Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With Monte Lee being a Gamecock at heart........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

With Monte Lee being a Gamecock at heart........

Jun 5, 2015, 1:49 PM

at least we know he won't turn the job down like so many other coaches would. I totally suspect he will be the hire.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With Monte Lee being a Gamecock at heart........

Jun 5, 2015, 1:55 PM

Evidence of him being a "Gamecock at heart"?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Or evidence of the MANY that would turn it down ?

Jun 5, 2015, 1:58 PM

Not seeing that, just accusations from OP living in make believe land.LOLOLOL

Re: Or evidence of the MANY that would turn it down ?

Jun 5, 2015, 1:59 PM

He and Vivitz make a bunch of claims with no back up.

null

Jun 5, 2015, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Or evidence of the MANY that would turn it down ? ]

I have spoken to two coaches that were on most lists and three other prominent coaches or assistants who indicate that is exactly what they hear or feel.

Jun 5, 2015, 2:06 PM

Sure you have

null

you have no idea who Clemfan is

Jun 5, 2015, 2:14 PM

you should shut up now and stop embarrassing yourself.

Even though he doesn't visit the boards as much as he used to, you shouldn't doubt one word he types.

Re: you have no idea who Clemfan is

Jun 5, 2015, 2:23 PM

Well then he should hav eno problem showing how someone is a "gamecock at heart" other than saying he coached there.

Also I dont give a #### who he is. Right now he is just posting BS.

null

Maybe someone who has been close to the program...

Jun 5, 2015, 2:38 PM

..and close to college ball.

Regardless - someone posted an opinion...why others get all bent out of shape about it is the comical thing.

Don't agree w/ what he said, fine? Move along then, you don't know squat to say he is posting BS.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Maybe someone who has been close to the program...

Jun 5, 2015, 2:46 PM

He dindt post it as an opinion he posted it as a fact that Lee was a "Gamecock at heart"

I simply wanted some facts to back up that accusation.

null

and he did, so why are you carrying on after he providing you with supporting evidence***

Jun 5, 2015, 2:50 PM

Re: and he did, so why are you carrying on after he providing you with supporting evidence***

Jun 5, 2015, 2:52 PM

Please stop stalking and trolling me.*

Also saying he was a fan of the program doesnt make him a Gamecock at heart.

*This is a joke making fun of you and not serious.

null

Re: and he did, so why are you carrying on after he providing you with supporting evidence***

Jun 5, 2015, 2:59 PM

Vote no on Monte Lee, he will never be half the coach JL is/was. Former coot is icing on the cake. I'd go after tcu, Louisville(could be best fit), and Maryland hc's.

There is a sentament in charleston that one of the assistants is basically running the show. He's apparently the next big thing in college baseball.

Well instead of being a tool...maybe ask?

Jun 5, 2015, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe someone who has been close to the program... ]

Why do you say that? Do you have some inside knowledge or know him personally?

Instead...you attacked, acted like a 10 year old, and thus have been appropriately called out as an apparent ######.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong. Errors of youth.***

Jun 5, 2015, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: you have no idea who Clemfan is ]

Re: you have no idea who Clemfan is

Jun 5, 2015, 2:29 PM [ in reply to you have no idea who Clemfan is ]

Ok...well who is he? You're the second person to call someone out now in this thread "warning" of who Clemfan is. Enlighten us

Read his profile and the last name should tell you.

Jun 5, 2015, 3:05 PM

If you do not know the name, you don't follow Clemson baseball closely.
He is extremely well informed of our program and college baseball in general.

Scuba diving enganeers get no respect***

Jun 5, 2015, 3:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

if anyone has coach contacts here, it would be clemfan***

Jun 5, 2015, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Or evidence of the MANY that would turn it down ? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even i gave this thumbs up. Too funny!!*******

Jun 5, 2015, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Or evidence of the MANY that would turn it down ? ]

TCI, even with their hurt feelings over Jack's dismissal

Jun 5, 2015, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Or evidence of the MANY that would turn it down ? ]

are reporting coaches agents are already calling.

Re: TCI, even with their hurt feelings over Jack's dismissal

Jun 5, 2015, 2:13 PM

What that is not possible!

Clemfan and vivitz said no one would come and we would get a girls middle school softball coach

null

So a couple that wouldn't interested BECAUSE

Jun 5, 2015, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Or evidence of the MANY that would turn it down ? ]

they are in better situations that wouldn't take the job ,no matter what the situation with Jack's dismissal was and a couple more that wouldn't be called at all, so they voice their opinions after the fact ? Not the many that were claimed.

A couple of things, I'm a Jack fan, wanted to see him get another year with the facilities and the new scholarship benefit of allowing In state tuition for out of state players. Something happened in the meeting that made DRAD decide to part ways. It happens, time to move on and not act like no one will ever take the job.Meanwhile , we can still celebrate what Jack did while he was here.

Another note, if DRAD hadn't already talked to his top prospects BEFORE the decision was made, he might not be the AD we need.Notice,I said IF and that's a BIG IF.

If Drad was talking to coaching candidates before he fired Leggett then he is classless...

Jun 5, 2015, 2:46 PM

and needs to be replaced immediately.

Soory, it's a business.

Jun 5, 2015, 2:50 PM

If DRAD dismissed a HOF coach instead of giving him another year without a plan, that's bad business.

Strongly disagree. You don't make a move to dismiss someone

Jun 5, 2015, 3:56 PM [ in reply to If Drad was talking to coaching candidates before he fired Leggett then he is classless... ]

without having pretty much knowing who the replacement will be. To do otherwise is Russian roulette. Previous poster is absolutely correct.

Jun 5, 2015, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Or evidence of the MANY that would turn it down ? ]

Clemfan,you are correct but maybe he can change colors.
Didn't we hire our soccer coach from usuc? wasn't he
the usuc asst.coach? Correct me if i am wrong.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2015, 2:43 PM

Noonan was hired from Brown.

null

Jun 8, 2015, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Or evidence of the MANY that would turn it down ? ]

yeah right. tnet poster hangin with coaches lol

Jun 5, 2015, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: With Monte Lee being a Gamecock at heart........ ]

Background like this has always been enough for most people on Tigernet:

Lee spent six seasons as an assistant at South Carolina under head coach Ray Tanner. He served as the Gamecocks' recruiting coordinator in his last season.

Jun 5, 2015, 2:01 PM

So I guess we should fire Brad Scott from his position since apparently he is a "Gamecock at heart".

Once again do you have any real evidence of that accusation other than that BS.

null

Jun 5, 2015, 2:04 PM

That was exactly the rallying cry of many here on TigerNet but that was quite a bit before your time

Jun 5, 2015, 2:06 PM

And those people were just as wrong about him as your are here.

So congrats.

Once again do you have any real evidence...

Ill be waiting.

null

Don't argue with these "fans"....

Jun 5, 2015, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: With Monte Lee being a Gamecock at heart........ ]

the fact you and your entire family have been involved with college baseball....especially Clemson baseball....for decades wouldn't matter in the least to them. They're obviously much well versed collegiate baseball.

Its widely known that Lee is and has been a fan of Tanner and the gamecocks and considers Tanner something of a mentor. He's as much said so to the media in Charleston about every time the chickens come to town for a game with CofC....and if it matters a whit, I've been told that Lee was approached by Clemson (at least his rep was) to gauge his interest in the job several weeks ago

Of course, I know far less about the game than Clemfan.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't argue with these "fans"....

Jun 5, 2015, 2:09 PM

Good point Jim and thank you. I do need to sit it out for a bit.

117's mom is probably going to want him to come out of the basement soon anyway to do chores or something.

Jun 5, 2015, 2:12 PM

Ah yes the whole "basement" retort. Have any other elementary school level responses?

Fact is your only evidence of this claim that you have thrown out is that "he coached there!!!"

GMAFB.

I am sorry that you had some emotional attachment to Jack Leggett and put him above Clemson but your debbie downer spamming of the board is pathetic.

null

I think he did '117

Jun 5, 2015, 8:45 PM

He is walking away after setting fire to yourass. Will you please quickly burn out so the wind can carry away your paper-like embers?

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: I think he did '117

Jun 8, 2015, 2:52 PM

Hey look my little pathetic sad stalker Dr #######...

He actually left after getting pissy due to the simple fact he was unable to exaplain to me how Lee was a "gamecock at heart"

Sorry you were too stupid to see this.

null

Jun 5, 2015, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Don't argue with these "fans".... ]

All I am asking for is evidence of this so called "Gamecock at heart" I dont think that is too much to ask.

Saying he coached there is not evidence of him being a "gamecock at heart".

I dont think me wanting evidence about an accusation like that is too much to ask.

null

he did provide evidence...

Jun 5, 2015, 2:37 PM

He pointed out he coached there and how he has told the media how much he likes the gamecocks baseball program. Even when people provide evidence you still foolishly claim the opposite.

Re: he did provide evidence...

Jun 5, 2015, 2:45 PM

"He coached there" is not evidence of strong wording such as "Gamecock at heart".

null

funny how you are ignoring the part about Monte Lee...

Jun 5, 2015, 2:48 PM

Telling the media how much he likes the gamecocks program.

Does heated bats ring any bells?***

Jun 5, 2015, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: With Monte Lee being a Gamecock at heart........ ]

Agreed - Seems to be a no brainer to me.

Jun 5, 2015, 2:11 PM

The only one I can see that would be ahead of him is Sullivan, but I don't see him leaving FLA even though I've heard he may indeed be interested. I don't even pay much attention when other names are thrown out there. We'll see though; I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to College baseball coaches.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re Monte Lee would not be my choice. . DRAD is doing

Jun 5, 2015, 2:19 PM

hiring and his butt will be in the sling, I hope he does better than he has done with his other hires. Of course , with the way he likes liberal long term contracts, he should have no problem filling the position..

Re: Re Monte Lee would not be my choice. . DRAD is doing

Jun 5, 2015, 2:44 PM

WE HIRED DRAD WHO WAS AN EX-GAMECOCK , HE WAS ALSO AT GA TECH WHEN THEY WENT ON PROBATION . I DON'T KNOW OF ANY INVOLMENT HE MAY HAVE HAD IF ANY.

I have no idea if there is any validity to your statement or

not. If it is true, we flat don't need his @$$. Anybody that thinks this position is not attractive is full of it. These idiots spewing no long term security, wnat a laugh. 2 head baseball coaches in 58 years. I think that the number of quality candidates actively seeking the job will manifest itself over the next week.

these coaches aren't fans at all.....this is a job

many coaches have worked for rivals on both sides...they don't care like fans...this is simply a job. If it's a job they believe they can win at a particular school they go....it's not about the colors, mascot, blah blah blah...it's a job

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: these coaches aren't fans at all.....this is a job

Jun 5, 2021, 2:02 PM

exactly...

null

Someone here posted a tweet from a coach

Jun 5, 2015, 2:46 PM [ in reply to these coaches aren't fans at all.....this is a job ]

That said he wants no part of Clemson's job based on him being a FAN of Jack Leggett. I think it was a Michigan coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Someone here posted a tweet from a coach

Yea the coach that has a 129-154 record currently.

null

wow...going to miss out on a real winner there....***

Jun 5, 2015, 2:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I stand amended.

Jun 5, 2015, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Someone here posted a tweet from a coach ]

some one posted a tweet yesterday from A coach who is 129-154 said he wanted no part of the Clemson job because he is a FAN of Jack Leggett. I think it was a Michigan coach.

If overall records matter, Jack would still be here. Right?

Jun 5, 2015, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Someone here posted a tweet from a coach ]

It seems to be what have you done lately. Maybe he has been winning recently.

Re: As the old pol, said ' give me a $10 bill, a plate of

Jun 5, 2015, 3:59 PM [ in reply to these coaches aren't fans at all.....this is a job ]

bbq and 15 minutes, I , guarantee you, that I can change their minds.'

Monte Lee is a Baseball Coach at Heart!.

Monte Lee has done a great job at CofC and was an excellent assistant coach with Tanner and his bantam Chickens that won the Titles. I do feel he would be a fine addition to Clemson as the Head Baseball Coach. Sometimes in our small State we all have paths that cross. I can guarantee he will probably get even more pleasure in winning against our In-State Rival if he does get the Job. If he doesn't get it he will get a very good Head Coaching Job somewhere soon. And he is not unhappy at CofC, but if opportunity presents itself you know he will be thinking of his Family also. Good Luck to the Search Committee.

Jun 5, 2015, 2:55 PM

I agree with Clemfan 99% of the time. I certainly agree with him regarding Jack's termination being BS. But I would not be so down on Monte Lee. Monte Lee played baseball at Spartanburg Methodist and the College of Charleston, so to that extent he is not a SC or Clemson guy. He was initially a volunteer assistant at SMC before becoming the volunteer assistant at SC. I'm sure he just as easily could have been an assistant at Clemson had that opportunity presented itself. But, when you're a young coach you go where the job is, and you stick with it until another opportunity presents itself.

I am not going to pretend to know the guy. I initially met him when he was an assistant at SMC. Our paths crossed again when my son was going through the showcase and recruiting process. I was always impressed with the guy, But, I will admit that much of what I "know" about the guy comes from mutual friends. Everything I have seen and heard makes be believe he would do a good job and represent Clemson well. And I know for a fact that he has been interested in the Clemson job, should it ever come open, for several years. That has been pretty much common knowledge. That doesn't sound like a rabid to the bone Gamecock to me. And don't hold me to this, but I swear I think he was a Clemson fan as a kid. But, maybe that's my fading memory.

> at least we know he won't turn the job down like so
> many other coaches would. I totally suspect he will
> be the hire.

Thanks for some sanity in an insane thread.

Jun 5, 2015, 3:25 PM

Although Lee might not be my first choice, you make some very valid points.
I am surprised Billy McMillon doesn't get some mention.

Re: Thanks for some sanity in an insane thread.

Jun 5, 2015, 3:56 PM

Probably because he doesn't have any experience with the college game. Managing at the minor league level is a much different job than coaching at the college level. Frankly, there's not a whole lot of true coaching done at the minor league level. They also don't have to worry about recruiting, financial limitations, admission requirements, grades, APR, idiot fans, etc.

> Although Lee might not be my first choice, you make
> some very valid points.
> I am surprised Billy McMillon doesn't get some
> mention.

A lot of people are gamecocks until they go to school

Jun 5, 2015, 9:24 PM

at Clemson. Once they become part of Clemson, all that filth goes away.

Like being reborn.

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic