Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
why has the committee been pairing us with SC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

why has the committee been pairing us with SC

May 30, 2016, 3:23 PM

the past few years? don't get me wrong, I would love to knock them out and send them home, but I would much rather do it in Omaha.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

laziness.***

May 30, 2016, 3:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

You would think

May 30, 2016, 3:33 PM

they would want us to play in Omaha, I would imagine the TV ratings and ticket sales would be high

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You would think.... Really?

May 30, 2016, 8:11 PM

Did you see the stands in Durham y'day?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Because it's called a Regional for a reason.***

May 30, 2016, 3:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Because it's called a Regional for a reason.***

May 30, 2016, 7:48 PM

I haven't looked at the complete bracket, but are you saying that all the FL regional winners will pay each other, all the Texas winners will play each other, the Miss winners will play each other, etc?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because it's called a Regional for a reason.***

May 31, 2016, 9:03 AM

No, because the seedings don't work out and all of the national seeds are in the South/Southeast. But there are regional groupings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: why has the committee been pairing us with SC

May 30, 2016, 7:56 PM

would rather get it out of the way b4 cws
...their regional seems waaaay softer than ours - that's my question

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there are several of those

May 30, 2016, 8:03 PM

Fla-Fla State, Louisville-Vandy, TCU-TAMU....

I know the Florida teams get sick of playing each other, they play during the season just like we do. I know Vandy and Lville played each other about 2 weeks ago.

It would be fun to once in awhile play somebody like Ole Miss or LSU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they are simply trying to increase ticket sales and

May 30, 2016, 8:06 PM

Keep two teams from the same state from playing in Omaha. That's why FSU/Florida and Texas A&M and TCU are matched brackets. Louisville and Vandy are matched also due to proximity I'm sure.

Region is part of it, but avoiding conference matchups was probably the biggest factor this time.

May 30, 2016, 8:09 PM

4 SEC national seeds that they wouldn't pair SC with which left Miami, louisville, Texas tech, and Clemson. It wouldnt have really been fair to put them up against Miami or louisville since those are the 2 and 3 seeds and SC was right on thr bubble for hosting a super. The only logical choices were TTU (5 seed) and Clemson (7th) and I guess things just fit better for Clemson vs SC.

Re: Region is part of it, but avoiding conferences was probably the biggest factor this time.

May 31, 2016, 8:49 AM

It's also better for the away fans. I would never go to Lubbock. But I will n in Clemson if we play each other in h super regional.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: why has the committee been pairing us with SC

May 31, 2016, 8:39 AM

$$$. It's what drives the NCAA. Nothing to do with betterment of the student-athlete. They want Omaha to include the most geographical representations of the US that they can get. More market = more viewership = more advertisement dollars. If they cared, even in the least bit, about the student in student-athlete they wouldn't take years to complete investigations. One of the most corrupt organizations in America.

College baseball revenue is peanuts***

May 31, 2016, 8:44 AM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic