Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
this SEC SEC #### is sickening
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

this SEC SEC #### is sickening

Jun 25, 2014, 11:50 PM

because otherwise I might be pulling for Vandy here. A school with no national titles bar one in something obscure. And I have no love for snobby Virginia. But the SEC SEC stuff just ruins it all

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this SEC SEC #### is sickening

Jun 25, 2014, 11:57 PM

My feelings as well. I used to dislike other ACC members so much I would want them to lose and yet route for a team like Vandy w no titles to win it all.

Money and greed has changed all that, with these huge TV contracts and private networks.

"Announcer just said the ACC drought lives on and the SECs dominance continues" why not just recognize Vandy for it, how disgusting ESecPN has become w their shameless promotion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, SEC money owns college sports***

Jun 26, 2014, 12:00 AM

ESPN owns college sports and is trying to own ALL sports.***

Jun 26, 2014, 10:14 AM

Jun 26, 2014, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Re: this SEC SEC #### is sickening ]

because the sec has won the nc in baseball 5 out of the last 7 years and the acc has not won one since 1955. what do you want them to do lie? just win one and shut them up!

Sure...

Jun 26, 2014, 8:32 AM

Last time I checked, the ACC won the football title and all espn talks about still is the greatness of the SEC. When the SEC loses, espn becomes the History Channel and just forces SEC glory days down your throat. Every other conference combined minus the SEC needs to win the titles in the big sports for the next 5 years straight before those goobers at espn will consider giving any other conference credit.

~JKB

nope

Jun 26, 2014, 9:36 AM

then they will stop broadcasting major sport and start showing track and field and other obscure sports that the SEC wins in.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the Pac 12 and SEC have both won 4 of the past 9

Jun 26, 2014, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: this SEC SEC #### is sickening ]

with 3 different teams from each conference winning. Fresno St. being the exception. I don't think the PAC-12 was mentioned a single time in this regard. The Pac-12 also has a significant more titles than any other conference. Not sure how you justify calling a conference dominant when another has equaled/bettered the other.-- it is definitely scripted self promotion.

"SEC SEC SEC" - It is unbearable here in MS

Jun 26, 2014, 10:21 AM

Most of my Facebook feeds from Miss State and Ole Miss fans/alum are filled with "SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC" crap.

If UVA had won I would not have cared enough to even post about it on Facebook. But then again, I'm not a deranged "SEC" fan.

Actual post from a MSU grad

Jun 26, 2014, 10:25 AM

Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!Vandy wins!
SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!

Re: Actual post from a MSU grad

Jun 26, 2014, 10:51 AM

do we really want them to scream about us as a conference not winning a nc since 1955? I think it is great that Virginia got to the final game but why would espn not mention that the sec has won the nc 5 out of the last 7 years? I understand that people hate the sec but to stop talk about them, you have to do what fsu did, simple, JUST WIN BABY! no excuses, or anything else like academics, recruiting or ect. win, win and win! bottom line.

My post is not about ESPN but SEC fans

Jun 26, 2014, 11:07 AM

They are beyond obnoxious

When FSU won I was glad, but I wasn't thumping my chest about it. You know why? It's not my team.

Re: My post is not about ESPN but SEC fans

Jun 26, 2014, 11:54 AM

but it is the conference we are in and lends us credibility as such. hopefully down the road it will help us with tv packages and more exposure and revenue. I realize we have to play these people and as such they are our hated rivals, but money and good publicity are our friends. anything to help US get better!

Jun 26, 2014, 10:22 AM

The only two teams I care about winning is Clemson and whoever plays the Coots. But now I find myself pulling for teams playing team SEC.

Hard to argue with their success!****

Jun 26, 2014, 12:00 PM

Jun 26, 2014, 2:29 PM

If I remember correctly all this “conference pride” crap didn’t start until about 1991 when the SEC expanded to 12 teams. Their move caused a ripple effect throughout CFB when longtime independents like FSU, Miami & Penn St. joined conferences. Before all this I watched games and pulled for or against teams based on my feelings for each individual team. Usually the team’s region, i.e. north, south, east, west determined who I pulled for, but sometimes just the perception I had for the particular team mattered more than anything. Most often I wasn’t even aware of what conference a team was a member of. Now I often pull for teams that I actually hate just because I don’t want to hear---SEC, SEC, SEC from the other members of that conference that have no other connection to that particular game.

I wish we could go back to the old days when team pride was based on your own individual accomplishments and not those of others who happened to belong to your conference.

Jun 26, 2014, 3:20 PM

Want to put a stop to it. Start winning against them.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic