Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hot take or not? Top to bottom, AAC > ACC in 2019...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,467

Hot take or not? Top to bottom, AAC > ACC in 2019...

Nov 21, 2019, 12:14 PM

speaking of men's varsity football of course

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Hot take or not? Top to bottom, AAC > ACC in 2019...

Nov 21, 2019, 12:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Nov 21, 2019, 4:37 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 12:27 PM

Clemson over Memphis
UVA over Cincy
SMU over Wake
Pitt over UCF (obviously)
VT over Navy
Louisville over Temple
Miami over Tulane
NC over USF
BC over Houston
NCSU over ECU (done)
Duke over Tulsa

And FSU over UCONN for the trainwreck award.

GT is 1-1 vs the AAC and Cuse would be about even as well.

ACC is 11-1

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AAC = ACC in 2019...

Nov 21, 2019, 1:10 PM

With the exception of the #1 seed game, all of those pairings seem like toss ups to me on a neutral field

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AAC = ACC in 2019...

Nov 21, 2019, 1:54 PM

With the exception of the #1 seed game, all of those pairings seem like toss ups to me on a neutral field

Be advised- a couple of those were played and the ACC won. That's why OP put Obviously next to it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AAC = ACC in 2019...

Nov 21, 2019, 2:21 PM

Yes.

Also, without a few key wake injuries, I would think they could have a chance against SMU. I just don't trust Wake's defense. The UVA vs Cincy is another toss-up but I gave it to UVA since Cincy is basically winning the tight games against the 3 win teams. their margin of victory has been horrible - Notre Dame lite.

In addition, both to be FUNNY (and align NC State and ECU, the mid-table FSU is removed so the bottom half of the ACC is playing UP one spot.

Nov 21, 2019, 12:35 PM

The people who say that pretend that Clemson isn't part of the conference and start working their way through the matchups by comparing the rest of the teams.

Not according to Sagarin

Nov 21, 2019, 12:55 PM

ACC Atlantic > AAC West
ACC Coastal >>> AAC East

AAC is 1-3 head-to-head so far this year.

Only win is Temple over last place GA Tech.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

the gap between the ACC and AAC is large.........

Nov 21, 2019, 1:50 PM

Memphis is the only team that would sniff top half of the ACC

Can't Compare ACC to TOP HALF and expect

Nov 21, 2019, 2:01 PM

To me it's the most over-blown thing in college football right now! That being how weak the ACC is. The ACC would and has beaten the AAC somewhat regularly.

The ACC for whatever reason it seems is always pit against the top half of the SEC. What conference out there "would do well against the top half of the SEC"?
I like our chances a lot more against the top half of the Big 10 and Big 12.

Narratives that will keep being driven seem to be:

Big 12 doesn't play defense.
Pac 12 is weak.
ACC is weak.

Conclusion: of course that will be the narrative when most of your talking heads are alums of Big 10 and SEC schools. Remember when the knock of the Big 10 was it was "slow"?

I think the Big 10 is slow - but I am not going to put the entire conference in a box! Because all teams, players are not slow!

It's pretty unfair to think ACC outside of Clemson and think: "how would Miami do against Alabama, LSU, Georgia or against Ohio St. Nobody would!
But, Duke certainly did beat the Big 10 west champion last year right in Big 10 country! But, you don't hear about that! Unfair man. It's blown out of proportion!

ACC is better!

Nov 21, 2019, 2:11 PM

3 of the last 6 national championships! Played for it 4 out of the last 6 years! Why does the ACC have to defend itself so much?

Easiest answer is: "well that's just Clemson and FSU"! Okay, but if you say that, why not challenge the quality of the Big 12? Or the Big 10 who hasn't had another team not named Ohio State challenge for a National Championship since 1997. It's crazy how people don't want to see that.

The ACC is better, but its NOT large***

Nov 21, 2019, 2:01 PM [ in reply to the gap between the ACC and AAC is large......... ]

Nov 21, 2019, 3:42 PM

What makes the ACC appear to be bad is the middle tier is like 10-11 teams. You have Clemson on top, GT at the bottom, and the rest of the league all could beat each other on any given day. IF FSU, Miami, and VT were all 10 win teams most years like we expected... we would have fewer bowl teams but more ranked teams and it would not appear the same way.
Last year's bowl record showed the ACC wasnt this awful conference where no one could play. I am not saying it is better or worse than any particular P5 conference, just that the gap is a lot closer than everyone goes on about.

The AAC is not better than the ACC. Not even close.

Nov 21, 2019, 3:47 PM

I doubt seriously that the PAC 12 is better than the ACC top to bottom.

The ACC is bad this year but how bad the ACC is has been blown out of proportion by the media whose number one goal is to keep Clemson out of the playoff. It’s not going to work.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,467
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic