Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After a night to digest the news
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,833

After a night to digest the news

Jul 31, 2020, 2:22 PM

one thing just stick as out in my mind from all this.

It truly didn't have to happen

Clemson-SC didn't have to become a casualty of this mess. Neither did GT-Georgia, FSU-Flordia, Louisville-Kentucky, Iowa-Iowa St, Navy-Southern Cal, or any other non-conferrnce rivalry game.

When everything started going sideways in March when it came to sports, EVERYONE - from school AD's & presidents, to conference commissioners, all the way up to NCAA president Emmert - should've been hitting the phones & emails to come up w/ contigenciey plans out the ***. Developing an across the board baseline for testing, protocols, etc. To develop schedule plans in case didn't think the season would start on time or if a full 12-13 game schedule wasn't gonna be possible. Heck, just several weeks ago talking w/ some people I came up w/ a 10 game schedule in 10 minutes- play the scheduled conference games, keeps 1-2 non-conference games to preserve most of the non-conf rivalries & still be able to schedule games that would help the independents fill schedules, G5/FCS still receive a payday game, etc.

Instead of planning, using the time that they did have, what did those ppl do?

They stuck their heads in the sand & did nothing. Hoping that things would blow over & they wouldn't have to deal w/ it. & then when they realized it wouldn't, Emmert & the spineless NCAA deferred to the conference/schools. The conferences chose the "all about me, screw everyone else approach" & b/c of that, traditions will pay the price, smaller schools needing $ will pay the price. As much as I hate to say it, the ACC deserves some kudos for the +1 schedule as they did try to preserve the 4 OOC rivalries & would allow the other schools to work out something w/ G5/FCS schools in their states/geographic footprint (despite the whole ND deal). & for all the talk about trying to preserve the ACC-SEC in state rivalries, when it came down to it, South Carolina was the only one on the SEC side that stood their ground in trying to save the game when the other schools caved in to the west division members that only cared about their rivalries surviving so gotta tip my hat to them for that.

I hold out some slim margin of hope that the Palmetto Bowl finds a way to happem in 2020. Maybe the state lawmakers get involved like they did back in 1952 & force the issue. Maybe the two schools take the "better to ask forgiveness than permission" approach & just go for it: whether it be after the bowl games or if something happens in-season where a couple schools have an outbreak (God forbid) & the two sides just pick up the phone & say "hey why not just go for it?". Only time will tell.

As i said, it didn't have to be this way

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It also would've helped

Jul 31, 2020, 2:31 PM

if more people had taken this virus more seriously in terms of wearing a mask in public, avoiding large crowds, and staying home unless absolutely necessary.

So part of the blame is on fans too, many of whom are ironically mad that a more normal football season isn't happening.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

this whole thing will go away starting the second week

Jul 31, 2020, 3:01 PM

of November

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Bless you heart...

Jul 31, 2020, 3:31 PM

Although I hope it happens sooner...I think it would be fantastic if Covid were to somehow start to disappear around that time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thouht it was April and the warm weather.***

Jul 31, 2020, 7:03 PM [ in reply to this whole thing will go away starting the second week ]

same thing that has been hurting the basketball team

Jul 31, 2020, 3:03 PM [ in reply to It also would've helped ]

the idiot fans

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WRONG BORED, MORAN!***

Jul 31, 2020, 3:17 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: It also would've helped

Jul 31, 2020, 3:24 PM [ in reply to It also would've helped ]

I agree with what you say Judge, but there are still many idiots out there that actually believe that the covid 19 virus is some kind of conspiracy concocted by the world leaders to bankrupt the world. What good that would do for world leaders, they haven't come up with a reason how that was suppose to help anybody, especially the leaders. How would you get all the world leaders to even agree such a thing!!!! I'm guessing that maybe Daryl (AKA) BigFoot got in touch with the Martians to help carry out such a conspiracy!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

COVID is not fake

Aug 1, 2020, 5:44 PM

it's just been hyped up for an agenda.

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: After a night to digest the news

Jul 31, 2020, 2:49 PM

Hindsight is 20/20 when treading unknown waters

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After a night to digest the news

Jul 31, 2020, 3:14 PM

Well the NCAA should have hindsight since their leaders are bunch of stupid behinds

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Power 5 needs to break away from the NCAA for good. Only

Jul 31, 2020, 7:07 PM

reason they haven't is they don't want to give up that NCAA Basketball Tournament money. I think its time they did give up that money and start their own tournament. Before you know it all of the big time basketball players would be in the power 5

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,833
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic