Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was in Atlanta when we played LSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

I was in Atlanta when we played LSU

Jan 5, 2020, 12:03 PM

and won't forget the arrogance their fan base had toward us. It seems most games our opponents fans are pretty inquisitive and seem open to talk to us about the game. Not them. I recall a group that felt insulted to have to play us and dismissive of our program in general. Seems that hasn't changed.
I hope we humiliate them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is the truth

Jan 5, 2020, 12:04 PM

definitely one of the worst fan basses, maybe the worst besides our various rivals with a long history

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is the truth

Jan 5, 2020, 12:36 PM

Me thinks worse. Little bro has been blown into oblivion. They're a one hit wonder that we had to give them the recipe on how to beat bammy.

They were very fortunate to beat their daddy this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2020, 11:01 PM

That's not exactly correct. Actually, that game was made to look closer than it actually was. Alabama scored on a surprise blown coverage when the game clock was literally ticking down to zero. What was about to be a 13 point victory ended up being a 5 point victory with a last ditch on side kick to make it look a lot closer than the game actually Was. To be honest the game was played more like a 20 point win for LSU in terms of which team dominated. The score would not be a good indicator. Burrow passed for almost 500 yards. I'm just saying, don't think the score meant the game was close; it was not.

Jan 6, 2020, 12:27 AM

I watched some of the game and Alabama played like dog poo poo. Not a win LSU should use to prove their superiority

Jan 5, 2020, 5:51 PM [ in reply to this is the truth ]

Just call them, corndogs. I hear that hate being called that

4th & 16

Jan 5, 2020, 12:18 PM

??

there's that "16" again.

Jan 5, 2020, 12:33 PM

nm

Re: I was in Atlanta when we played LSU

Jan 5, 2020, 12:43 PM

The feeling you are describing isn't unique to Clemson or LSU. Don't feel as though Clemson is alone in feeling disrespected. This is college football. Teams that consider themselves "blue bloods" feel like they deserve a certain level of respect. There will always been a certain segment of every fan base that will refuse to give us that respect. Clemson fans are no different. Don't fool yourself in thinking that we are different. We are not. We have goof balls too.

Jan 5, 2020, 1:02 PM

Yes, we do, and multiple of them post on this board too often! Those folks send too much time trying to verbally describe our team's superiority. Fortunately for CU fans, Dabo & staff teach humility and good sportsmanship. That is hard to accomplish with young athletes you are preparing for big games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure I understand that

Jan 5, 2020, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I was in Atlanta when we played LSU ]

I was strictly speaking from the experience I had in person with their fan base. Not an isolated experience it was an overwhelmingly full blown experience. I've been around many moons and experienced many fan bases at home and away. LSU took the cake walking away with their arrogance. JMHO.....

I agree with your post a bit.................

Jan 5, 2020, 1:25 PM

They didn't think we belonged on the field with them and were 99.9% sure they were going to kick our A.

That being said we had a great time at the bar with those Cajuns. Take away the football stuff and it was a party.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Sister was at that game

Jan 5, 2020, 1:26 PM

Narrowly missed by a rock thrown by LSU Fans. White Trash Fan base.

Jan 5, 2020, 1:34 PM

I think as always, it depends on who you come across. I was at that game, and had a positive experience with all the LSU fans that I came in contact with. In fact, we had a few LSU fans sitting around us that were surrounded by Clemson fans. One lady Clemson fan kept telling the LSU fans to stop cheering for LSU because they were in the Clemson section.

These LSU fans were simply being fans and cheering when their team made plays, and not being obstructive about it at all, but this lady kept getting angry at them. Eventually a drunk male Clemson fan stood up and got in the faces of the LSU fans and told them that they had already been told to sit down and shut up, and that they shouldn't have been sitting in the Clemson section if they wanted to cheer. A couple of us took up for them and said they were just being fans and had the right to do so, but they basically just sat and stayed mostly quiet out of fear for the rest of the night.

I'm sure to those fans they would say that we have some of the worst fans ever. It all just depends on who you deal with.

My experience in New Orleans with a LSU fan back in 2010

Jan 5, 2020, 2:14 PM

I was at a conference in New Orleans and went to the French Quarter one evening with colleagues. We were at one of the watering holes on Bourbon Street, can't remember which one, and I was wearing my Clemson t-shirt. A guy in a LSU shirt comes up to me and just started talking crap about Clemson. He was a piece of work talking about how Clemson was a shat program and that we were no football school even though we thought we were. He said I should be embarrassed to wear that shirt. He went back to where he was sitting and would occasionally shout insults about Clemson out loud for me to hear them. A real d!ckhead. Being that I was on business with people I work with I refrained from going at with him. The Peach Bowl in 2012 made me very happy and I thought about him. Kicking LSU's azzes in the championship game will be far sweeter. Regardless, that azzhat has now seen what a real football program looks like the last seven years and its Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2020, 2:29 PM

Tennessee was exactly the same way when we played them in the Peach...inspire of reality, they would likely still act that way.

Jan 5, 2020, 2:48 PM

I was too , stayed in the team hotel .
There was a great family of LSU fans a couple of doors down from me and they were very cool , complimentary of what Clemson had at that time . They assumed that since we'd lost to the Coots that we weren't even going to challenge them. What a game . One of the best finishes in Tiger history .
The dad and I had coffee the next morning before checkout and he congratulated us , said that he believed that we would only get better . He wasn't wrong , huh ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Ohio States were very arrogant and to a lesser degree Alabama

Jan 5, 2020, 3:01 PM

Fans too. I fully expect LSU fans to be arrogant but they have not earned a #### thing to make them this way. We are the ones in 4th title game in 5 years and going g for 3 out of championships NOT THEM. Remind this to these imbeciles.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too...in 1996.

Jan 5, 2020, 4:43 PM

Back before teams had “fan bases”....they just had fans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2020, 5:19 PM

Vagisil will clear that right up.

Jan 5, 2020, 11:12 PM

We were at that game. Nasty and rude bunch. Never had respect for them or their fans after that. I try to get along with anyone, but I quit trying with those ijits.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 12:07 AM

https://oklahoman.com/article/5650515/college-football-playoff-ou-fans-recall-the-horrors-of-lsu-fans-at-the-sugar-bowl

I came across this while trying to do a little research. If it’s a true representation of LSU, I have no desire to go anywhere near them.

So yelling "Tiger Bait" in your face is their big schtick?

Jan 6, 2020, 10:16 AM

Wow, they must be proud of that tradition....bunch of dummies

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic