Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How could the #1 seed choose?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

How could the #1 seed choose?

Nov 27, 2019, 2:18 PM

Even though the CFP's guidelines clearly state "the committee will place", I keep hearing people say that the committee places teams based on what the #1 team wants. The committee may place the #1 seed where they believe that they want to go but the team gets no say. The teams are not given advanced notice of the pairings. Therefore, how could they choose if they do not even know what they are seeded or who they are playing?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the procedure statessomething to the effect of consideration

Nov 27, 2019, 3:09 PM

is given not to screw over either 1 or 2 based on placement. So 1 most certainly doesn't get to pick - for example take this hypothetical If UGA was 1 and LSU was 4 they wouldn't automatically send UGA to Atlanta if say Clemson was 2 and Arizona St. was 3. In that case, UGA-LSU is probably in phoenix and Clemson/ASU would prob be in atlanta because otherwise one of the top 2 seeds would be disadvantaged.

Now, without divulging anything, it's possible they could contact the top 8 or so teams prior to the selection weekend to see if they had any concerns about location if they would up in the top 2- don't think they do that just saying that's a way to get input before any ranking/decisions being made

Re: How could the #1 seed choose?

Nov 27, 2019, 3:10 PM

The sites are chosen so as to not disadvantage the higher seed. For example, if finish 3rd or 4th, it is very unlikely that we will be in Atlanta due to the crowd advantage that would give us unless we somehow ended up with someone who would have equal or greater support at the site (Georgia for example).

Re: How could the #1 seed choose?

Nov 27, 2019, 3:35 PM

The committee will determine the placement of the number one seed based on their location and PERHAPS their desired location. Once the one seed is placed everything else is already determined. OSU will not be placed in Atlanta I don’t think. Especially if the opponent is from the south. Which it likely will be.0

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic