Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump: I was joking about drinking bleach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Trump: I was joking about drinking bleach

Apr 24, 2020, 2:36 PM

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-news-live-coronavirus-relief-bill-white-house-briefing-cases-twitter-a9481491.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Odd claim, as it was obvious he wasn't being

Apr 24, 2020, 2:38 PM

sarcastic, but I guess it's better than admitting he was talking ignorantly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it?

Apr 24, 2020, 2:40 PM

I dunno what the guy is saying any more. He's as bad as Biden.

Its weird to me in a culture that is obsessed with youth, our only choices for president are two > 70 year old dudes who have dementia.

Not sure what to make of that, either.

Apr 24, 2020, 2:47 PM

One reason it's a silly assertion that he was asking sarcastic questions of the reporters is that he was mainly talking directly to the doctors on his task force, not the reporters. He was asking Dr. Birx, not the reporters, about disinfectants and light, etc.

Re: Is it?

Apr 24, 2020, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Is it? ]

Boomers vote for Boomers. Clinton, W Bush and Trump were all born in 1946.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it?

Apr 27, 2020, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Is it? ]

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2020/04/25/one-year-ago-biden-announced-his-candidacy-heres-a-few-of-his-biggest-gaffes-n2567624

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a media source we can trust.

Apr 24, 2020, 2:39 PM

“I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you,” Trump said. “Disinfectant for doing this, maybe on the hands, would work. I was asking…when they use disinfectant it goes away in less than a minute.”

He added: “I was asking a very sarcastic question to reporters in the room about disinfectants on the inside…that was done in a sarcastic way.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-claims-he-was-being-sarcastic-about-disinfectant-comments

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: Here's a media source we can trust.

Apr 24, 2020, 10:13 PM

No, he wasn't. He was talking directly to Dr. Birx as well, "you're testing for that also, right?"

Re: Trump: I was joking about drinking bleach

Apr 24, 2020, 2:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I laughed so hard when I saw this that I farted

Apr 24, 2020, 3:23 PM

cant believe i haven't seen before

Re: I laughed so hard when I saw this that I farted

Apr 24, 2020, 3:35 PM

me too. I literally laughed out loud

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

And now your basketball shorts smell like pee and fart.

Apr 24, 2020, 3:47 PM [ in reply to I laughed so hard when I saw this that I farted ]

Do you ship anywhere in the continental US?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2020, 2:52 PM

He is so funny. He really knows when to be sarcastic and goof around. Only 50k dead and rising. Millions out of work. He is such an amazing leader. That's exactly what the country is looking for from our leader...sarcasm.

Apr 24, 2020, 2:52 PM

Hey Memphis or CT1988, what's the secret code here?***

Apr 24, 2020, 3:04 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BTW, has anyone heard from Memphis

Apr 24, 2020, 3:30 PM

since trump said this in his presser? I am starting to get a little worried.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BTW, has anyone heard from Memphis

Apr 24, 2020, 3:44 PM

He is busy deciphering Trump's coded speech.

Yet another lie from our Liar in Chief***

Apr 24, 2020, 3:55 PM

where did Trump say bleach?

Apr 24, 2020, 4:51 PM

this is where all this fake news comes into play

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: where did Trump say bleach?

Apr 24, 2020, 5:33 PM

xtiger said:

this is where all this fake news comes into play

TheRump is insane!

He will have no empathy for the suckers that poison themselves, based upon his recommendations.

And, Trumpers should be ashamed of yourselves for supporting this dangerous idiot.

He didn't say bleach...

Apr 24, 2020, 5:36 PM [ in reply to where did Trump say bleach? ]

but bleach is a common form of disinfectant.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ahhh, this is where you lose people

Apr 24, 2020, 6:23 PM

His comments were idiotic enough. You make #### up and it makes you look just as stupid.

I heard pelosi say trump told people to inject Lysol in their lungs. Huh?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See, what people are doing in response to him

Apr 24, 2020, 6:38 PM

is sarcasm. Pelosi is being sarcastic. The media shouldn't be, but sometimes are.

Well ..........

Apr 24, 2020, 6:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump lies.

Apr 27, 2020, 9:55 AM

He should have explained his questions instead of trying to excuse them. In fact, he may have been talking about these people when he questioned the use of UV to fight the virus inside the human body.

https://aytubio.com/healight/

UV was experimental to treat virus back in the early 1950s.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He said he was being sarcastic.

Apr 27, 2020, 10:00 AM

Which is it?

He lied.

Apr 28, 2020, 5:48 AM

There's some evidence of a scientific basis for UV and research into a medicinal means to kill the virus. In the 1950s blood was transferred from the body through a machine where it was 'purged,' with UV light then returned to the body. This wasn't something Trump dreamed up.

I am not excusing his ignorance, his lie about what he said or why he said it, neither am I excusing his horribly poor judgement for not explaining fully about the two concepts. He lied, there's no excuse, imo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is my main issue with him. he's more concerned with his

Apr 28, 2020, 11:18 AM

image than the good of the people. just own up to it...he was asking questions about something he'd been briefed on prior to going to the podium. His understanding seemed to be rudimentary, at best.

If he were honest, he'd have said, "I was not as well prepared for the briefing and didn't clearly articulate my questions to the doctors" or something.

Instead, he waffles, and continues to dig himself in a hole. We don't have time for this right now. I need someone that can LEAD the people, not try to cover their a** every step of the way.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

His followers have had to spin and cover for

Apr 28, 2020, 11:42 AM

him so many times he HAS TO be right all the time. In their eyes, he is right no matter what and there is absolutely no way he can be wrong.

He would do much much better in the polls and for the country if he would come out, say a calming we're all in this together and we hurt for those who have lost their lives speech, then leave.

Let the doctor's and experts hold the rest of the press conference and answer questions.

But he can't do that.

He HAS TO pick fights with the media, pat himself on the back, and ramble. Why because it's what his base wants and needs to fight reality.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I said he lied.

Apr 28, 2020, 5:10 PM

He was sincere in the briefing about UV treatments and most likely sincere about medicine to kill the virus. I'm satisfied that there is a foundation on which his speculation was built. His lie came after the fact. That's all you get from me. I'm not going to lie to try and dismiss Trump's lie.

I'm still praying for you.

Re: Trump would have done well to have returned to the...

May 2, 2020, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Trump lies. ]

source of UV and 'bleach,' treatments and given an honest report. He may have been repeating something from the pulmotect superoxide research which has been ongoing for decades now.

Superoxides are produced by the body to fight pneumonia which is the real killer when Covid enters the lungs. Superoxides and peroxides are produced by the human immune system and the medicine which goes into trials in the next month is believed to 'alert,' the human immune system to produce superoxides.

Trump screwed the pooch by not understanding the medicine and process well enough to discuss it so laymen can understand.

Re: Trump would have done well to have returned to the...

May 2, 2020, 9:53 AM

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS854US854&sxsrf=ALeKk038yYHkpvcyUC1a9bU2COoduC8cKg%3A1588425734419&ei=BnStXraAGcG5tQaU-a_wBg&q=pulmotect+superoxide&oq=Pulmotect+super&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgAMgUIIRCgAToECCMQJzoFCAAQgwE6BAgAEAM6BwgAEBQQhwI6AggAOgUIABDEAjoKCAAQgwEQFBCHAlDt0AFYhukBYOP-AWgAcAB4AIABtAGIAeUMkgEEMy4xMJgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic