Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Amazing truth by former police officer....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 533

Amazing truth by former police officer....

Jun 6, 2020, 2:57 PM

https://thescoop.us/watch-former-police-officer-delivers-incredible-response-to-black-lives-matter-protesters-and-virtue-signaling-white-people/amp/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another isolated anecdote

Jun 6, 2020, 3:14 PM

Re: Amazing truth by former police officer....

Makes way too much sense for many to accept. Hypocrites know it’s true. Most are not in the streets about George Floyd. Some are to be sure but other agendas are being put forward.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“I’ve got a question for you protesters out there,” says Tatum at the beginning of the video. “I’ve got a question for you SJWs out there. For all you people that are putting that little black box on your Instagram. I’ve got a question for you. What have you accomplished? What has been accomplished by your virtue signaling? What has been accomplished by all of your protesting and looting and vandalizing property? What have you accomplished?”

Whale....
Within 10 days of sustained protests:

• Minneapolis bans use of choke holds.

• Charges are upgraded against Officer Chauvin, and his accomplices are arrested and charged.

• Dallas adopts a "duty to intervene" rule that requires officers to stop other cops who are engaging in inappropriate use of force.

• New Jersey’s attorney general said the state will update its use-of-force guidelines for the first time in two decades.

• In Maryland, a bipartisan work group of state lawmakers announced a police reform work group.

• Los Angeles City Council introduces motion to reduce LAPD’s $1.8 billion operating budget

• MBTA in Boston agrees to stop using public buses to transport police officers to protests.

• Police brutality captured on cameras leads to near-immediate suspensions and firings of officers in several cities (i.e., Buffalo, Ft. Lauderdale).

• Monuments celebrating confederates are removed in cities in Virginia, Alabama, and other states.

• Street in front of the White House is renamed "Black Lives Matter Plaza.”

• Military forces begin to withdraw from D.C.

Then, there's all the other stuff that's hard to measure:

• The really difficult public and private conversations that are happening about race and privilege.

• The realizations some white people are coming to about racism and the role of policing in this country.

• The self-reflection.

• The internal battles exploding within organizations over issues that have been simmering or ignored for a long time. Some organizations will end as a result, others will be forever changed or replaced with something stronger and fairer.

Yep and blacks will continue to kill other blacks

Jun 6, 2020, 3:19 PM

And BLM will be nowhere to be found....

That’s such a gross fallacy. The group exists to call

Jun 6, 2020, 3:32 PM

attention to unjust violence by police, a man bites dog thing that shouldn’t exist.

You’re pretending to know how communities are mourning the loss of their sons, daughters, brothers, sisters and friends while not actually engaging or speaking to anyone in those communities. You’re telling the players you cheer for on Saturdays you don’t believe them.

Drive to downtown Greenville or anywhere else there’s a protest and start that dialogue.
You won’t be hit by a brick and you actually may learn something.

You’re making my point exactly

Jun 6, 2020, 3:43 PM

Why doesn’t BLM protest black on black crime also?

I’m not making your point at all. You’re just incapable of

Jun 6, 2020, 3:47 PM

listening.

I’ll repeat

Jun 6, 2020, 3:48 PM [ in reply to You’re making my point exactly ]

You’re pretending to know how communities are mourning the loss of their sons, daughters, brothers, sisters and friends while not actually engaging or speaking to anyone in those communities.

Re: I’ll repeat

Jun 6, 2020, 4:11 PM

Where did he say he hasn’t spoken with anyone in those communities? It may be a good guess, but why do you pretend to know?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

robertn is all-knowing.....??***

Jun 6, 2020, 4:21 PM

If he’s still asking the question the answer is obvious***

Jun 6, 2020, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I’ll repeat ]

"If you cant prove my claim is wrong, my claim is right!"***

Jun 6, 2020, 5:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My claim was uncontested by the old retiree in question.

Jun 6, 2020, 5:21 PM

And I answered his question about selective outrage completely. Twice.

Just to be clear, is that a bigoted comment?***

Jun 6, 2020, 5:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure. I’ve read enough of Bengaline’s 30000 posts to

Jun 6, 2020, 5:31 PM

know where he comes from.

He's mad because his "look at my black square" got

Jun 6, 2020, 5:25 PM [ in reply to You’re making my point exactly ]

called out by a black guy. Cant be having any a that.

I wonder how many people with black squares went to Publix today, then to Home Depot, are about to fire up the grill, set aside 30 minutes of social duty to be spent behind a keyboard, then go to bed smug in their righteousness,

My “black square” was just a #### you to Tigermanac

Jun 6, 2020, 5:30 PM

In good fun.

Folks seem to agree there’s an issue with police brutality, and rioting is wrong but then criticize every other form of protest or method to bring awareness. It’s transparently disingenuous.

Fair enough. But that's not what the hollering is about.

Jun 6, 2020, 5:40 PM

When it becomes a partisan issue, used not to propose or employ solutions but as partisan opportunism, the fake self righteousness is seen for what it is.

People see it for what it is. It kept Hillary out of the White House. If Trump haters want to use this politically, they are going about it in 180 degrees the wrong way. Nov is a long way off, and in the rear view mirror sanctimony is remembered a lot longer than righteousness.

MLK proved that people will get behind truth, however difficult that truth is. If division is instead resulting, the message is wrong, somewhere. Admit that and change it, or lose.

I'm not talking about you personally here, just the thing generally. I shouldn't have said some of the things above. No problem with you at all.

there is a similar dichotomy

Jun 7, 2020, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Yep and blacks will continue to kill other blacks ]

Americans want other countries to be free from oppression and to be allowed to freely assemble, yet in our own country we are witness to countless acts of brutal oppression that encroach on these freedoms, with threats of more violent oppression by our own President.

The irony is that we often like to lord the moral high ground over authoritarian regimes around the world even though our government is at times responsible for propping them up.

Does it mean we are wrong on the principles that we have cherished for over two hundred years? Obviously no.

What should they rename South Chicago

Jun 6, 2020, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Amazing truth by former police officer.... ]

Tyler Perry owns half the West Side.***

Jun 6, 2020, 3:24 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

clearly oppression***

He used to live out of his car.***

Jun 6, 2020, 3:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He used to live out of his car.***

Jun 6, 2020, 4:19 PM

You see them call out Tyler Perry, TI, and Killer Mike for their privilege? And they said they don’t represent the community. They are bought and paid for by the black elite and just mouth pieces now.

Apparently if you become successful you’re just and Uncle Tom now.

Re: He used to live out of his car.

Jun 6, 2020, 6:45 PM

So are you happy yet?***

Jun 6, 2020, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Amazing truth by former police officer.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#### no.***

He should be. His little black square caused

Jun 6, 2020, 3:33 PM [ in reply to So are you happy yet?*** ]

Minneapolis to ban choke holds. And didn’t cost him anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

You’re a tremendous piece of ####.***

Jun 6, 2020, 3:35 PM

Love trumps hate.***

Jun 6, 2020, 3:37 PM

So much sarcastic love.

Jun 6, 2020, 3:40 PM

I stand by my assessment.

Re: So much sarcastic love.

Jun 6, 2020, 4:12 PM

Me too.

Well yeah, but what have they really accomplished?***

Jun 6, 2020, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Amazing truth by former police officer.... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol***

Jun 6, 2020, 7:08 PM

Jun 6, 2020, 8:25 PM

Congratulations, you found one guy who agrees with you. All the protesters can go home now, they were wrong.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 533
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic