Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's the matchup against NC State look like?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

What's the matchup against NC State look like?

Oct 8, 2018, 12:02 PM

Are they an older / wiser version of last year's team, or did they have some turnover? I see Ryan Finley is back... was hoping he'd graduated. What do you see on paper about the matching this week?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only concern with Nancy State is

Oct 8, 2018, 12:04 PM

their plan to target and injure our key players. It’s their only hope.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Misspelled Nancy's Tate

Oct 8, 2018, 12:06 PM

juss sayin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I think they had four Dlinemen leave for the NFL.

Oct 8, 2018, 12:13 PM

That's not to say they won't throw the kitchen sink at us with blitzes and complex defense. I think I'd go after Trevor hard if I were NCS' coach. I think Trevor can break their backs throwing quick passes to receivers coming across the middle.

Imo, we'll see a ton of that instead of those bubble screens. I also believe that those bubble screens and almost no passes to crossing routes in the middle was a ploy to throw NCS' defense off. That's what I would have done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last year was their time to catch us...

Oct 8, 2018, 12:30 PM

They were peaking as a mature team in many phases, and they had us at Raleigh. It was a big production with a bunch of former big name players in attendance. That being said, we are going to have to play well in order to "leave no doubt"...

their QB and WR corps are not the best matchup for us

Oct 8, 2018, 12:32 PM

he gets the ball out quickly and the receivers can flat out play. May be a few PIs called on us.

I don't think they can run on us nor stop us though

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Secondary is biggest concern for me going into this

Oct 8, 2018, 12:34 PM

game.

Re: their QB and WR corps are not the best matchup for us

Oct 8, 2018, 12:34 PM [ in reply to their QB and WR corps are not the best matchup for us ]

Every team will blitz us now until we shore up the pass protection. TJ is not getting a lot of time to throw the ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hes had plenty of time to throw. Needs to adjust that

Oct 8, 2018, 12:43 PM

internal clock or step up into the pocket

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: their QB and WR corps are not the best matchup for us

Oct 8, 2018, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: their QB and WR corps are not the best matchup for us ]

Wake got after TL with the safety blitz from the right side. I was wondering if TL had trouble recognizing this, or if we just believed we could get the ball out faster.

I know I got spoiled watching DW4 changing protections at the LOS.

I'm sure other teams will keep bringing pressure. They may make some plays, but blitzing also opens opportunities for big plays

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's the matchup against NC State look like?

Oct 8, 2018, 12:41 PM

It’s your basic good vs evil, freedom vs oppression, light vs darkness, kinda game. Just read Revelations, it all works out in the end.

Re: What's the matchup against NC State look like?***

Oct 8, 2018, 4:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Re: What's the matchup against NC State look like? ]

Good description of last game of the season as well...

44-21

Oct 8, 2018, 12:49 PM

Orange Team

We score 35 of those in 2nd and 3rd quarters

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 12:50 PM

It’s our worst match up remaining IMO. Finley gets the ball out quick to talented receivers. I still think we win 38-24

I'll say it again

Oct 8, 2018, 3:48 PM

The Textile Bowl is always tough. NC State will play us like they are Top 5. It doesn't matter what you've seen thus far....they will be a different team come gametime. It always happens.

Oct 8, 2018, 4:48 PM

Chubb and Hines were their best players on D and O respectively. I know Finley is extremely accurate, so he will be a handful. Losing a lot on D will allow us to score a lot IMO, so maybe our D can hold them under 21 and we can win. I will be glad to see Finley leave. He's pretty much the main problem for us.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic