Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's the problem with BLM and why I can't take them
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Here's the problem with BLM and why I can't take them

Jun 28, 2020, 7:35 PM

seriously. Just heard the head guy say (paraphrasing) "The problem with crime is that we treat it as something that needs to be treated with police, with force, instead of as a health crisis, which is what it is". Then he went to blame crime in the inner cities on our system of government. No accounting for personal responsibility or accountability. It's not only too much to expect people there not to commit crimes, we should expect it! It's OUR fault! It's more or less justified.

I'm serious, this is absolute nonesense. It's not-so-clever double speak and jibberish, yet this guy is given a platform, and allowed to spew this insanity on major networks as if he is somehow legitimate. We are the suckers of the world if we fall for this ####, and we deserve what we get.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

sounds like something he learned in...

Jun 28, 2020, 7:37 PM

Intro to Sociology

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But he doesn't represent BLM.

Jun 28, 2020, 7:38 PM

BLM is like the Black Panthers, a peace loving, community serving all inclusive and ready to help altruistic organization. They are always ready to help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's Hawk Newsome, chairperson of the Greater NY

Jun 28, 2020, 7:44 PM

chapter of BLM. Hey Hawk, how about obeying the law? See, this is where BLM is folks - black people can't be expected to obey the law, and it's our fault that they can't. I'm not joking. The government has no legitimate authority over them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

this where we run into a little trouble...

Jun 28, 2020, 7:48 PM

I have also seen where Hawk is the FORMER chairperson on this entity and that BLM has distanced themselves from him.

Nevertheless, whether he is with them or not, his craziness is not uncharacteristic of much of the illogical garbage I hear spewed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, that's a lot of trouble.

Jun 28, 2020, 7:58 PM

I was duped. A lot of misinformation out there, and I got bit.

- H. L. Mencken

I don't know if you got bit....

Jun 28, 2020, 8:04 PM

what he said I'm sure he meant.

I was just trying to save Felix some time.

As I look at the board, it further confirms how deeply divided we are. Right-leaning searching out stories too condemn the left. Left-leaning posting stories to condemn the right.

Heck, this Villages thing has been posted about 3 or 4 times today supposedly proving that Trump's retweeting it confirms he's a ######. Hey, if you didn't know Trump was a ###### by now I feel sorry for you.

However, a logical person could picture the scenario of crazy Trump finding a tweet of old people supporting him and retweeting it. Then, an hour or so later, getting a call from Don Jr., "Hey dad, did you hear the guy say "white power?" And puzzled Trump removing it.

But hey! If it gets people excited.

I didn't exactly search it out, I actually heard him on tv

Jun 28, 2020, 8:24 PM

as I was doing something else. But, I know what you mean, we are deeply divided. I think all sides need to listen to each other and understand that the truth is somewhere closer to the middle of the extremes. There is no doubt that black people in America feel disadvantaged and targeted, and experience racism of varying degrees that white people cannot comprehend; white people need to hear that and try to understand that. On the other hand, most white people can't understand that because most white people are not racists, and will fight to end racism; black people need to understand that. Any progress, any solutions must start there. I believe that Trump is missing a tremendous opportunity to bring the country together. I understand that it may be impossible in the current poison environment, but I think we have to try. It's one of my major frustrations with Trump.

- H. L. Mencken

Apologies if I implied you were seaarching it...

Jun 28, 2020, 8:47 PM

I was speaking in generalities.

Nwesome brings up legitimate concerns. The problem is he becomes irrational with his victim mentality and his rhetoric is so racially and politically charged he loses any credibility. He describes real problems but his cause and effect is off base.

The system is broken but I don't think the system is racist. As I say over and over racism is a problem with the heart. The problem is there are a lot of broken systems that contribute to this, many of them going back for centuries. The fact that these broken systems affect black people more disproportionately than other groups isn't necessarily because of contemporary racism.

And with that, I am not saying racism does not exist.

No problem, I knew what you meant.

Jun 28, 2020, 9:42 PM

Racism in America, including racial inequality, is a very real, very complex problem. It has to be confronted and weeded out. If we are looking for solutions, I have always maintained this: If we had a magic wand and could make racism totally disapear tomorrow, then give every African-American a million dollars, African Americans would continue to suffer almost all of the ills that affect their community unabated. There is absolutely no doubt that past racism created a lot of those problems, and still contributes to them in some small way. However, those problems are largely perpetuated and exacerbated by behaviors that only individual African Americans control. Blaming "the system", and attempting to fix that system is not a solution.

- H. L. Mencken

This is what he said about BLM of Greater NY

Jun 28, 2020, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Thanks, that's a lot of trouble. ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, I saw that.

Jun 28, 2020, 8:26 PM

But yes, some very dangerous ideas being given legitimacy here.

- H. L. Mencken

There is some real confusion about that. He has a FB page

Jun 28, 2020, 8:06 PM [ in reply to this where we run into a little trouble... ]

which shows him as "Chairman at Black Lives Matter of Greater New York". Maybe that's a lie, maybe thats a different organization from the original BLM. He's shown all over the internet from many different sources with that title. Either way, he's an activist being given a platform.

- H. L. Mencken

absolutely

Jun 28, 2020, 8:10 PM

I think maybe his title is self-proclaimed, but the Marxist woman who seems to be the defacto spokesperson for BLM says the New York chapter is not associated with her group.

It doesn't really matter IMO. I think the idea from the left is that this was an instance where FOX purposefully invited this lunatic to rant giving "false credentials" to undermine BLM.

And that very well could be.***

Jun 28, 2020, 9:28 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Yes, FORMER is correct because he was

Jun 28, 2020, 8:07 PM [ in reply to this where we run into a little trouble... ]

considered a provocateur(what you and I might call a loudmouth a-hole) by BLM leadership, that did not abide by their code of ethics or guidelines.

So why is he being paid by conservative media for his time?

Re: Yes, FORMER is correct because he was

Jun 28, 2020, 8:13 PM

Someone needs to designate a sarcasm emoji.***

Jun 28, 2020, 9:17 PM [ in reply to He's Hawk Newsome, chairperson of the Greater NY ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic