Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
good news UDPs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

good news UDPs

May 15, 2020, 8:48 AM

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/14/white-house-would-likely-support-a-new-round-of-stimulus-checks-sources-say.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

woohoo, just go with Yang's idea already!***

May 15, 2020, 8:57 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bad news is, checks that size aren't much help for LDPs....

May 15, 2020, 11:55 AM

Lower Deck Poors. You know who I'm talking about. People who make just enough money to be heavily leveraged. A big fat mortgage on that $400K house. His & hers Range Rovers in the garage. Two kids in private school. Maybe a boat and a couple jet skis. They like to flaunt their nouveau riche status, but they're much closer to financial disaster than the guy who has a paid off double wide and a couple of beaters. LDPs miss a few paychecks and they're freaking out, and $1200 ain't a drop in the bucket...

I think we all probably know some folks like this. I know I do. And yes, they're the ones I see on Facebook raising the most hell about the Dems destroying the economy on purpose, COVID is fake news or totally overblown, their Constitutional rights are being trampled. Open everything up right damm now, and if it kills some old folks, who cares. They've been freaking out from get go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

$400K house? lulz

May 15, 2020, 12:12 PM

What hood is that in?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$400K gets a nice house around here but in your area,

May 15, 2020, 12:15 PM

I would imagine things are alot different.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It'd get a nice condo

May 15, 2020, 12:16 PM

with a $500-$800/month regime fee.

But yeah, $400k doesn't buy much house in 29464.

This is $435k

May 15, 2020, 12:25 PM

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/566-Sand-Trap-Dr-York-SC-29745/152127878_zpid/

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice looking house. Big lot.

May 15, 2020, 12:33 PM

Personally, I'd have no use for something that big. My wife would just fill it up with junk, and if it were down here we'd end up being a hotel for all her relatives (we had that happen before in a bigger house we had). And I sure don't want carpet in it. Not sure I'd want that much yard to deal with either, but everybody has somethin' I guess.

there's plenty unless you're talking about waterfront, then

May 15, 2020, 4:18 PM [ in reply to $400K house? lulz ]

yeah, all bets are off. LOL. I wouldn't be ashamed to live in this humble little shack. Listed at $445K, probably get it for less, depending on seller's situation.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/864-Fountain-Ln_Mount-Pleasant_SC_29464_M62234-86204?view=qv

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1) 2 stories 2) carpet 3) HOA

May 15, 2020, 4:30 PM

I hope to never do any of those again.

I understand. But carpet can be replaced rather cheaply. And

May 15, 2020, 7:03 PM

I just have no desire to be house poor in an extremely overpriced housing market. I love the ocean, but I just can't deal with the traffic, tourists, yankees, and all that. To each his own. I like my quiet little setting here is Simpsonville. At the end of a cul-de-sac, all my neighbors are retired, and zero noise, hassles or traffic issues. Nothing but woods behind my house, and I routinely see deer, rabbits, red fox, owls, hawks in my yard. I'd rather live here and take visits to the coast, than live there and deal with that 24/7. There is no right or wrong answer, just people being different.

edit: Having said all that, I have a friend who bought there in the late 90s and recently sold. His house had tripled or more in value. He made out like a bandit. Bought a house on Keowee and couldn't be happier. Happy he bought there when he did, and happy to be gone. Made a ton of money on his house and it made his retirement a much easier decision.

people come and go.

May 16, 2020, 12:47 AM

I've left twice; last time I would have stayed in Clemson but my wife wanted to come back. I should have stayed.

There are pluses and minuses of everywhere; personally, I'd rather be living on a Caribbean island or a little concrete block shack in the keys thats walking distance from crappy bar somewhere, but right now, I don't have that choice to make. Maybe one day.

I just hope I'me never forced (because of a job) to live somewhere like Northeast Columbia, or Alpharetta. Those places are terrible. Columbia is, well, Columbia, and Alpharetta is so generic it could be anywhere in the country, and be the exact same.

LMFAO... got a thumbs down. As they say... Found one!!!

May 15, 2020, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Bad news is, checks that size aren't much help for LDPs.... ]

Bit dog hollers. I knew of course this post would probably not be popular. We got several humble braggers on here. Some who no doubt fall into this category.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic