Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
this is why we need an 8 team play off..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

this is why we need an 8 team play off..

Dec 6, 2014, 9:56 PM

fsu is clearly not one of the top four teams in the nation but they will get in due to being undefeated as they should in this four team scenario..but they arent deserving of it..but at the same time you cant leave out an undefeated team from the power five

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is why we need an 8 team play off..

Dec 6, 2014, 9:59 PM

FSU or anyone else for that matter going undefeated is 100% deserving of a top 4 spot.

To say otherwise because they don't do it 'pretty' is ridiculous. A win is a win.

They're in the ACC, not the MAC. If we think an undefeated ACC team doesn't deserve a top 4 ranking we may as well disband the league.

the top four should be the top four..

Dec 6, 2014, 10:00 PM

fsu is in no way one of the top four teams in the nation at this time fact

Re: the top four should be the top four..

Dec 6, 2014, 10:03 PM

That's not a fact. That is an opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if they won it all.

i would they have looked like garbage in their wins***

Dec 6, 2014, 10:03 PM

You are just perpetrating the SEC espn spin that the ACC...

Dec 6, 2014, 10:12 PM

is so weak. As long as there are only four teams in the playoff, only the conference winners should even be considered for the playoff, and you #### sure better not leave out the only undefeated one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2014, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: the top four should be the top four.. ]

Agreed that is opinion and technically they are in fact one of the top four because the committee that determines that says they are 4

How exactly do you know this other than your subjective

Dec 6, 2014, 10:03 PM [ in reply to the top four should be the top four.. ]

Opinion. They played Oklahoma st, Florida, and Notre Dame out of conference. Name one team in the country that scheduled that out of conference

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How exactly do you know this other than your subjective

Dec 6, 2014, 10:17 PM

Lots of teams played three OOC that sucked.

Dec 6, 2014, 10:04 PM [ in reply to the top four should be the top four.. ]

No longer be a Clemson fan then, pointless to even play in a conference where an undefeated team is apparently not top 4 material. May as well disband our team.

You tell him, ClemsonFC!. Sometimes you can't fix stupid

Leaving an undefeated conference champion out. Ridiculous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bullshat Tigrfan....

Dec 6, 2014, 10:05 PM [ in reply to the top four should be the top four.. ]

Why is FSU not a top 4 team right now? You say "in no way" they are top 4 right now.

As the only undefeated team left I think you need to find a way to explain your "in no way" comment!

I'll hang up and listen...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

watching them play the past few weeks..

Dec 6, 2014, 10:05 PM

they do not look like a top four team

so if they win tonight...

Dec 6, 2014, 10:06 PM

...you'd be okay with them being left out of the playoff?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: watching them play the past few weeks..

Dec 6, 2014, 10:28 PM [ in reply to watching them play the past few weeks.. ]

Neither did OSU the year they beat Miami! A win is a win especially when everyone is gunning for you. I do not like them, but come on that could be us next year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you know that, no one has beaten them..

Dec 6, 2014, 10:07 PM [ in reply to the top four should be the top four.. ]

Every other team, except TCU, has lost to a middling or worse team.

People dog FSU for "playing bad" yet Bama

Dec 7, 2014, 3:08 AM [ in reply to the top four should be the top four.. ]

can give up 44 points and 630 freakin yds at home to a 4 loss Auburn team that just lost to A&M and got absolutely spanked by UGA and yet they're still clearly dominant. I'm not drinking that kool aid!

To say FSU isn't deserving of a spot in the playoff

Dec 6, 2014, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: this is why we need an 8 team play off.. ]

is absurd (if they win tonight). They will have beaten Clemson without their QB, beaten one of the better (and one of the hottest) teams in the country in Georgia Tech, beaten the only SEC team they played, beaten Notre Dame, beaten Oklahoma State (who beat Oklahoma tonight), beaten Miami and Louisville on the road, and oh yeah...beaten every other freaking team on their schedule, too.

That trumps any team with a loss. Not only should they make the playoff (once again, if they win tonight), they should be ranked number one. Why anyone argues this is beyond me.

And by the way, if they lose tonight, they're still a good, good team...but GT has got it absolutely rolling, and the Jackets are tough to play even when they're bad.

Re: To say FSU isn't deserving of a spot in the playoff

Yea if they lose i still put them over OSU . They lost to VT for crying out loud

Dec 6, 2014, 10:20 PM [ in reply to To say FSU isn't deserving of a spot in the playoff ]

OK, put your money where your mouth is. No. 4 FSU plays no. 1 Bama would you bet money on FSU?

Not me.

Dec 6, 2014, 10:25 PM

So what there are a lot of people who lost money because FSU didn't cover the spread. Also I'm sure some people didn't bet on them in other games. I wouldn't bet on them because I'm not a betting man. Betting is stupid looking at stats and making non monetary informed guesses is only reasonable. I reasonably think FSU could beat Bama. They have beaten everyone else.

Depends on the spread Charlie...***

Dec 6, 2014, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: To say FSU isn't deserving of a spot in the playoff ]

See..I don't think Bama is special at all. Yes--I'd

Dec 7, 2014, 2:55 AM [ in reply to Re: To say FSU isn't deserving of a spot in the playoff ]

take FSU over Bama.

Re: this is why we need an 8 team play off..

Dec 6, 2014, 10:19 PM

Mark this when clemson goes 13-0 and gets left out

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic