Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should Dabo have sat TL before half?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Should Dabo have sat TL before half?

Oct 20, 2019, 12:18 PM

Before you Flame away, read the post.

I'm curious of your opinion on this. Dabo has always been very outspoken and taken action on competition and accountability. We all saw the Potter situation, we pull RB's after fumbles, Cervenka spent a lot of time on the sideline after a false start in the beginning of the FSU game, the list is long.

In my opinion T Lawrence made two really bad decisions yesterday (especially the second INT) that took points off the board in what was at the time a close game and then throws a Hail Mary (granted it was caught) that had a higher percentage chance of taking points off the board than putting them on. Using his own coaching philosophy it's my opinion Brice should have started the second half. For the record ;I'm not advocating replacing TL with Brice, I'm advocating equal accountability.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Should Dabo have sat TL before half?

Oct 20, 2019, 12:20 PM

No.

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

You are right

Oct 20, 2019, 12:20 PM

our coaches are just plain clueless and unfair sometimes. Don't believe me? Just ask Feaster and Bryant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

where did I say they are clueless?

Oct 20, 2019, 12:24 PM

I think we have a great coaching staff, wouldn't trade them for any other staff.

Oct 20, 2019, 12:24 PM

No, but he could have pulled him for one series to get him refocused.

so you actually do agree

Oct 20, 2019, 12:25 PM

That's what I was saying. Sit him, don't replace him.

Re: so you actually do agree

Oct 20, 2019, 12:27 PM

He was 9 for 9 for 167 yards after the INT. Ya'll kill me. Thank the good lawd we don't have people like you in charge.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: so you actually do agree

Oct 20, 2019, 1:07 PM

Right on point. TL does not let a bad play linger and does not fret. No reason to pull him. Kind of the same reason a baseball manager does not remove a pitcher right after a home run. The OP comparing him to the Potter situation is totally off base, as Dabo pulled Potter for not being ready to go on the field and having his head in the game .... not for just missing the FG.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Should Dabo have sat TL before half? ]

Yes, sometimes you have to do this. On the second interception I believe, he had a wide open receiver 10 yards down the field and chose to do a Hail Mary. Big fan of TL but I think he reads the headlines and is looking for that long TD rather than the less glorious shorter one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 12:28 PM

I think giving him one series on the sideline to clear his head and observe the Defense would have been reasonable.

the series after the int TL went 81 yds for a TD 2 for 2 for

Oct 20, 2019, 12:32 PM

67 yards including a TD pass. There was no need to get his head right, it already was right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right, can't argue facts.

Oct 20, 2019, 12:49 PM

it's also a fact that the TD was a Hail Mary that no coach who's being honest would have supported beforehand.

that was the next TD on the next series

Oct 20, 2019, 1:13 PM

it most certainly was not a hail mary Ross was crossing and the ball was thrown to him, high where he could get it and the defender couldn't.

TL scored back to back TDs after his second int

Wow! Did you just ask TL to be benched?

Oct 20, 2019, 12:30 PM

hopefully Karma won’t gift us with a QB like Kelly Bryant in the coming years.

This criticism of TL is getting overboard. If anything I’d question our offensive scheming / playcalling.

Re: Wow! Did you just ask TL to be benched?

Correct. Defenses know our tendencies on 2nd down, it's obvious. I'm not sure if they have figured our our formations, OL tendencies, or whatever, but it's very obvious that L'ville knew exactly what we were going to do. We have to change things up on 2nd down.

Screw Calford.

Play calling?

Oct 20, 2019, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Wow! Did you just ask TL to be benched? ]

When you IGNORE a wide open receiver for the first down and instead throw an INT into double coverage, it's not the OC's fault.

that was not a hail mary pass. he threw that exactly where his guy could catch, just like the alabama game.

Oct 20, 2019, 12:33 PM

NO!!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Oct 20, 2019, 12:39 PM

Yes. Had he sat Trevor Lawrence before the half at Syracuse, he of been playing like the best QB in the land for weeks.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 12:41 PM

NO. SMH....

Nope***

Oct 20, 2019, 1:13 PM

I don't consider the pass to end the half a "Hail Mary"

Oct 20, 2019, 1:27 PM

Trevor threw it very high, so even the 6'4" Ross had to use about a 36" vertical to catch it. Those 5-10 db's didn't have a chance, Either Ross caught it, or it was going out of the end zone!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic