Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love how coordinated this is.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 256

I love how coordinated this is.

Sep 27, 2018, 6:42 PM

I wonder if the Dems printed out paper notes or sent out a group text saying to ask him ad nauseum if he would authorize an FBI investigaton?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Almost as coordinated as the "you're not a gang raper, are

Sep 27, 2018, 6:46 PM

you?" Q's from the Republican side. Of course, one side of that is asking for further non-partisan judicial inquiry and the other is playing the repetitive political game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, asking the person whose responsibility it ISN'T to

Sep 27, 2018, 6:49 PM

call for an FBI investigation when the FBI has already refused to investigate, saying it wasn't their role, is completely non-partisan and useful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not the FBI's role to initiate this type of inquiry.

Sep 27, 2018, 7:15 PM

It is certainly within their purview however as it is the FBI that runs SCOTUS background checks.

Why are so many of you afraid of a non-partisan expanded background check into this? Why does Kavanaugh say he's open to any investigation yet not do what Dr. Ford did and simply answer a question without going through a repetitive diatribe? I would feel a lot better knowing 1 of 9 SCOTI isn't a privileged little snake that is lying about something to stay out of trouble. Wouldn't you?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You seem to be missing much about the FBI's role.....

Sep 27, 2018, 7:21 PM

"On Thursday, Feinstein announced that she had referred the matter to the F.B.I. “I have received information from an individual concerning the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court,” Feinstein said. “That individual strongly requested confidentiality, declined to come forward or press the matter further, and I have honored that decision. I have, however, referred the matter to federal investigative authorities.”

In a statement, an F.B.I. spokesperson said, “Upon receipt of the information on the night of September 12, we included it as part of Judge Kavanaugh’s background file, as per the standard process.”"

That's their role in this...that's what they do for situations like this. You either don't know it, or worse, know it and are using it as a stall tactic and/or false "why are you afraid?" tactic. It's so transparent it's not funny.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/a-sexual-misconduct-allegation-against-the-supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaugh-stirs-tension-among-democrats-in-congress

Again. Not their job to initiate for a SCOTUS background

Sep 27, 2018, 7:30 PM

check. Would they have done any investigation into Kavanaugh without the direction of the Senate and Executive branch to begin with? Of course not. That's why it is still up to those two bodies to request this next step.

Going back to original question before deflection, are the Republicans not showing obvious signs of the coordination you derided Democrats for with their orations?

Lou........buddy...........friend...........

Sep 27, 2018, 7:38 PM

"That's why it is still up to those two bodies to request this next step."

It WAS requested....by a SENATOR.....Feinstein referred it to them, and they responded the way they were designed to. If any Senators want to request further investigation, they can...at any minute they please.

To answer your other question which I didn't realize I was "deflecting" (LOL) on...no, there was no Republican coordination. They're not smart enough. They planned on letting their hired atty question him and probably changed their mind during a break, called an audible, and did the equivalent of kids drawing up a football play in the dirt.

;)***

Sep 27, 2018, 7:45 PM

Dude, the FBI thing is an obvious ploy to stall things

Sep 27, 2018, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Almost as coordinated as the "you're not a gang raper, are ]

The FBI wasn't going to do anything the committee's investigators didn't already do. Nobody really believes the FBI was going to find anything new, even if it would somehow look like a less partisan investigation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there's only like 5 people at the fbi who investigate things

Sep 27, 2018, 6:59 PM

and 4 of them have been fired for cause

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The FBI already investigated half a dozen times.

Sep 27, 2018, 7:20 PM

Imo, the late allegations against him played out for Kavanaugh. The allegations fell apart one by one and the refutation of Ford's claim by those handful of witnesses she originally claimed verified her story was the icing on the cake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love how coordinated this is.

Sep 27, 2018, 9:18 PM

would you prefer all of our senate hearings be unplanned and disorganized, or just the Dems?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 256
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic