Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
the committee would get less flack
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 832

the committee would get less flack

Nov 5, 2019, 10:28 PM

if they would choose a set criteria and go by it..instead they apply it to some and not others..see us in bama..sure we have played no one..but bama hasnt either..yet they are rewarded for it while we are penalized

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it’s a complete mess

Nov 5, 2019, 10:32 PM

For some, eye test matters. For some it’s resume. Bad losses hurt some yeahs but not others. “Unimpressive” wins are a blow to some but ignored for others.

It’s just a completely random assortment of opinions. Only sport that decides a champion this way

Re: it’s a complete mess

Nov 5, 2019, 11:12 PM

I knew this would happen when we went to a committee. I actually liked the BCS computer model. It was very accurate and took bias/ human emotion out of choosing the top 4.

Get rid of the committee and use the BCS computer

You nailed it.

Nov 5, 2019, 11:30 PM [ in reply to it’s a complete mess ]

"It’s just a completely random assortment of opinions". It is indeed a, "complete mess".

Alabama is ahead of Penn State due to the "eye test", yet Alabama has no marquee wins. Then they say Penn State is a ahead of Clemson due to marquee wins (Michigan and Iowa??), but they're behind Alabama due to "eye test". So they're saying the "eye test" means more than actual wins? Clemson is highly penalized by a "close win" against UNC, yet Penn State's close win against Pitt is ignored and even called a "good win" at the same time. The buzz words are thrown around with no consistency at all. It's almost laughable.

it’s a complete mess

Nov 5, 2019, 10:32 PM

For some, eye test matters. For some it’s resume. Bad losses hurt some yeahs but not others. “Unimpressive” wins are a blow to some but ignored for others.

It’s just a completely random assortment of opinions. Only sport that decides a champion this way

Replies: 4
| visibility 832
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic