Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCAA Investigates Johnny Football...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

NCAA Investigates Johnny Football...

Aug 4, 2013, 5:52 PM

Just saw this on sports center.

MIAMI -- The NCAA is investigating whether Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel was paid for signing hundreds of autographs on photos and sports memorabilia in January, "Outside the Lines" has learned. Two sources tell "Outside the Lines" that the Texas A&M quarterback agreed to sign memorabilia in exchange for a five-figure flat fee during his trip to Miami for the Discover BCS National Championship. Both sources said they witnessed the signing, though neither saw the actual exchange of money.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9537999/otl-ncaa-investigating-johnny-manziel-profiting-autographs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

dang..Clowney and Manziel have both gone and messed up...

Aug 4, 2013, 5:56 PM

gonna be ineligible for the season..;)

guess they should go ahead and give the trophy to Tajh...congrats Tajh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCAA Investigates Johnny Football...

Aug 4, 2013, 6:00 PM

What an idiot. How did he think he would get away with this?

The power of Satan and the Birmingham mob.... Any kind of

Aug 4, 2013, 6:05 PM

distraction they can induce to give the Bama boys an edge. What's so pathetic is ESPiN's role in playing it up. Wait till we hear about how tough their SEC schedule is. TAMU and LSU (both with bye weeks preceding) are their toughest competition and even with that, they play one the easiest schedules in the country based on last year's records. That's one way to defend against the HUNH.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't realize Saban was a democrat..............***

Aug 4, 2013, 10:26 PM

Aug 4, 2013, 6:14 PM

what really baffles me is the fact that he comes from a wealthy family. Why does he feel he needs to take money from people for autographs?

null

But he is in the SEC...

Aug 4, 2013, 6:19 PM

We know how it ends!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CRyan

Aug 4, 2013, 6:21 PM

I think its a game for him like "oh im geeting over on someone"

"God bless the child who's got his own"- type of thing.***

Aug 4, 2013, 6:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCAA Investigates Johnny Football...I have been told

Aug 4, 2013, 6:27 PM

that his winter semester of classes were all taken online. Clearly the young man is now too big to be bothered with trivialities like school. Makes you wonder if he is even doing any of this work

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The amount of cheating on online classes is unreal.

Aug 4, 2013, 7:03 PM

That needs to change.

Any online class that does not establish an official and monitored testing center is inviting cheating.

and then, of course, there's unc where

Aug 4, 2013, 7:37 PM

fake classes are held for athletes, no profs show up even if students did, grades are changed if a mistake is made and normal classroom policy is instituted, and the chair of the dept.--who's in league with the athletic department coordinating the entire charade --gets to retire with a hefty pension and every benefit you can imagine.

unc left fraudulent online classes in the dust years ago.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every online class I've taken doesn't involve tests.

Aug 5, 2013, 8:19 AM [ in reply to The amount of cheating on online classes is unreal. ]

It has papers and forum discussions.

There's something in these hills.

That too, but who really writes the papers? Who really

Aug 5, 2013, 10:19 PM

participates in the discussions?

I have been really shocked at the brazen cheating. And the cheaters don't give it a second thought.

Re: NCAA Investigates Johnny Football...I have been told

Aug 4, 2013, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: NCAA Investigates Johnny Football...I have been told ]

Lol, if I had to put money on it, I think its a VERY safe play to say he's getting illegal help. His daddy is probably taking the online classes for him. I also dont think there is any possible way that the Coot named Clowney actually goes to class, takes exams, and passes on his own. No way.

Aug 4, 2013, 8:54 PM

Great, now we get to hear ESPN talk about this for 5+ years straight. Honestly, who cares? I know I dont. I just want football.

Sometimes, people constantly in the limelight find a little

Aug 4, 2013, 9:20 PM

darkness does wonders for the soul...providing, of course, they know when to turn that switch off for a while. Seems like young Mr. Johnny Football may wish to start finding the switch....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2013, 9:40 PM

Did not take long to pick-up the SEC ways

The SEC is no worse than Tejus.

Aug 5, 2013, 7:36 AM

Matter of fact, no worse than what the ACC has become with the UNC and UM scandals. Big 10's got Sandusky and Pac's got USC and the pay to sign and play thing.

Overall, I'd say UNC is the worst cheating in my lifetime. Slipping a player a buck or two isn't nearly as bad as cheating for a diplomia. UNC didn't just allow them to cheat they designed and organized a program and system to facilitate cheating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But the NCAA is all about the $$$$$$$

Aug 5, 2013, 8:38 AM

not the student athlete's education
If a student athlete gets passing grades for a class that never was, takes steroids that's fine
Let a student athlete get a hat, bottle water or a ride to practice from a fan/coach, NCAA goes into all out tilt

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But the NCAA is all about the $$$$$$$

Aug 5, 2013, 8:40 AM

I bet they hate having to investigate anything. They've become just like government. If a violation is reported they have to investigate. They do nothing but pee on fires these days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what makes it worse if it is true..

Aug 5, 2013, 8:36 AM

dude comes from money he really had no need to break this rule.what a goof.its almost like he doesnt even want to play football at a&m any more

Re: what makes it worse if it is true..

Aug 5, 2013, 8:51 AM

Most of us poor folks think that the rich folks don't need money. How the devil do you think those folks got rich?

Greed is just as powerful a force as need! Perhaps the greedy have the luxury of turning down questionable opportunities. They gauge their wrongful activities by the probability of getting caught a little better than the poor. I guess they might be a little smarter but greed often overcomes them especially when great risk yields great rewards.

If this really happened to Johnny it's not because he needed the money but because it was there and the opportunity to take it and take the spotlight was too much tempting.

they've really been on Manziel's case the past few weeks***

Aug 5, 2013, 8:38 AM

he brings it on himself.***

Aug 5, 2013, 8:41 AM

Don't fret over Johnny.

Aug 5, 2013, 8:54 AM [ in reply to they've really been on Manziel's case the past few weeks*** ]

It's become clear he loves the attention. Just like the hollywood camera addicts he'll take negative media over no media any day of the week. Actually, I think we'll see the punk showing up everyday one was or the other.

We've read this book before. Nothing happened to Cam

Aug 5, 2013, 8:55 AM

Newton. And nothing will happen to Johnny Football. $EC media darlings will always get off scot-free.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Agreed. Evidence was found of

Aug 5, 2013, 10:29 AM

Newton's family soliciting money from Miss St, and nothing came of it.

Aug 5, 2013, 11:02 AM

The only thing I think might get Johnny dbag is that his family originally claimed the autographs were fake. If he originally said he signed them for free he could get away with it but changing the story makes things more interesting.

If he lied to the NCAA...

Aug 5, 2013, 10:48 PM

he's gone weather he took any money or not.

I saw a (joke) tweet earlier saying that the two informants were Boyd and Bridgewater. lol

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic