Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Complicated Playoff change
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Complicated Playoff change

Jan 9, 2018, 3:02 PM

6 team playoff

5 power conference champions

1 top ranked group of 5 team

first two seeds get a bye

so complicated

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This really is the only other real scenario....

Jan 9, 2018, 3:06 PM

But someone is always going to feel left out.

I also like the idea that the conference championships become a playoff game

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so really 11 teams have a shot in the post-season. Nice.

Jan 9, 2018, 3:08 PM

but yes, someone will always cry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

10 team playoff..no polls

Jan 9, 2018, 3:07 PM

Each conference champ GOES.
Cfp comittee does the seeding

AAC
ACC
BIG12
BIG12
CONF USA
MAC
MW
PAC12
SUNBELT
SEC

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Complicated Playoff change

Jan 9, 2018, 3:08 PM

Then it just goes to the #3 seed complaining about not being #2 and getting the bye...or #7 getting upset. There's always going to be someone angry no matter what you do. IMO 4 teams is just right

Re: Complicated Playoff change

Jan 9, 2018, 3:12 PM

There is no scenario where everyone is happy. People will complain, but this makes the most sense.

the best way to do this would be....

Jan 9, 2018, 3:39 PM

to take 8 teams and do a playoff with those. 1 vs 8, 2 vs. 7, etc. Then you could take each of the Power 5 conferences champions, ACC, SEC, BIG 10, BIG 12, and PAC 12. And have 3 at large bids for Group of 5/Independents with the best record/highest ranking. So this year you would have had:

1Clemson vs. 8Boise State in one of the 4 old BCS bowls (Rose, Orange, Fiesta, Sugar)

2Georgia vs. 7Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl

3Oklahoma vs. 6UCF in the Peach Bowl

4Ohio vs. 5USC in the Citrus Bowl

Then the winners would advance to the Semis, which would be two of the remaining 3 old BCS Bowls, and those winners would advance to the last remaining BCS Bowl. And those bowls would rotate annually, with the top seed in the quarter finals playing in the BCS bowl that existed in the Quarter finals that year.

Re: the best way to do this would be....

Jan 9, 2018, 5:29 PM

You can go to 12 and give the top 4 rated conference champions a bye and then play it out from there till the end. I would love for the higher rated team to get home field advantage until the championship game. I know some talk about high prices but if the ACC championship game can be cheap then so can home games in the playoffs. I told someone earlier I spent less for me and 3 others to go to ACCCG than to a home Clemson game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oorrrrrrr

Jan 9, 2018, 5:37 PM

You could go to 120 teams to play 11 games plus a conf champ game for some and then choose the best 4 to battle in CFP?

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic