Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Clemson 2017 commit reopens his recruitment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Clemson 2017 commit reopens his recruitment

Dec 23, 2016, 6:01 PM

Clemson 2017 commit reopens his recruitment

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson 2017 commit reopens his recruitment

Dec 23, 2016, 6:04 PM

Zamir White is ours

Dec 23, 2016, 6:09 PM

Shucks! CR come baaaaack

Dec 23, 2016, 6:13 PM

Tigers don't beg, Zamir White is coming to tigertown, best of luck Richardson, you just decommitted from an elite program that is going back to back playoffs.
Make the right choice for yourself.

Dec 23, 2016, 9:45 PM

But momma says......

Dec 23, 2016, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson 2017 commit reopens his recruitment ]

I hope you're Right

Dec 23, 2016, 6:10 PM

Much,much rather have Zamir the number one running back in the country . Your loss richardson

Dec 23, 2016, 6:15 PM

Why am I the only one not excited about this? This kid is the bruiser RB that we need. He's a stud. I certainly wish him well but this is a big loss for us. Let's give Rodgers and Higgins time to work on him. He's a winner in Tenn and would be huge for us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Agreed

Dec 23, 2016, 6:17 PM

We need this type of big back

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CR is top-flite... hoping he's finds his way back...

Dec 23, 2016, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson 2017 commit reopens his recruitment ]

if not, take care of your future young man.

Don't be fooled by a vocal minority. I hate to see him go too

Dec 23, 2016, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson 2017 commit reopens his recruitment ]

but also would rather have 3* player who wants to be here than a 4* that doesn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 23, 2016, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson 2017 commit reopens his recruitment ]

He is a ""TOP NOTCH BACK"" ---hope he reconsiders and returns ?? -- keep the stable full of "horses"" --good luck,with your decision young man*****

the concern now is they follow. All are friends.***

Dec 23, 2016, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson 2017 commit reopens his recruitment ]

For Gosh's sake, the man said Clemson

Dec 24, 2016, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson 2017 commit reopens his recruitment ]

was NOT out of the mix. Chances are he will be a Tiger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, technically he said we aren't out of conclusion,

Dec 24, 2016, 8:22 AM

which would mean we are still at the end point. Or he might have meant out of contention, but not actually known that was the word he was looking for, which suggests that he might be an idiot who isn't going to be able to score highly enough on the SAT to get him into Clemson, and he sees the writing on the wall--or, in his vernacular--sees the waiting down the hall.

not surprising completely

He sees the touches for Gallman down year over year and has to at least question his role, with no less than two gunslinger QBs on our roster.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Don't burn bridges

Let's all remember

Don't burn bridges

Richardson is awesome and all will work out one way or another

Good kid good family

Welcome back Wayne Train!***

Dec 23, 2016, 6:18 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Dec 23, 2016, 6:19 PM

Let's all settle down fellas, easy on the harsh words. You can't make someone a Tiger. They are or they aren't. Regardless of what he decides, this kid is a stud. I'd love to get both him and Zamir but one can only hope. Our stable of backs can be threatening to any incoming freshman. And any elite team will have similar depth. Respect is paramount though Tiger fans...

Dec 23, 2016, 6:25 PM

My brother in law mentioned to me last weekend that we weren't going to be able to sign this guy due to his grades. Not sure if this had anything to do with his decommitment.

Dec 23, 2016, 6:27 PM

Dang high expectations!!

Dec 23, 2016, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson 2017 commit reopens his recruitment ]

http://www.localmemphis.com/news/local-news/two-trezevant-coaches-suspended-amid-grading-investigation/590332832

Dec 23, 2016, 6:33 PM

Again
Great info

Might have something to do with this

But let's all be high character

The world is watching

Dec 23, 2016, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson 2017 commit reopens his recruitment ]

That story is dated 09/30 2016. Is this really the reason?

I hope not, I hope he's just having young man jitters. He took no officials, maybe he wants to take some. Same thing happened with Shaq Smith.

He's a bruiser at 220 lbs and fast as lightening. I would be great to have him.

Dec 23, 2016, 7:08 PM

Sorry that we might miss out on this one but that's just me being greedy. I hope we can get White, but we shouldn't take anything for granted. Maybe even this kid too. To me it's just as important that these kids are high character people too (not that Richardson isn't - I have never met the kid or any of the other recruits). I wish for the best for him either way. Good luck

Dec 24, 2016, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson 2017 commit reopens his recruitment ]

Heard the same!

Time we move on.

Dec 24, 2016, 1:39 PM

Agreed!

Dec 23, 2016, 6:32 PM

Checkout all of the other schools - but in the end you will come to the conclusion that the Clemson family will have your best interest at heart and Clemson University will absolutely be the best place for you to spend your college career both academically and football wise.
This is special place.

Dec 23, 2016, 6:36 PM

He's headed to juco

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Dec 23, 2016, 6:37 PM

Well, there must have been some other motivation than him wanting to play anywhere else. Wish him luck in his decision.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2016, 6:46 PM

good luck but Zamir??...

Dec 23, 2016, 7:06 PM

Hope this guy stays with us. We are getting two pro style quarterbacks which means we would utilize our running backs more in the next few years. This is disappointing but if he's not all in then good luck to this young man and his future college choice. Consider this if you are reading, back to back playoff appearances, one of the highest graduation rates in the country, coaches who genuinely care for the success of their players on a md off the field, and a fan base second to none. If there is a school you are considering, visit that school and come back for one last visit at CU before making that life decision.

Something tells me it is Clemson who backed off..th

Dec 23, 2016, 7:53 PM

the info about the grades have been known for a while. Dabo does not take kids with that much baggage. Tn boards have been saying forever he was one of the players in the scandal. IMO, he may not even be able to go juco. Got to grad hs to be able to do that.

Interesting posts from TN board in Sept

He was playing all year with bad grades, and apparently was just caught along with another student.

The quote below is from a poster on VQ who explained what he had been told.

Quote:
Let me explain what's going fully now since my team's practice is over with. We play Treazvant every year so this is how I've been informed on what just happened. Two players were ineligible for Treazvant this season. One because somehow he never took English 3 (the school falsely put on his transcript he had ) which is the schools fault & another because his grades were changed when he was really failing certain classes (Richardson). The two players are ineligible until the investigation is over with and they've been proven innocent. Also all Treazvant coaches have been suspended indefinitely.

End of Oct:

although the investigation showed no violations were never committed by the head coach.....he and 2 others were disiplined......suspended 5 days with no pay...(that does not even make sense)

On a side note...the head coach Teli White had to miss the playoffs in 2011 due to the 2010 champ game. Repeated unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and personal fouls by his players throughout that championship game resulted in Trezevant being banned from the post-season the following year, and the Trezevant Athletic Department was placed on probation for two-years.

This is also the high school in the Albert means scandal.

We need a 2017 RB. We aren't waiting on Zamir.

Dec 23, 2016, 8:04 PM

We will take a RB this cycle.

Re: We need a 2017 RB. We aren't waiting on Zamir.

Dec 24, 2016, 12:29 AM

Flip Swift.

News on Richardson, plus his replacement.

Dec 24, 2016, 12:36 PM [ in reply to We need a 2017 RB. We aren't waiting on Zamir. ]

Not sure this is solid, but....
Just wondering if you guys have heard if its this
-----------------------------------------------------
Discrepancies found on Trezevant High School football players’ transcripts are leading to game forfeitures and an internal investigation by Shelby County Schools, the district announced Thursday.

SCS Chief of Communications Natalia Powers said players’ report card grades did not match grades on transcripts. It’s unknown if the discrepancies are limited to the football team, she said, so a full-school audit is underway.

Superintendent Dorsey Hopson issued a statement saying Trezevant Principal Ronnie Mackin voluntarily reported the findings to the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association, the state governing body for high school athletics, on Thursday after an “internal academic review.”

Hopson said the principal and his staff discovered the issue while conducting an academic audit to ensure all students have proper course selection for graduation.

ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads

The school will forfeit all football games played to date this season — their record is currently 3-2 — including Thursday night’s game versus Memphis Academy of Health Sciences and all future games until the internal investigation is completed. The team is the defending TSSAA Class 2A state champion and was among the favorites to win this year.

Trezevant is currently ranked fourth in Class 2A in the Associated Press' statewide poll.

Attempts to reach head coach Teli White were unsuccessful.

“We understand the impact this has on our students, but it’s necessary as we fully understand the seriousness of the situation,” Hopson said.

He added the district has “no reason to believe this issue extends beyond Trezevant,” but that the district will reach out to all schools as a reminder of auditing procedures in place for verifying accurate records.

“As an academic institution, we trust our employees to always maintain the highest levels of honesty and integrity with regard to our academic records,” Hopson said. “Students’ futures are in our hands, and we will not tolerate any reckless handling of student records. Anyone found to be directly responsible for or to have assisted in any way in creating the grade discrepancies will face the strictest possible consequences.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------
As for replacement at RB, wondering if it's Swift.
http://247sports.com/Player/DAndre-Swift-36721

Comments?

Hope he comes back but you never know how good they are til they get here

Dec 23, 2016, 8:25 PM

Gallman was not supposed to be what he turned out to be. CJ Fuller was supposed to be a bruiser with speed which he is but it hasn't seem to translate at game time yet. We all thought Feaster was going to be awesome this year. Even Shaq Smith got redshirted, a 5*. We just never know til they get here. Still plenty of time for things to happen though

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

First we don't know if this was his or the coach's decision

Dec 23, 2016, 8:27 PM

plus the kid committed without stepping foot on campus. I think he has been here once after he committed. We'll see what happens but when the coaches go and see the recruits yet you don't see anything reported or posted on twitter where they stopped by and seen him that the writing may have been on the wall. I don't have any intel either way but it seems to me this was a Clemson thing whether it be grades or another matter. We may never know because Dabo and the coaching staff handle these type of things pretty well.....

Hope we can get him at some point

Dec 23, 2016, 8:40 PM

Whether its after reopened recruitment or after a couple years elsewhere. That said, if we don't get him, here are a few possibilities on the wishlist:

2017:
Trey Sermon (Marietta): Committed to Oklahoma, but hasn't had an offer from us. Would he consider us if we offered?

Anthony McFarland (Maryland): We have been involved here. Mike Reed recruiting him. Has visited Penn State, but pretty wide open other than that. Do we make a push now?

Anthony Davis (Lakeland, FL): Another one that hasn't had an offer from us. Would we be interested now? Would he? Has visited Missouri and Pitt thus far.

Darrian Felix (Fort Myers, FL): Yet another one that hasn't had an offer from us. Has visited Tennessee and Oregon and sports many offers. Undersized, but maybe could grow a year as a RS?

Sheldon Evans (Roswell): Probably wouldn't be our first choice, but if we really wanted a RB this year and the above 4 weren't interested - you'd have to think Evans would love an offer from us. A bit undersized, but if his character is good maybe we look here.

2018:
Zamir White (Scotland Co., NC): The superstar of 2018. Many think we have an excellent shot with him.

Lorenzo Lingard (Orange City, FL): Also a superior talent. We'd take him even if we got White. Will be a 5-star himself as well. Jeff Scott recruiting.

Devon Lawrence (Wake Forest, NC): We have offered and seem to like him better than the other Wake Forest-area RB (Person) despite Lawrence being smaller than Person.

Ricky Slade (Virginia): We have offered, but I'm not sure we are pursuing him as hard as others.

Ricky Person (Wake Forest, NC): Doesn't have an offer from us yet, but great size RB. Would definitely be one we'd take a look at if we didn't get White or Lingard.

Jaelen Gill (Ohio): Probably a longer shot. Doesn't have an offer from us yet. Probably an Ohio State guy unless he just wants to be out of state.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You missed a big one

Dec 23, 2016, 10:48 PM

Swift is still a possibility.

Snowflake Basher........Out

I certainly hope he will change his mind and sign

Dec 23, 2016, 9:02 PM

with the Tigers. He would be a great addition to our offense.

There is more to this than we know! I believe I know why

Dec 23, 2016, 9:19 PM

Dabo believes in trust and honest with recruits. This could mean Richardson wanted to visit other places and the only way is to decommit like Shaq Smith. Another reason would be the depth chart. Something tells me there has been a change of heart seeing all the talent in front of him. Ex: Clemson has Dye, Choice, Fuller, and the beast Feaster coming back for sure. This doesn't include Wayne gallman. If we allude to the fact he already knew this coming in ... Then perhaps something has changed. Has Clemson told him Gallman is coming back or is this kid just wanted to visit other places. You don't decommit from a top 2 program for just a feeling

Memphis is a haven of improrities

Dec 24, 2016, 6:21 AM

He is seeing money from SEC schools. He will land at the highest SEC bidder.

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Memphis is a haven of improrities

Dec 24, 2016, 9:02 AM

Certainly not out of the realm of possibilities.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2016, 9:34 PM

Hope he reconsiders, but it's his decision, and I hope it works out well for him and for us. Good luck, young man.

Dec 23, 2016, 9:35 PM

I went to see CR play twice this season. The games were in Southaven, MS against two local teams. CR looked to be the best player on the field in both games but the level of play was far below the 2A level of SC. Dixie would beat all three teams.

Dec 23, 2016, 10:48 PM

Obviously we all want the best players to come to Clemson, but i think these kids should take their time and explore all opportunities. I see a pretty good bruiser for us next year in Fuller

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2016, 11:47 PM

He didn't want to de commit something fishy is going on academically at his school. I hate it for him and wish him the best.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/09/29/defending-2a-champion-trezevant-forfeits-all-football-wins/91300766/

http://www.localmemphis.com/news/local-news/two-trezevant-coaches-suspended-amid-grading-investigation/590332832

Really sucks for us***

Dec 24, 2016, 8:36 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Just wondering....

Dec 24, 2016, 12:40 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=20723704

Dec 24, 2016, 10:37 AM

I've had a day to sit on this issue. No one leaves decommits from this school...not with the weapons and aresenal we have coming in. We will have arguably and rating wise, the best 2 QB prospects in the country coming in the next 2 years. Something has to be going on behind the scenes

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 24, 2016, 8:32 PM

When something "smells" a little funny on the surface, usually when you stir it, it really starts to stink.

Dec 24, 2016, 1:07 PM

Someone correct me if I am wrong but by rule Dabo revokes offers from "de-commits"?!

Dec 24, 2016, 2:47 PM

Heard his grades were going to be a issue...... anybody else hear that?

Dec 24, 2016, 11:51 PM

He needs to reopen his English book.

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic