyboard for a bit and gain some perspective as the coaches have not shown any hint that they are not fully capable of making a solid QB decision.

Aug 28, 2018, 12:57 PM

What good is a comparison?? It'd tell the real story of where their talents are pairing up. What good would knowing what they played against be? Oh, maybe to know if they produced stats against the better guys or not?? hmm...have no idea how that'd be useful to understand?

Guess you missed yesterday, Elliott (i know you all forgot who he is, but he's one of our offensive coordinators), said himself that where Kelly is ahead is in 3 areas...GAME management, confidence, and leadership.
https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Elliott-says-QB-depth-chart-decision-is-just-where-you-start-17155

^ Feel free to read it for yourself.

So yeah...those are specifically where he graded better, straight from his own coordinator. You know where most of those are learned and earned?? I bet it isn't on a practice field playing non-live scrimmages...bet it's in live games, when the real pressure is on and they are live.

Oh are you to keep telling someone they shouldn't want to see the other 3 QB's stats?? What's a matter, scared they won't paint KB to look as far in the lead as you imagine in passing?? They haven't been live, so they have hardly none on their running, FWIW. Kelly has done what they asked...it still doesn't mean he actually produced the best stats of the 4. Seeing all 4 would at least let you see where they all are, not just the one they want to push as the starter for game 1. Seeing only his doesn't exactly tell you any more than you knew before it was posted. That's fact, like it or not.

Some of you really need to come into reality...hey guess what, I've posted numerous times in the last week on here that Kelly would be starter game 1....been posting it since last March. Even linked the March post. I'm not questioning them making him the game 1 starter...never have been.

Aug 28, 2018, 1:02 PM

> I'm not questioning them making him the game 1 starter...never have been.

From everything else you've written on this thread, it sure sounds like you are second-guessing the decision. Perhaps you should have led with this. I'm sure most people here don't remember your comment history.

Aug 28, 2018, 1:06 PM

Not hard to miss it, I've been pretty vocal on the subject for a bit.
https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-You?ve-been-very-outspoken-on-the-subject-23879170#23879170

Aug 28, 2018, 1:14 PM

It's really easy to miss unless you live on Tigernet. I only remember/recognize about two dozen users on this site and I'm sorry, but you're not one of them. I certainly didn't bother to go back and check your posting history from March.

Honestly, I tuned out the vast majority of preposterous QB threads months ago (except for the ones mocking all the commentary).

hello Nwill. I was looking for a goldchain license plate cover for my Ford

Aug 28, 2018, 1:22 PM

and came across this.

https://goo.gl/images/ap1Evi

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Who the #### are you?

Aug 28, 2018, 1:30 PM

Just kidding... I actually recognize you!

I'm the guy with the orange 1994 Ford Taurus

Aug 28, 2018, 1:49 PM

SHO

Re: hello Nwill. I was looking for a goldchain license plate cover for my Ford

Aug 28, 2018, 1:33 PM [ in reply to hello Nwill. I was looking for a goldchain license plate cover for my Ford ]

Ohh...ohhh...get me one too...I'm #4:

Aug 28, 2018, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: *snicker* ]

What good is a comparison?? It'd tell the real story of where their talents are pairing up. What good would knowing what they played against be? Oh, maybe to know if they produced stats against the better guys or not?? hmm...have no idea how that'd be useful to understand?

Guess you missed yesterday, Elliott (i know you all forgot who he is, but he's one of our offensive coordinators), said himself that where Kelly is ahead is in 3 areas...GAME management, confidence, and leadership.
https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Elliott-says-QB-depth-chart-decision-is-just-where-you-start-17155

^ Feel free to read it for yourself.

So yeah...those are specifically where he graded better, straight from his own coordinator. You know where most of those are learned and earned?? I bet it isn't on a practice field playing non-live scrimmages...bet it's in live games, when the real pressure is on and they are live.

Oh are you to keep telling someone they shouldn't want to see the other 3 QB's stats?? What's a matter, scared they won't paint KB to look as far in the lead as you imagine in passing?? They haven't been live, so they have hardly none on their running, FWIW. Kelly has done what they asked...it still doesn't mean he actually produced the best stats of the 4. Seeing all 4 would at least let you see where they all are, not just the one they want to push as the starter for game 1. Seeing only his doesn't exactly tell you any more than you knew before it was posted. That's fact, like it or not.

Some of you really need to come into reality...hey guess what, I've posted numerous times in the last week on here that Kelly would be starter game 1....been posting it since last March. Even linked the March post. I'm not questioning them making him the game 1 starter...never have been.

You seem mad. Are you mad because the coaches know more about football than you or because noone on t-net cares that you are withholding your precious judgement? You are likely one of “those” fans who would boo a student athlete because you did not get your way

Aug 28, 2018, 2:39 PM

Eggttt...wrong...Alumni. I have no prejudices against any of them...I simply look at what his performances have been, 2015, 2016, 2017...see the similarity between all 3 years that the stats back up 100% (deep passing issues, which he was 25.6% completions on, that even another guy on this board showed just the other day that 67% of this very same board lacked confidence in only a year and a half ago), and saw the same in the spring game...and sorry, I don't just take word for it basing on non-live practices. I'll believe more in his "improvements" the minute I see it against a formidable FBS opponent...like maybe game 2.

Care to go for round 2??

Aug 28, 2018, 3:52 PM

Tigerman, no gives a crap about your opinion on who should start at quarterback. YOU HAVE NO SAY SO. God, your a PITA.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The propaganda is strong this year!

Aug 28, 2018, 12:13 PM

Hope our WRs get enough opportunities to put up some good numbers...

WRU can't have another year of perception that the coot WRs produced more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tim Bourret leaks KB's Scrimmage Stats

Aug 28, 2018, 12:13 PM

leaked alright. took it right from the coaches mouth from his news conference. fake news.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2018, 12:28 PM

Oh well Bentley and have thrown for over 400 yards and gone 32-32. #number1overallpick #GOAT

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2018, 12:32 PM

Is it considered leaking when the head football coach had announced those same stats at a press conference at or before it was tweeted???

:-p

I haven't listened to the press conference yet

Aug 28, 2018, 12:41 PM

Tim did give more precise figures than Dabo did.

Re: I haven't listened to the press conference yet

Aug 28, 2018, 12:45 PM

Fake News

Trevor Lawrence combined stats same scrimmages:

Aug 28, 2018, 1:26 PM

19-35 for 216, no TDs 1 int - Tim Bourret

Here's the link

Aug 28, 2018, 1:28 PM

https://twitter.com/TimBourret/status/1034490122325110785

Re: Here's the link

Aug 28, 2018, 3:01 PM

1. he didn't say who's that was...
2. Not be be the devil's advocate, but still isn't enough info...KB 4 TD's (run or pass)?? yes that matters. TL, no TD's (were the RZ play calls all runs for the RB's? yes, that'd matter too)
3. Hate to bring this up, but his info is already conflicting the coaches. So who are we to believe in this, Tim, or the coaches?

^ so he says it was 2 scrimmages, and mostly against the 1st string D.

https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Quick-Hits-Thursday-Scrimmage-Insider-Bryant-has-his-best-day-17128
https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Swinney-says-Bryant-had-his-best-day-in-Thursdays-full-scrimmage-17129
^Swinney said the first team defense didn't allow a score.
^Swinney says Bryant has multiple TD's in that same scrimage.

Hmmmmm...that conflicts with itself. So how did most of the numbers come against the first string defense, if they mostly seem to have been in the scrimmage in which Dabo said himself the first string didn't allow a score??

Aug 28, 2018, 3:07 PM

Seems he responded:
https://twitter.com/TimBourret/status/1034515308608987138

So he had 2 TD's per each one...so it's not 4 in one scrimmage.

Aug 28, 2018, 3:23 PM

He never said they were in one scrimmage. The original tweet clearly states the stats came from the two stadium scrimmages.

Aug 28, 2018, 3:25 PM

Right but he said "mostly came against"...that insiunutes he was against first string in both....reality is he wasn't...or it's saying that most of those stats were in the first scrimmage, not the second one Dabo said was his best (as seen, he says the other 2 in the 2nd were against the 2's).

Aug 28, 2018, 3:31 PM

You just misquoted him again. He said "many" not "most" achieved against the first team defense. In fact, his later quote set the number of TDs against the first team defense at half (no mention of the yardage).

https://twitter.com/TimBourret/status/1034515308608987138

Aug 28, 2018, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's the link ]

or, he says "many of those numbers achieved came against"...same thing. People would read that as if he played both scrimmages against the 1's, which the coaches already confirmed the second was never against the 1's. Actual is he produced half of the TD's against the 1's, half against the 2's. Now what we need to know...1. Wree they all passes, and 2. If so (which I'd assume not being live they likely were), were they behind the line screens, short 0-10 passes, 10-20 passes, or 20+. There was only a few areas he needed improvement in. You don;t think you'd want to know if any of them were in that or if they were in areas he already was doing fine in?

Aug 28, 2018, 3:35 PM

> Now what we need to know...

Not really. We don't need to know anything else. No matter how much data they provide, some people (like yourself) are going to second guess them. I trust the coaches to make the right decision and I believe them when they said they graded everything and KB came out ahead.

In addition, I happen to think it's quite likely that KB won't be the starter by the end of the season.

Aug 28, 2018, 3:42 PM

I wouldn't second guess if we knew that. You hear he's "made improvements", but you don't think that would show if he has. 2 TD's, both of them screens from behind the line of scrimmage...are you going to say that shows he's improved his 25.6% last year deep ball inaccuracy? Or a 5 yard pass to renfrow, and a 5 yard outside throw to Higgins, they run the rest...does that show he improved his 5.6 in the air average from last year? But would finding out both passes were a 20 yard pass into the endzone and a 35 yard pass to the 5? I think it does honestly matter. But hey, we'll see how it is...not against Furman obviously, as that's no better than him doing it vs Kent State.

Aug 28, 2018, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Here's the link ]

Also notice that in that Tigernet report, Dabo also said Trevor had a good day. Those stats are 54.2% completions, 0 TD's 1 INT...doesn't seem like that'd match Trevor if Dabo is saying he had a good day. Sounds more like Brice's.

What they say now!

Aug 28, 2018, 1:27 PM

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

people can come up with statistics to prove anything

Aug 28, 2018, 1:52 PM

Forfty percent of all people know that...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

In other news

Aug 28, 2018, 2:48 PM

https://www.captiongenerator.com/793712/Gamecock-Hitler-Clemson-Loss-Reaction

Isn't he retired?***

Aug 28, 2018, 3:20 PM

Aug 28, 2018, 3:26 PM

There won’t be any real statistics until about 3:45 pm Saturday.

And there truly won’t be any meaningful real statistics until about midnight September 8th. Let’s just relax and wait for the important stuff. 1-0, 2-0, ...

Fake news

Aug 28, 2018, 3:59 PM

One of the last Scrimmages 1st team O didnt face 1st team D

How many YAC on those plays?***

Aug 28, 2018, 9:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic